[III] TOO LATE

~ CHOICES ~

Too Late

 

The halls had been empty once again after the second bell rang. Students have gone back into their classrooms. They were highly disciplined to keep it like this. Tranquil was a way to describe the corridors of Elliteu Maeum High during class hours. But footsteps had disturbed the still air in the hallways. Not just footsteps but those rhythmic squeaks of leather on the polished tiled floors and the sound of tapping grew louder and louder towards a dead end. Those swift feet were of a girl running towards the end of the hall, hidding under the nearby staircase, that has not been used so often. She curled up into a ball, wrapping her arms tightly around her knees, leaning on the diagonal base of the stairs, and sobbing. She was flushed from embarassment earlier and feared of returning to class. Her first day of school wasn't doing so great, she had thought. Even considering quitting school because she'll just have a hard time during her stay here.

"Why..." she croaked. "Why does this happen to me? Did I deserve this? What have I done wrong?" she continued to curse herself knowing it is only her that can hear it. She got tired of complaining, and rest her head on her knees and breathing wavered heavily.

 

A slim tall guy passed by and halted as he heard crying in the direction of the staircase. He walked suspectedly over and went down the steps one by one. Reaching the ground floor he had found nothing there but could still hear heaving like it was right behind him. He searched some more through the hall but had no trace and the sound had actually disappeared. He gave up as it was only wasting his time and turned around, back towards the stairs he had gone down from. He heard it again and spotted the plain peach skirt of the school at the foot of the stairs. He approached the found maiden under the staircase.

"Here...." he knelt to where she was and passed her his white clean hanky.

"Thanks....." she accepted the offer and wiped her eyes dry.

"What are you doing here during class time? What happened?" he asked kindly.

"It's a long story and actually quite pathetic... I don't know why I'm even crying so much about it. Don't you have class too? Won't you get in trouble for cutting class?"

"No worries. It's free period for Class 1A right now."

"Class 1A?! The Elite Group?!" her jaw dropped. She shook her head and immediately stood up and bowed 90-degrees. "Mianhae~ I didn't know....."

"No need..." he held her hand and pulled her down gently back to sitting on the floor. "Now, I have all the time.... Mind telling me why you were crying earlier?"

"Uh okay. By the way, I'm Bae Soo Ji of Class 3A but I just transferred. You can call me Suzy. You?"

"I'm Zhang Yixing but here they call me Lay. Nice to meet you Suzy...." he smiled.

 

They talked for over an hour. Suzy explaining to him what had happened at her first class, why she had run off and hid extensively to the isolated part of the school. Lay had done his part sharing his experiences in the school. They ended up laughing and Suzy's sobbing has ceased. He caught sight of gold metallic strips of confetti near the storage closet, stuck it below his eyes and acted silly to make her giggle.

 

 

"Stop that~" she pushed him playfully. "You're gonna make me cry again...."

"Hahaha okay okay I'll stop." he laughed shyly.

They were so caught up in their jokes they hadn't realize it was already noon and time for lunch. They couldn't here the bell from the isolated area but they sensed noise building up in the halls.

"Well, it's time for lunch." he stood up and reached his hand to her. "Come, I have to introduce you to the others."

"Others?" she was pulled up by the gentleman.

"My friends. They can surely share a thing or two like I've shared to you. And we'll be watching over you so you won't go running out of class again." he grabbed her hand. "Now, let's go or else the line at the cafeteria will be too long." he threw a smile and she followed him through the halls. Whispers had surrounded them and Suzy received glares from the crowd. The smile washed off her lips and she kept her head down feeling degraded. Kai just watch them walk away together.

 

No, do I even got a chance? I'll be lucky if she hasn't met Kris but I know Lay is leading there now. Is it too late now? How can I still convince her when she's on her way to the other side..... *sigh

 

___________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Oh dear I'm so sorry I updated so long and this is so short :(((( MIANHAE~

 

Anyways, :D I'm so happy from the 400 views for just 2 chapters!! My first fic has 16 chapters and I only had 500+ views for that huhuhuhuhu ;A; I decided to put in a love triangle. It kinda intervenes with my initial concept of the conflict between Kai and Kris but I'll make it work.

 

Kamsa subbies~ Sorry my schedule is just really tight these days.....