JongAna +The Incident

Minho's Tribulations

 

 


Anna’s POV

I sat on bed, looking at the gorgeous man sleeping.  How could anyone be so damned perfect?  And how did I get so lucky.
 

I still remember at first I was obsessed with him, like any normal fan would.  I chuckled at that.  And when he paid me attention, I remember feeling flustered and like I was at top of the world.

 

Little changed in the past year; I still feel on top of the world when I am with him.  With Jonghyun, everything is more interesting.
 

His zest for life, finding laughter and amusement in even the most mundane thing was new to me.  But it was still wonderful.  There was nothing about this guy that I hated.  I sighed; maybe that was what love did to people.
 

I was actually shocked when he confessed that he loved me.  Ours was a very unconventional relationship.  We started with heavy flirting, sleeping together even before acknowledging our feelings towards each other.  It came as a surprise that he could love me.
 

“I’d give anything to plaster that smile on your face forever” he said, shaking me out of my reverie. 

“Hey! I was watching you sleep” I complained jokingly.

“How about you come join me” he said and before I could answer, he reached out and pulled me next to him.

Enveloped in his arms like this, any girl would be mad to protest.  His chest was hard and those strong arms always made me feel safe.

He was spooning me, with his face in my hair.  “You smell nice” he said and pulled me closer, if that was possible. 

We lay like that, relishing this moment.  It was rare that he slept at my place, or that I slept at his dorm. 
 

We did not want to go public just yet.  Only close people knew we were dating.  And I was content in this phase.  I knew SHINee fans were very dedicated and I did not want to receive hate mails or death threats.
 

So it was very rare that Jonghyun stayed the night.  And moments like this had to be cherished.
 

As though reading my mind, he reached for his phone and took a picture of us.  He kissed the top of my head.  “My angel in white” he said in his deep morning voice.
 

I turned to kiss him, but the phone sparked to life and ruined the moment.

He looked at me and I knew he would rather kiss me than take the call.  I chuckled and moved out of bed, letting him take his call.

The drawbacks of dating a star! I thought as I walked to the kitchen.

A few minutes later, he came in, zipping his pants and sporting an ed shirt. He looked uneasy.  “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“We need to go to the hospital.  Yumi is hurt” he said and kissed the top of my head as he took my coffee from me.

“Two minutes” I said before disappearing into the bathroom.

 

 

 

At the Hospital
 

“It’s gonna be alright” I said to Minho who sat there as though the world was ending.  I looked at him and mentally congratulated Ji Ara.  She was right… Minho really did care for this girl.

“It’s just a burn” Jonghyun, who sat on Minho’s other side said and patted his shoulder.

He did not talk…he could only nod, while staring into nothingness.

 

Soon enough, everyone was here, Taemin, Ji Ara, Onew, Key and their manager, who looked disapproving. 

I sat up so that Taemin can comfort Minho.  I stood next to Ji Ara, who looked quite sad.

“She was so bubbly and lively, hard to think she nearly burned herself.”

I held her hand and we smiled.  Soon however, the doctor came out.

“Is she alright?” Minho got up in a flash.

“Yes, no need to worry.  It was only a first degree burn.   Though she cannot use her right hand for a few days” he said and mentioned that we could go meet her.

It was weird how the oven could catch fire because of electrical malfunction.

I guess we all expected Minho to go in first, but he asked key to go.  I frowned.

When everyone went inside, I walked to Minho, who sat there, looking sad.

 

“What’s up?” I asked and he looked at me with such sadness that it broke my heart.

What he said was the last thing I expected.  “Girls are so stupid!”

I stared at him, waiting for an explanation.  Normal Minho would never say such a thing. “I told her not to touch the oven that I would take the cake out! She just doesn’t listen.” He said with gritted teeth, the anger rising.

“You guys were baking a cake?” I asked.  Minho was baking a cake! That’s novel!

He nodded then realized what he agreed to.  “She wanted to do it, and since she is so accident prone, I helped.”

“You don’t need to justify your actions to me” I said.  We had grown considerably close this past year, “Why aren’t you going in?”

“I could strangle her if I see her” and I had to bite my tongue from chuckling.  Finally his mind registered the fact that she was in no serious danger. 

 

Then he sighed and shook his head.  “My nice quiet life destroyed by this hellion!” he sneered at no one and I stared at him.  Was this a man in love?

“She just spread some much needed excitement in your otherwise boring life” I said, honestly, knowing Minho would prefer honesty.

He looked up and managed a smile.  “That boring huh?”

 

And I reciprocated his smile.  “She’ll be fine.” I said, and knowing he would not say more, I stood up and was about to walk to the room when I stopped and sighed.  I meant it when I told Ji Ara that Jonghyun and I only interfered because they were genuinely in love.  And from the looks of it, so was Minho…and he was in deep.  “Ji Ara, you owe me one for this” I thought to myself and turned back to Minho.
 

“By the way, you do know that she will need help with everything from now on till her hand is alright again, right?” I asked and he glanced up at me, looking clueless.

I could see the request forming in his mind.   And I hastily added “Ji Ara cannot help as she got shooting and I have to go to a conference tomorrow.” I said and left, with a very worried Minho staring at me.

 

 

 


 

Yumi’s POV

Everyone was so nice.  And Anna was as Ji Ara had described, warm and easy to talk to.  She did not know me and yet she came to see me.  How could I feel homesick with such wonderful people here?
 

I relished the attention and all the fussing.  However I was relieved when I did not see Minho.  He had specifically told me not to touch the oven and I did… he would probably be angry about the mess I left in his kitchen when the cake platter broke down and cake scattered all over the kitchen floor.
 

Just thinking about it all made me shiver. 
 

“Are you cold?” key suddenly asked.  I shook my head but he still pulled the covers over me.
 

“I think we should let her get some sleep.” Taemin said and I whined.  “Nooooo I don’t like hospitals.  And I might get kidnapped again.  I need to go” I said, trying everything possible to get them to take me out of here.
 

Ji Ara chuckled.  She looked at me with the i-know-you-are-trying-to-wrap-them-around-your-little-finger look but she said nothing. 
 

Finally, the doctor agreed to let me go home and I could not be any happier.  “You’ll drive with us” Anna said and I nodded.  I had yet to see Minho, and I guess if he had to shout at me, better be at his place where I can sulk in my room instead of here.
 

As Jonghyun started the car, I started to fear the destination. Minho was a quiet guy normally, but don’t they say calm waters go deep?

________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you liked this chapter and it got you excited for the next... Minho taking care of a hellion XD

 

Comment and subscribe :)