Chapter 6 - Friday

Don't Let Me Close My Eyes Tonight

Chapter 6 – Friday

The next day at school Chanyeol never showed up. “You think we made him that mad?” Chen asked as he stared at the others, all of them guilt in their eyes. “What you mean mad at you guys? What happened?” Kai asked as he and Hyemi joined them at their usual spot.

“Well you know how Chanyeol didn’t show up at lunch yesterday, we, uh tried calling him and we might have said a few things we shouldn’t have and then maybe asking if he was turning into another Baekhyun and we think that might have upset him.” Tao sighed as they all shook their heads sadly.

“Well you know how Taegoon is, right? Remember he got into a fight with Suho and we almost got kicked out of the swimming team last year because of him. Well Chanyeol defended him in a way, what else were we supposed to think?” Lay sighed as he crossed his arms.

“Yeah, I remember that. It would be weird to witness that. Maybe he’s going through something. We should all go over to his house later.” Kai suggested, frowning a little.

“Yeah, that’s a great idea. Maybe he’s just sick again today.” Sehun nodded, smiling as all of them nodded agreeing to the idea. “Yeah you can’t just be sick one day and get all better the next.” DO half smiled.

“True, but you know who else is missing today?” Kris sighed tilting his head to the side slightly. Everyone turned to see what he was talking about, only to see that at the table with Taegoon and his group Baekhyun was missing. It made suspicions rise. Maybe Chanyeol WAS ditching them for Baekhyun or it could just be a coincidence. “Well I guess we’ll find out after school.” Suho sighed as he went back to eating his lunch trying to keep cool about the whole situation and with that everyone else continued eating as well.

When time came and the last class of the day finished, they all met up at the front gates. With Suho leading the way they all walked to Chanyeol’s house. When they arrived to their destination Suho knocked on the door as everyone waited behind him patiently. For a while nobody answered the door then they could all hear shuffling of feet nearing the door. The lock came off and slowly the door opened.

“Oh, how are all of you doing?” Chanyeol’s mom smiled warmly, her eyes filled with tears, a little red and slightly swollen. “Is everything okay?” Suho asked as soon as he took in her appearance. She nodded slightly, “I’m fine, but I should let Chanyeol tell you. He’s on his way if you all want to take a seat in the living room to wait for him.” She breathed her voice a little shaky.

All of them glanced at each other, slightly worried and concerned. Kai tightened his grip on Hyemi’s hand to ease some of her concern.

Their friendship had grown stronger between them. It felt like nothing could tear Kai and Hyemi apart, their bond for each other almost at its peak.

They all walked into the living room and waited for Chanyeol to come. It must have been one of the most painstakingly long moments of their lives. Even if it didn’t take that long it still felt like forever a million things running through their minds. They didn’t know what to expect when Chanyeol came. Not sure how he would look or what was really happening to have everyone acting like this. What was it exactly that his mom couldn’t tell them and that he had to be the one to tell all of them.

“Mom I’m home.” Chanyeol yelled as he came in through the front door, slight sniffling could be heard along with light cries. Then as he walked into the living room he froze, immediately he turned around as he tried to wipe the tears away and act like everything was normal, but it was too late for that.

All of them had seen his tear streaked face.

“You don’t have to hide anything from us Chanyeol. Your mom told us you were going to tell us something.” Suho said, standing up from his seat on the sofa. They could all see Chanyeol’s slight panic at the mention that he had to tell them something and they all could feel that he was hiding something, but even still slowly he turned back to face them.

“What are you going to tell us that you’re leaving us to? Have you been spending time with Baekhyun? He’s been missing from school too and to think about it, he’s been missing since you have. Are you going to tell us that you’re joining Taegoon’s posse too, that were not good enough for you? That…”

“Baekhyun’s dying…” Chanyeol said his voice a low whisper, but it was loud enough for all of them to hear and to stop them from saying more. Everyone had a flash of confusion, hurt, emptyness. “What?” Suho asked clearing his throat.

“It’s why he wanted nothing to do with us. He didn’t want us to get hurt. He didn’t care if we stayed mad at him forever, but he just couldn’t let himself be if you all, we all had to see him suffer.” Chanyeol said as tears streamed down his face, everyone was shocked from what they were hearing.

“You’re kidding right?” Hyemi cried as she stood up from her seat, holding on tightly to Kai’s hand. “No, it’s the truth. I mean I just found out yesterday and even then he tried to lie about it.” Chanyeol answered wiping the fresh tears from his face as new ones fell.

“C-can we go see him?” Suho stuttered, for being the strongest of the group, tears filled his eyes, blurring his vision. All of them crying. They weren’t sure what to feel. If they should feel mad or sad, but it still hurt.

“No, we can’t go today. He’s getting his last check up before…” Chanyeol couldn’t finish his sentence as he sobbed letting himself fall to the floor.


Yes I did come back ^^ and thank you people for subscribing!!! yay got two new subscribers!!!!

ThANK you!! :)

Hope you guys like this chapter ^^

more gifs

(CR: to the people who made them)

“We are ONE! Annyeong haseyo EXO-imnida!”

Baekyeol’s cuteness ft. .jpeg Suho

okay till next time my friends