Just For One Day

Just For One Day

Gasping for air, I arrive at our favorite place.  There he is, with his back on me, holding his camera while looking at what seems tobe a faraway land. I took up all my strength and ran a few meters away to him.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun." I said between heavy sighs.

He turned around. Shock is evident on his face. "What are you doing here?"

"You what are you doing here?"

He lifted up his camera, "taking pictures? You? what are you doing here? aren't you supposed to go back to Seoul?"

"I just went to your house to bid goodbye but you weren't there. I saw some trivial stuff then I found myself going here."

"Really?"he acted coolly. Then he saw the box of chocolates on my hand. "Yah, I thought you'll confess? What happened? rejected? Want me to console you?" he asked non-stop while eyeing the box.

"Why? Can't I celebrate my Valentines with my bestfriend with whom I always celebrate it with?"

"No. From now on, No. Coz, you'll be taken." he said his words turning into a whisper.

"Hah! Is that what you think? You know what, I think I should do what you advised me before."

"What ad--" he asked but I immediately cut him.

"AISH! WHY ARE THERE NUMB PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD?I HATE THEM! Since I was young, I never looked on anyone but YOU!"i said while shifting my eyes from the waters to him. But he isn't looking at me now." Don't you know how hard it is for me to change your name over and over again? Babo! Why do I have to suffer my 21 years of existence just because of you? Why do you have to hide it all? Huh?!" I am now crying. But I still tried to have my composure to tell him everything."Don't you know how many times I cried because of you? And how many times I cried because of your Ms. Jewel? It breaks my heart to hear you talking about her!" Now, he looked at me. "Yes, I LOVE YOU CHO KYUHYUN! YOU'RE A COWARD! A STUPID IDIOT!"

 

And with those last words, I broke down and sobbed. Crying my heart out.  I was exposing the picture now for him to see.

 

"I am even praying earnestly that you'll see me as a woman. Even for a day."I said between sobs.

 

Kyuhyun's P.O.V

 

I was silent the whole time. I was gathering all my thoughts. All my emotions. I don't know if I'll be happy, sad or angry at that time. It seems like they all mixed up to make me crazy. She broke down and cried. There I saw on her hand is her picture.

 

"I am even praying earnestly that you'll see me as a woman. Even for a day."I heard her said between sobs.

 

"So you now know. Ms. Jewel. Don't you know how many times my world is shaken because of those different men?!"I said, not noticing that my voice is raising. I realized how pathetic the scenario is now. So I approached her and helped her up.

 

I held her arms and her shoulder to support her body. I know she's in no condition to stand up. I patted her back, her shoulders and held her face.

 

"Uljimma. I love you. I don't want to see you crying because of me. Please. Don't you know how much I waited for this day. that I can finally say that my prayers are answered? That one day, You'll look at me as a man."i said,looking at her eyes.

"That was already answered even before you prayed for it. Because that one day started even before I realized I am inlove with you kyuhyunnie."she said, with her fluffy eyes.

"But except appa, you're the only man who made me cry this much. You're hateful!"she said, breaking our eye contact.

 

I let go of her face and pulled her towards me. I hugged her tight but gently. Making sure that she won't be hurt.

 

"aish"i heard her say before boring her face on my chest.

"My prayers that just for one day,even for a day you'll be mine came true."i whispered to her.

"ne. this day will go on for forever."

"saranghae."i said as she was looking at me. I kissed her forehead making her to close her eyes.

"nado, saranghae."

 

I kissed her eyes, her nosetip, her cheeks, playing at her reactions everytime her expectations go down. Still wrapping my arms around her, finally, after too much self-control, I brushed my lips slightly on hers. She opened her eyes meeting mine. Then she smiled sweetly. I bit my lips and she inched closer to me. This time, her kisses are full of much passion and longing.

 

"wait."i said, breaking the kiss. "aren't you supposed to go back to seoul?"

"will you let me go?"

"no. but i have to."

"then i'll go now."she said trying to release from my embrace.

"wait. can you stay for one more week? the classes will start in two weeks time. I want to stay with my..girlfriend?"i asked sweetly.

She laughed hearing her new title. "arasseo. i'll stay here. then will you bring me back to seoul?"

"of course. i will. but in one condition"i said, raising my pointing finger.

She raised her eyebrow."what's that?"

"after six years, can i bring you to the altar?"

She smiled. "of course I will." then hugged me again.

 

This time, I initiated for a sweet kiss, and this time, none of us even bother to break it. I am praying now that time can go slower for a week and make it faster for six years. And our Just for One Days turned to a forever.