Campfire

Needed Vacation.6

Back on the road Luhan and Sehun spoke easily, their conversation pointless but fun and light hearted. Neither boy had any idea where they were and neither really cared, knowing there was a GPS device in Sehun’s bag waiting for when they needed to start making their way back. All signs of city life were completely gone, only the occasional farm or lorry passing them as they drove by miles and miles of fields and forests. More than a little bored of driving Luhan stopped the campervan by one of the seemingly deserted fields and stretched out in his seat.

“You ok Lu?” Nodding to the younger boys question Luhan tilted his head to the side and half smiled at him. “Hungry?” Nodding again Luhan watched curiously as Sehun stood up and walked out of the van. Giving the field they were in a quick glance over Sehun spotted what he was looking for an half jogged towards a pile of long forgotten lumber. Picking up as much as he could Sehun made a small camp fire before grinning proudly at Luhan and waving him over. Walking to the back of the campervan first Luhan dug some meat out of the mini-fridge, bringing it and some plates out with him he sat down beside Sehun and smiled at the campfire.

“Not bad.” Taking the meat from the older boy Sehun scoffed at the comment as he prepared the food for cooking.

“Not bad? Come on, give me some credit. I made a fire.”

“Chanyeol could have done it without the wood.”

“Chanyeol would have cheated.”

“Using our powers isn’t cheating.” Using his telekinesis to hover the meat over the fire Luhan poked his tongue out at the teen, proving his point.

“It’s cheating when we use them for silly things” Jogging back to the campervan Sehun picked up a grill rack and balanced it over the fire, pushing the hovering meat onto it he smirked at Luhan.

“It’s just a little harmless fun~” Using his powers again Luhan flipped the meat over, keeping his eyes on Sehun as he did.

“What’s fun about cooking meat?” Frowning at the teen’s response to his playfulness Luhan shrugged.

“You’re right. There are more fun things I can do” Pointing at the bottom of Sehun’s top Luhan slowly moved his hand up, his abilities moving the top up Sehun’s body without him actually touching it. Laughing at the silliness Sehun pushed his top back down and held it defiantly.

“Stop it, I already told you that’s cheating.” Sighing Luhan turned his attention back to the fire, eyeing the flames as they waited for the meat to cook.

Once the meal was ready Sehun glanced at Luhan and, not wanting the older boy to think he was boring, Sehun used his own abilities to blow the flames out of his way as he picked up the now sizzling meat and dropped it onto the plates Luhan had brought along. Smiling smugly Luhan picked up his plate and blew on the meat before speaking, his tone teasingly mocking.

“Using your powers for something so silly is cheating Sehunnie~” Shoving the older boy’s arm Sehun took his first bite of the meat and chewed happily, loving the taste cooking over a camp fire gave the food.

After a few hours of talking by the fire the boys contemplated going back to the van, not sure if they should keep driving now or not.

“It’s pretty late Lu, you shouldn’t drive in case you get sleepy or something.”

“I guess. Come here” Obliging happily Sehun scooted closer to Luhan and allowed himself to he pulled into the older boy’s lap, wrapping his arms around Luhan’s neck he nuzzled his head into the boy’s chest and relaxed into his body. As Sehun got comfortable Luhan held him in place with one arm and used the other to rub small circles on the back of the teen’s neck. “You’re happy aren’t you?” Sehun would have laughed at the question if he wasn’t so comfortable in Luhan’s arms, instead he found himself yawning sleepily before answering.

“If I wasn’t you’d know it.”

“Oh really?”

“Uh-huh” his sleepiness growing Sehun let his suddenly heavy lids close and spoke as he began to drift off. “If I’m ever not happy with you I’ll make sure you know, don’t worry about that” Running his fingers through the teen’s hair Luhan kissed the top of his head and listened as Sehun’s breathing relaxed, turning to soft snores as his body turned limp, sleep taking over.

Luhan waited until the fire died out before slowly getting to his feet and carrying Sehun bridal-style back to the campervan.