When Reality Hits

Dreams Or Reality; Which One Is Better?

 

The scene dissolved, as Hannah's eyes fluttered open. She rolled over in her bed, and looked at her clock on her bedside table. It was nearly time to go to school. Hannah sat up and sighed.
*Another dream.*
Sulking, Hannah got out of her bed and changed into her uniform. Once dressed for school, she left. Hannah walked to school slowly. She didn't live too far from the school, and she hated getting there too early. She put her headphones on, and began listening to her iPod. Hannah loved ballads, regardless of what language it was in. Her iPod was full of ballads in different languages. Korean, Japanese, Chinese, English. She even had one or two Irish ballads on there.
When Hannah arrived at school the first thing she saw was him. Choi Jonghyun. Her heart flipped. He was smiling and laughing with his friends. Hannah stared at him for a moment. Before she looked away, Jonghyun looked in her direction. Their eyes met, adrenaline pumped through Hannah's body. Neither of them looked away straight away, until Jonghyun's friends started to walk into the school. Jonghyun followed, tearing his stare from Hannah.
Hannah felt numb. Her heart was beating so loudly.
*He stared back. Maybe.....he feels the same.*
Hannah shook her head.
*No. That's stupid.*
Sighing, she entered the school.
 
The day went fast. Her classes were boring. When the bell rang, signalling lunch, Hannah headed straight for her school library. She always spent her lunch time there. It was always empty and silent.
Hannah entered the library, expecting it to be empty, but it wasn't. Sitting at one of the desks, reading a history book, was Choi Jonghyun. Hannah's heart raced again.
*At this rate, I'll be dead by the end of the day.*
Silently, Hannah sat at another desk and took out her lunch. She ate on her own, stealing glances of Jonghyun frequently.
When she was finished, she went searching for her book. She always read a certain book at lunch. Browsing through the sections, she couldn't find it. She kept looking, looking in different sections in case someone misplaced it. In the end, she gave up. She headed back to her desk when she bumped into someone.
"Mianhe" she apologised.
"You don't need to apologise" came a soft voice.
Hannah looked up. She was greeted with Jonghyun's smiling face.
"It was partly my fault too. I was returning this book" he showed Hannah the book. Her eyes widened.
"That's my book" she muttered.
"Your book?"
"Oh. Not exactly mine" Hannah felt a little embarrassed.
"I always read it at lunch time" she explained.
"Really? Mianhe. If I had of known I would've left it there".
"It's okay. I've read it a lot of times at this point".
Jonghyun handed the book to Hannah.
"Here. I'm finished with it. I need to get back to my history project".
He smiled and walked back to his table. He picked up the history book and began to read it again.
"Kamsamnida" Hannah whispered to herself.
*I just had a conversation with Choi Jonghyun*
She felt numb. Hannah sat back down at her desk and began to read the book.
Time passed, and before Hannah knew it, the end-of-lunch bell rang. She jumped a little, not realising lunch had gone by that quickly. She looked up to see Jonghyun leaving. He waved goodbye to her. She returned the wave.
Swiftly, Hannah put her book back and left the library. She headed to her next class, the sight of Jonghyun waving at her, still in her head.
 
Her classes came to an end. Hannah was leaving the school when someone called her name.
"Yae Ju".
Hannah turned around. Walking towards her was her class mate, Jin Hye Won.
*Why is she talking to me? We're not exactly friends*
"Do you need something?" Hannah asked, a little too bluntly.
"I was just wondering is this yours?" she asked, holding up a notebook.
Hannah looked at it. She took it from Hyewon and opened it. Hannah didn't recognise the hand writing.
"Where did you find it?" Hannah asked, closing it.
"In the library after lunch. I thought it was yours because you're always there during lunch".
Straight away Hannah knew who it belonged to.
"It's Choi Jonghyun's" Hannah told Hyewon.
"How do you know?"
"He was in the library at the same time".
"Oh. Could you pass it on to him? I'm in a bit of a hurry".
"Araso".
"Gomawo".
Hyewon ran off.
*She wasn't lying when she said she was in a hurry*
Hannah left the school and looked around. It took her only a minute to spot Jonghyun. He was with his friends. Hannah was nervous. She found it hard enough to speak to him on his own, but now he was with his friends. Taking a deep breath, Hannah walked over.
"Hi Hannah".
Yoo Chang Hyun smiled at her. The rest of his friends, along with Jonghyun, stared at Hannah.
"Hi Ricky".
Ricky was the nicest person in the whole school. They were often paired up in classes for assignments. They got along well.
"Um, is this yours Jonghyun?"
Hannah handed him the notebook. His eyes widened.
"Where did you find it?"
"In the library".
"Kamsamnida! I thought I lost it".
Jonghyun smiled at her.
"Chunmaneyo" Hannah bowed slightly before leaving.
"I think she likes you" Ricky said when Hannah was out of earshot.
Jonghyun chuckled.
"I don't think so".
Ricky frowned before looking at Hannah once more.
 
Hannah's parents still weren't home when she got there. She cleaned around the house before starting her homework. It was nearly nine before her parents came home.
"You home JuJu?" her father called.
She came downstairs.
"Welcome home" she smiled.
Straight away, Hannah began making her parents some tea.
"Honey. You don't have to make us tea" her mother said, as she was making some snacks.
"But you've been working all day".
"And I'm sure you have to" her mother smiled.
"You should get some sleep JuJu. You look very pale" her father said.
"Have you had your dinner?" he asked.
"Of course I did" she lied.
She wasn't really feeling well so she had skipped dinner.
"Well you get to bed now honey. Your father is right. You don't look too well".
"Okay. Jaljayo umma. Jaljayo appa" she hugged them goodnight before heading upstairs. She got ready for bed, putting her books in her bag. Crawling into bed, she waited for sleep.
 
~~~~~
 
^////^ First long chapter~ I hope you guys enjoy it :D I'm not gonna pressure you into commenting, but I would appreciate it :D Plus it gets your Karma up so....you know :D
comment&subscribe