Failed Hopes and Unwelcome PAst

City of Angels

“10,000 won.”

“7,000 won.”

“8,000 won”

“9,000 won and don’t dare to say no, you know how great the fruits are besides all of them are newly pick, you think Sungmin-hyung and I will give you something not good.” Hyukjae said as he reach his hands for the money.

“fine, fine.” The other man giving up handed the blonde-hair boy the money.

“Thanks!” he showed him his gummy smile and walk away, as he rides on his bicycle he stroll around and finally he saw two kids who are starving, he suddenly remember his sandwich pasked by SUngmin and give it to them as he left he smiled at them and went away.

 

“Hyung!” he called him as he reach their home.

“So?”

“Well here’s the money I got for the fruits, all complete.” He smiled.

“Hyukkie…”

“What?” looking innocently at his hyung.

“Right foot.” Sungmin said.

“What? I Aish!” Sungmin knew well Hyukkie would sneak money, he is not angry it’s just Hyukkie had this hobby. He remove his shoes and Sungmin see the money he hid there, SUngmin just kaugh at him.

“You can keep it, after all you helped me today.”

“Really hyung, I love you.” He said as he hugged him tightly.

“Yah!”

“Don’t worry, hyung I trust so I am not afraid of you.

“Silly kid, by the way Junsu is looking for you seems like he wants you to model for him for his art project again.” Sungmin said as he is cleaning the living room.

“Omo! How can I forgot, yes that’s extra money I will just text him tomorrow.

“Oh I’ll prepare our lunch so better prepare some plates Hyukkie.”

“Yes hyung.” Hyukjae replied as he went to the kitchen.

 

(at the Lee Mansion)

 

“Appa! Umma!” A little kid waving his hands as his parents watching play with his dog Choco.

“Isn’t Minho happy, I don’t know what would I do without you Jessica.” Donghae said as he leans on his wife’s shoulder.

“Pabo! Of course you can, you shouldn’t give up we should just enjoy this time that we are together.”

“But maybe there is still a treatment you can still make it.” Donghae said filled with his hope in his eyes.”

“Hae… I do want to live longer but what can we do, this is my destiny and I know you will find someone that you will be with forever.”

“No one can ever replace you.”

“I love you.” Jessica mumbled caressing his husband’s cheek.

“I love you forever.” Donghae kissed his wife’s forehead.

(At Hyukjae’s place)

 

As they fall asleep, Hyukjae seems to be disturbed, he keeps on crying his hands clutching his blanket. He suddenly have some flashbacks of what happened to him 6 years ago, he was all alone in the rain, after he ran away from the orphanage, un unknown man dragged him he can’t see his face all he do at that time was to cry and plead for the stranger to stop.

“NO!” Hyukjae screams finally waking up from his bad dream.

“Hyukkie?” Sungmin tries to comfort him but Hyukjae keeps screaming.

“GET AWAY FROM ME! DON’T TOUCH ME!” Sungmin tried to calm his friend, but it was no help Sungmin had only one idea to do he suddenly slapped Hyukjae and the other man suddenly calm down, SUngmin apologized to him and get a water for his dongsaeng to drink.

“Hyung, I dreamt of it again, I still can’t figure out who is that man, I can’t I…”

“Hyukkie, I know this would sounds bad but you need to move on, I know how much you hate the person but, you need to learn to forgive.”

“I can’t hyung he destroys my life, I can’t even put to justice what had happened to me I feel helpless.” He sobs into his hyung in leans into his shoulder.

“Hyukkie hush now…”

It has been Six Years and Lee Hyukjae is still haunted by his past….