[V] HEY WHO

~ CHOICES ~

Hey Who

 

 

They leave the academic building then stroll down to another. The glass doors slide open as the pair walked in. Everything here is fancy they even open themselves for you. I don't belong here, I'm not like them. Suzy thought to herself upon entering. It was grand. She looked around. It may be a just cafeteria for them, but to her it looked like restaurant, one that she has never been to because she could only afford instant ramen at convenience stores. High ceilings and exquisite stained glass windows. The room as wide as a building at her old school. The whole place was packed with everyone on their own tables which had no labels but belonged to a certain group. Lay held unto her hand all the way, as did the looks they were receiving from the students of Elliteu Maeum. She kept her head down and pulled her hand out of his grip. The tension was just too much for her to handle. He turned around seeing her slowly backing away nearing the door.

"Hey, what's wrong... Did I- do anything..?" he spoke softly, comfortingly to her. She shook her head avoiding eye contact. "Hey come on... You can tell me. What's on your mind?" he smiles bringing her chin up, meeting her eyes.

"It's just that-" she looks away as a group of girls whispering to each other passes by. He notices.

"Is it them?" She nods lightly, finally meeting his gaze. "Look, you don't have to worry. They don't know you so it's wrong for them to easily judge you. But I know you. Maybe not so but you're not that bad so far." He snickered a little and she cracks a smile. "You can't impress everybody here and you certainly don't need them. I'm here. I'm your friend now. At least you got one person in this school you can talk to. And once I introduce you to the others, you'll feel a lot better. Now, let's go. They're waiting for us." He grabs her but she doesn't move an inch.

"Wait-"

"What is it?"

"Can you please not hold my hand? I don't want them to hate me that much." He hesitates but lets go. He nod quickly motioning her to follow him.

As they passed table after table, they reach the one right in the middle. A long table full of boys. Suzy gulped in hard. What did I get myself into huhuhu they look quite intimidating. Maybe I should just flee and never talk to Lay ever again. Everybody else will be spreading even more rumors if I stay now and sit with them. Oh Suzy this is not good for your image.

"Lay, where have you been?"

"Yah you said you only went to the bathroom but you didn't go back to the classroom."

"What were you up to huh?"

"Rumors have been going around that you were with some-"

Silence fell upon them when Lay stepped a little to the side, revealing a girl standing right behind him.

"Who's she?"

"Uhm, guys. This is Suzy. From Class 3A. She's new." he told them. "I found her on my way back to our class and she was-"

"Lost." she spoke over him. They were all startled. "I was lost. I was looking for my class but I couldn't figure out where it was." She faces Lay and whispers something to him. The boys look to each other, puzzled, trying to figure out what was going on. "It would be our little secret, please. I just don't want them to know I cried." He understood what she meant and mouthed 'okay' to her.

 

"Yeah, I think I did hear about a new student coming in." The tall guy stood from his seat. "Hi, I'm Park Chanyeol! The handsomest guy here." He bent down to her height and waved to her face. Everyone else rolled their eyes.

"Hey, what's up." The guy pushed the self-proclaimed Mr. Handsome to the side. "I'm Byun Baekhyun but you can call me Baek."  

One flashes her a quick smile. "I'm Luhan and this is Sehun over here." His pal sitting next to him shows a small grin too. "He doesn't talk much especially to girls he just met."

 

This guy doesn't seem so intimidating. He waves at her. "Hi, I'm Kim Junmyeon. But they call me Suho. Don't know why but you can call me if you like me. I mean I like you so call me Suho. No- uh I messed up." he laughed awkwardly to himself. Uhm, okay... That was weird.

"Don't mind him. He's still a . But I'm not." Throwing a flirty wink to the dumbounded girl. "Kim Minseok. Xiumin for short. Babe for you."

The next guy gives him the owl eyes but he just laughs. "He's kidding, really. But a flirt he is." He reaches out his hand to hers for formalities. "I'm Do Kyungsoo and apparently the only normal person on this table." They shake on it. "You may refer to me as D.O., Kyungsoo, or Dyo. Whichever you prefer."

"Dyo, you're such a killjoy. Could you be any more boring than you already are?" he nags. "Hey! The name's Kim Jongdae. They know me as Chen and apparently the only fun person on this table!" he mocks the former. "Chen chenni chen chen!!!"

The last two haven't said a word the whole time being her there. Lay helps her out. "Oh, this is Tao and uh... Kris." They glanced as their names were mentioned. "They're just not really into this kind of stuff. It's not like they're bad guys. It's just that they are quite reserved and only comfortable talking to the rest of us." Suzy feel a bit uneasy, especially for this Kris guy. Tao has these deep dark circles around his eyes, as if he hadn't slept well last night.

 

 

An odd group of guys. But they are all good-looking. I have to be careful around them. They must be all from the Elite Group. "Hi, everyone." She bows politely. "I'm Bae Soo Ji. It was nice meeting you all. It's such an honor meeting elite students like you."

"Oh, don't be like that." Baek waves dismissively. "We're just like everybody else here."

"So, you two haven't eaten yet?" she feels a grumble at the pit of her stomach. She remembers not eating breakfast earlier. "Here you can sit next to me!" Chanyeol gestures. And Lay takes the seat across hers.

"Lay, we already got your lunch for you. It just took a charming the lunch lady." Luhan passes over the tray.

"Uh thanks..." Lay gets his tray and slide it across the table to reach his side. It tips over Suzy's chopstick kit and it drops to the floor. "Sorry, I-" they both reach for it and now their fingers touch. Their eyes meet and Lay looks flushed. He sits back up and scratches the back of his head in embarassment. "So-sorry about that." She digs into her lunch like nothing happened.

 

After finishing her meal and listening to what seems to be a funny story told by Chen and Xiumin, they all stood up and got their bags to go back to their classrooms. The warning bell went off, signalling that classes were about to begin again. The boys walk out of the building surrounding Suzy. Lay makes his way pacing right beside her.

"I can take you to your classroom and talk to your teacher about-"

"No need." she stops him in his tracks. "I think I can do it by myself. I know the way back." She gives him the look again like he's forgotten their agreement.

"Oh. Okay. Sure. Right."

"So Suzy, you'll be alright now?" she nods to D.O. "Well if you need any help, we're here for you. If you have questions, we might know the answers."

By the statue, she spots a male eyeing them from the distance. He doesn't break eye contact with her. "Hey, who is that over there?"

"Who?"

"That guy at the statue..." When she turns back, he's gone.

"That's the founder of Elliteu Maeum. They made a statue for him. He's a symbol of excellence." Suho said in a matter of fact.

"No, I thought I saw someone else..." she doubted her self. She just might be seeing things. She leaves, parting ways with the guys, sprinting up the stairs to her class.

 

Phew, that was close. Too soon and they could have told her all those lies about me. Maybe I still do have a chance to befriend her. Maybe... But that's a risk I'm willing to take

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey everyone! I got excited updating this so I posted a new chapter right away! I hope you like this one. I apologize for the slow plot progression. This day never seems to end but I will try to move on with it haha.

Thank you for the new subscribers and the upvote! I was surprised that after I said I was back to writing this. I felt the need to start working on it. I didn't have anything else to do today.

So comment, upvote, share it with your friends!!! Thank you for all your support ^^ KAMSA~