Disapproving Eyes

Hopelessly Devoted ~ a One-Shot~COMPLETE

 

 

The following morning Sora walked to school, wondering if Kris would finally show his warmer side to the people around him. When she got to the entrance gates she saw her fellow classmates milling about, running across the courtyard as usual.

 

Spying him near the entrance door, she casually walked over, noticing that he seemed to be waiting for someone. When she approached him she smiled hesitantly. He gave her a small smile back and they walked into school together.

 

What they weren't expecting was the amount of eyes staring at them. Some in surprise and some in dissapproval.

 

The whole hallway became quiet as they walked down the corridor, making the both of them uncomfortable.

 

Finally people started whispering amongst themselves loudly.

 

"Well, not like we saw that coming."

 

 

"Do you think he finally broke down and agreed to go out with her?"

 

 

"It's a same Yi Fan sunbae pities people so easily that he gave in."

 

~

The two exchanged glances, wondering if they should walk separate ways for the rest of the day.

 

"I wasn't expecting this. What should we do?" Sora whispered even though most of the students could still hear her.

 

Kris looked around at everyone, giving them his icy glare.

 

"It's really impolite to talk about people like this. Think whatever you want, but Sora and I are actually friends now." Kris said cooly.

 

Everyone's mouths gaped at this as Sora just stood there not sure what to add.

 

"Let's go" He said and they quickly walked out of the corridor to their homerooms.

 

~

 

During lunch they sat outside on the courtyard hill, talking at eating sandwiches while people still openly stared at them.

 

Mostly because Kris was smiling for the first time in a long while.

 

In public anyway.

 

"I still can't believe it. Sora finally won him over?" One girl said in disbelief.

 

"Well, he said they're friends so not exactly?" Another girl said, scratching her head.

 

"Who cares. If she makes him smile, leave them be." Another girl said and walked off.

 

~

"This is really weird. Hopefully it'll stop soon." Sora said, looking at people openly staring at her and Kris from the bottom of the hill.

 

Kris gave them his cold glare and they scurried off.

 

"You get used to it after awhile." he said with a shrug.

 

Sora scoffed playfully. "Well, sorry Mr. Popular." She said and Kris laughed shaking his head.

 

-

The bell rang, signaling end of lunch and they packed up their leftovers, saying theiir goodbyes as they went back to class.