Just For One Day

Just For One Day

Ga Eun's P.O.V

 

Kyuhyun and I are bestfriends since we were young. We always love to do things together. Actually, I only wanna do this things with him. And him alone. When we grew up, changes occured, physically, mentally and emotionally. Before, besides his mom and noona, I am the only girl he looks after, but now, he has this Ms. Jewel. But my feelings for him never changed. Aish. How many times do I have to change his name so that he will not know my real feelings for him? I'm running out of names here you know..

 

FLASHBACK:

It was our Graduation Day and everyone was crying and hugging and taking pictures. I was sad too. Not only that my high school fun is over but also, because I have to leave my hometown to study to a university. That also means Kyuhyun and I will be apart from each other. We won't be seeing each other for years and the thought slowly kills me.

 

My classmates, my homeroom buddies and my schoolmates were all asking me to have a picture with them. Not that I'm popular but for a souvenir. I had to fake a smile and hold on to my congratulatory boquet while posing for the cameras. I had to fight my tears from falling whenever they hug me and tell me that they'd miss me. After some time, I realized that I haven't seen Kyuhyun after the ceremony. I decided to leave my friends to go look for him. True enough, we are the best of friends for I already knew where he would be.

 

He was at the staircase on one of our fire exits. Sitting there, scanning his shots on his camera. He's so drawn in his shots that he didn't feel that I'm already sitting beside him.

 

"Yah..Why are you alone here?" I asked him while trying to peek at his camera.

He was surprised and immediately hid his camera. "Yah! Why did you sneak in here?!" he said.

"Why? I'm not allowed to? Is this yours? Aish.."

"Ani..yah, are you done taking pictures with your friends?"

"Ne..I left them..You're done taking pictures?"

"Mm."he said, nodding. "but i still need to take my one last shot."

"Yah. That's with me right?" I said nudging him.

"Why are you so full of yourself huh? Aish! You brat."he said as he was putting his camera in his bag.

"Jinjja? Arasseo. Arasseo."i said pouting.

"Kaja."he stood up in front of me and offered me his hand. I reached for it but too bad, I lost control of my balance making me to get closer to his body than what was supposed to be. Our eyes met. But he broke the contact right away. This made my heart ache. He release his grip on me and started to walk ahead. To be not too obvious, I quickly followed him and acted as if nothing happened.

 

We went home together but we needed to celebrate with our families first so we decided to meet again at night. We went to our favorite spot and since it was already dark, we laid down the grass while gazing at the stars.

 

"Ga Eun~ah, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure. What's that?"

"How's that special someone of yours?"I could feel his eyes on me while he's asking me that.

"He's still special. Nothing changes and nothing will." I answered not bothering to look at him. i'm afraid I might just glue my eyes on him again.

"Really? Then that's good."

"You? How's that Ms. Jewel?" I said as I was connecting the stars with my fingers.

"I really like her but I'm about to give up."he sighed.

"Wae?"I looked at him and saw that he's looking at my hand. "I thought you'll pursue her? Didn't you just say that you like her?"

"yes. But the situation now is..ahm..unfavorable. I'll give it a thought."

"Ah. Hope she'll like you." I looked the other way. My tears fell."

 

I don't have the courage to tell him what I feel. If only he'll look at me. Every night I'm praying that even for a day, he'll see me as a girl whom he can love and can love him back.