Chapter 29

Break Those Walls

"Myungsoo ah just patch up with your father." Lady Kim wheeled her wheelchair after Myungsoo, who was more than determined to prove his point.

"Okay, if he divorces Ms Park." Upon hearing Myungsoo's reply, Mr Kim flew in a rage. He stomped over before slapping his child, which Myungsoo had gradually gotten used to over the years. Myungsoo clutched his cheek which was slowly turning into a gradual shade of red. He scribbled his signature on the legal papers, tossing it in his father's face before pulling his luggage away.

No job. No instruments. No paintbrush. No money. What is he going to do? He couldn't even pay the rent.

He dragged his feet to Sungyeol's house, having no money to pay for a fare.

He needed a job desperately.
-

"What Lady Kim? Er does he have his phone with him?" Jaehyun blabbered anxiously into the phone.

"He just left with his clothes and necessities. He even left his paintings and instruments behind. He has no cash and all credit cards and phone lines are terminated by his father. Mr Kim is really angry." Lady Kim explained worriedly.

"Do you know where is he staying? He hasn't come to my place. What did he do?" Jaehyun clutched onto the phone worriedly, afraid that Myungsoo couldn't survive alone himself.

"He talked to Mr Kim about your family's company. Well Mr Kim refused to believe him and it escalated into a full blown argument when Myungsoo told Mr Kim to divorce Ms Park. That child is so rash." Lady Kim muttered, starting to miss Myungsoo a little already. They just got together not long ago, and there, her son going to some corner of Korea alone with nothing on him.

Stupid child always making me worry, Lady Kim thought to herself and started to weep.
-

Once, twice, thrice. Myungsoo thought of approaching Jaehyun for help. He knew there was a spare guest room for him to stay in but thinking how he had indirectly landed Jaehyun's family in deep smacked him in the face. He was beyond guilty of his presence alone and how could he continue to bother her family?

"Rumors of Lee company have dissolved when accounts were checked and realized it was a calculation mistakes. Scandals of Mr Lee are proven wrong as Mr Lee had been mistaken as the protagonist due to similiar height and built.
The Lee company swore to stand on its own feet again to establish a whole new connection with investors islandwide. This is reporter Mr Jung Jonghyun reporting for Seoul News." Myungsoo stoned at the television. He was happy that the rumors were dissolved, although at the cost of his kinship with his father.

At least Jaehyun is safe now, he closed his eyes thinking, settling into his new bed. He was more than determined to get a job, pay his rent, buy canvases and paintbrushes, violin and guitar with his own money. With that surge of motivation, he managed a smile and changed into office attire.

"Where are you going? You alright?" Sungyeol popped in. He was extremely worried for Myungsoo, he secretly intended to pay for Myungsoo's rent with his pocket money but Myungsoo found out and got really upset.

"Going to get a job. I will see if there are spots for freelancers." Myungsoo pulled up his tie and brought his resume which he typed last night. He intended to work as a freelancers, since jobs like this wouldn't bore him to hell although there was no fixed pay.

If your article gets selected, you will get the cash. If not, enjoy instant noodles for the rest of the month or even more.

Myungsoo was not worried. As everyone knew, he had the brains to mock and point out things which surely the media would greatly appreciate this talents.

"Hello Myungsoo-sshi please take a seat." The editor gestured towards the blue cushioned chair.

"You can write well I suppose? I met your father at a conference before. And he told me how deep and meaningful your drawings can be." Editor Jang continued. Myungsoo wanted to correct him that Mr Kim was no longer his father but he held his horses.

"You can draw. Maybe you can be a political cartoonist under 'Life!" section of the newspaper. You will draw comics or pictures about current affairs, since it's the most popular nowadays. People prefer to look at pictures instead of words." Editor Jang chuckled. Myungsoo smiled, it was a good job, he could draw in his job. Drawing is his passion and he couldn't help to suppress his happiness.

"Excuse me Editor Jang, what are my working hours?" Myungsoo questioned.

"Oh, freelancers are free," he emphasized the word 'free', "You earn more if you draw more,vice versa. Just whatever current affairs there are, you pick a few and draw about it. However, there are many freelancers out there too, so work hard to outshine them and get your pay. $20 per drawing accepted. Is that fine?" Editor Jang confirmed, Myungsoo nodded his head.

"Editor Jang would it be okay if I can take up more than a job?" Myungsoo asked, in his heart wishing to earn more money to buy his instruments and art supplies.

"Well sure, you can be a photographer. Don't worry, Photographer Song will teach you soon. You are to follow him around to take photos of scenes while he interviews. This job has no fixed hours too. If the incident happens 3 in the morning, you are to get out of bed and rush to the scene for photos understand? Send me your photos and drawings, I will critic them before deciding whether to use it." Editor Jang finished off and Myungsoo took a bow and left.

I am going to be independent, Myungsoo firmly drilled into his mind.

----------------------------------------

A/n: GUYS DESTINY IS OUT AND IM TOTALLY SPEECHLESS WAAA ITS SERIOUSLY HOT HOT HOT