Reaching Out

City of Angels

“I think I like him…” Hyukjae said which cause Snngmin to spill the coffee he is drinking.

“In love with who?”

“Minho’s appa.”

“The one with a sick wife.”

“Yeah.”

“So what’s your plan?”

“Nothing, I mean I know it’s my first time to like someone but it’s wrong because he is married.”

“But the girl is dying right so you have a chance.”

“Hyung!”

“Okay okay sorry I should be careful with my words.”

“Miss Jessica is so lucky to have him, Even Donghae with her such a perfect couple like what you see in the movies.” Sighed Hyukjae.

 

Ot was almost a week and Jessica is still in the hospital, Donghae again took his leave and decided to take care of her even his mother always tells him to be focused on work.

“When he enters the room, he saw his wife smiling.”

“Hae…”

“How’s my queen?”

“I’m fine.”

“The doctor said by tomorrow you’ll be released here.”

“Really?”

“Wait…” Donghae took out a handkerchief and as he waved it a rose appeared.”

“For you.”

“You never change.”

“Of course, you know I always love you since we’re highschool students.”

“I know.”

Their sweet time was interrupted when Hyukjae appeared with a basket of fruits.

“I’m sorry, am I interrupting something?” Hyukjae said not going inside the room.

“No not at all come in.” Donghae tried to assist him but Hyukjae, avoid his touch and walks inside.

“Hyukjae right?” Jessica asking him.

“You can call me Eunhyuk Miss Jessica.”

“Well Eunhyuk then and please drop the miss I feel like a teacher when someone calls me that.”

“Sorry.”

“I want to thank you for bringing me here.”

“No I just happen to pass and I saw Minho so you know out of instincts.”

“But still I want to thank you.”

 

Jessica and Hyukjae talk to each other while Donghae is just peeling the fruits and almost past 7pm Hyukjae excused himself.

“Hae can you bring him home?”

“No need, I have my bike with me.”

“But its dark already I don’t want something to happen t you.”

“But…”

“It’s okay Eunhyuk, you can’t win against my wife come on.”

Donghae is already aware Hyukjae is afraid of him but he wonder why, what he just notice, is when they walk to the car Hyukjae is very careful not bumping anyone especially male but suddenly when he saw Hyukjae trip he stopped by holding him, but Hyukjae seeing it pushed him.

“So sorry.”

“It’s ok my bad, should have been careful.” As he puts his hand on Hyukjae’s shoulder Hyukjae pushed his hands off.

“Oh sorry Eunhyuk let’s go.” Hyukjae fasten the seatbelt.  As he arrived at home Donghae thanked him and drove away. As he was alone he sighed, he feels embarrassed he does not want to think that he is a cold man. Ever since that incident Hyukjae really have phobia especially when man touched him he remembered 2 years ago when Sungmin get him back to school.

 

Hyukjae was looking around not talking to anyone, suddenly a classmate of him approached him.

“Hi Hyukjae, I’m Kangin nice to meet you.” As he outs his hand on Hyukjae he shrugged him off realizing it he apologized but it was too late he called him a freak.

“Yah, Hyukjae, you’ll clean the classroom today I know you can do it.” As he pats Hyukjae’s shoulder he pushed him and distance hisself.

Because of that everyone branded him as psycho, cold, unfriendly and this caused him to just stop school and help Sungmin with work even at first Sungmin was not happy because he was not having any progress.

“Hyung they’re right if I hate people I should not go to school, maybe its better if I don’t go out.”

“Hyukkie, that’s enough! You have done it with me you can also do it to other but…”

Sungmin was only the person Hyukjae was not afraid of, he feels like it was a mother/sister’s touch when it comes to Sungmin but don’t get him wrong he does not like Sungmin he just feel secured and Sungmin never judged him and to think Sungmin also suffered from Hyukjae’s aloofness, but due to his perseverance Hyukjae became a cheerful guy again the only thing that did not change is his pobia attacking whenver a stranger especially a man approached him.

 

“When will this be gone?” Hyukjae asked himself, entering the house.

 

(the next day)

 

Since Hyukjae goes back to the hospital, Sungmin was forced to do the delivery, as he his in his bike with the basket of fruits, a car was on it’s way good thing it stopped but Sungmin is not injured but the fruits are almost ruined.

“Yah! Look where you are going!”

Sungmin did not hear him as he is panic with the fruits that he needs to deliver. He glared at the guy.

“You! Don’t you know how to look at the road!”

“What! It’s not my fault you’re the one who’s not careful” the other guy replied.

“What? Me! Aish, you are the one not careful on driving now what will happen to my fruits do you know how much I lost because of you!”

The taller guy stares at the guy and his fruits, he took out his wallet and throw the money at Sungmin.

“Here just take it, don’t think I admit it’s my fault I just pity you and if that’s not enough here’s my card you can contact me in that number.”

The guy Sungmin took the money but he crumpled it angrily as he noticed the calling card. “Cho Kyuhyun, you bastard next time I see you I am going to break your neck.”Sungmin cursed throwing the card even leaving the money behind.

 

(at the hospital)

 

“Well I advise you to be ready for the worse.”

“Why doctor?” Donghae asked the older man.

“You’re wife’s sickness can no longer be cured even a bone marrow can’t save her, I thought 6 omths is enough but now things is unpredictable you better prepare yourself.

 

Donghae went outside, how life can be cruel to him, he thought Jessica still have a hope he is not ready yet as he was outside he saw Hyukjae and he wipes his tears.

“Omo! Donghae I brought Jessica fruits again and I heard she’ll be released later.”

“Yes.”

“Uhm I know I don’t have the right to ask this but is there a problem I can listen.”

Donghae looks at him, he can see the warmth n the younger one’s eyes.”

“you know my wife is sick right?” Hyukjae nodded.

“I was with the doctor, he said anytime Jessica can.. can…” Donghae just cried, I tried everything but it’s not enough Minho will be sad, I will be sad I can’t just lose her..” Donghae finally breaks down.

Hyukjae, don’t know what to do seeing the guy he like cries for his wife hurts him like a dagger in his heart, he doesn’t want him to cry if only… Hyukjae without second thought approached Donghae and gave him a back hug.

Donghae’s eyes widen, this is the first time Hyukjae touched him.

“Eunhyuk…”

“Sungmin-hyung said, this is one of the best way to comfort a friend… I just want to comfort my friend.”

Even just this once let me forget my fear, because seeing you cry brings me pain….