Not a Good Start

Through His Eyes~HIATUS

 

    Lying sideways on my bed, I held the scrap of paper that had Myungsoo's number on it in front of me, furrowing my brow. 

 

Should I save his number? Why would he target me, out of all the other girls at school? Or at his own high school? 

 

Shakig my head quickly, I crumpled up the paper and tossed it towards the trash can on the other side of my room, and missed.

 

Sighing, I slowly got up from my bed, and picked up the crumpled ball of paper, about to toss it into the trashcan, when my phone dinged. 

 

 

 

        Keeping the ball of paper in my hand, I walked back over to my bed, and slid my finger across the screen, to see who had texted me. 

 

It was my friend Sora, whining about some guy named Kris who wasn't giving her the time of day.

 

Sitting in a pretzel sit on my bed, I grabbed my Molang stuffed animal from my bedside table, and hugged it while I texted her back.

 

 

To: Sora

From: HaeRi

So he's mean? Then...why do you like him?

 

 

I lied down on my stomach, waiting for her response, resting my chin on top of Molang's head.

Personally, I couldn't imagine liking someone who was mean to me. But, to each their own I guess.

 

A few seconds later, she replied and I had to stifle a laugh at her antics. Sora was always cute and bubbly, and this Kris guy sounded like the complete opposite. But if anyone could melt that guy's heart, it'd have to be Sora.

 

To: HaeRi

From: Sora

I don't know! Agh. I just feel like...there's more to him. I don't really think he's mean and he's just putting up a mask for some reason. Bah. Sorry I complain too much. =_____= Thanks for listening to me!^^

 

Smiling to myself, I shook my head and replied back to her, telling her it wasn't a problem at all. Setting my phone on my nightstand, I placed Molang behind my phone, patting it on the head, before getting up from my bed to go to the bathroom.

 

~

 

Standing in front of the mirror after my nightly shower, I glanced at myself in the mirror, wearing my pink and white striped pajamas, still wondering why Myungsoo had given me his number, of all people. 

 

Someone dared him to?

 

He just wanted to?

 

He wants to be friends?

 

He's bored and wants to see if I would gush over him?

 

I don't even know who he is, really. Except from what he told earlier today.

 

Telling myself to stop overthinking things, I washed my face with Cetaphil, and then put moisturizer, llightly patting my face, and then brushed my teeth.

 

Tying my hair back away from my face, I left the bathroom, and went under my bed comforter, going to sleep, since I had school tomorrow.

 

~

 

"UNNI! It's almost 7!" HeeMi called to me, as she stomped into my room, dressed in her uniform, and her Pororo backpack strapped behind her.

 

My eyes shot open, startled as I jumped out of my bed to quickly get dressed. I ran down the stairs quickly, with her following closely, as I grabbed a bagel and cream cheese, and rushed out the front door, eating the food, while I walked her to her first grade class. 

 

Once I made sure she was with her teacher, I ran across the street, ignoring that the cross-walk sign wasn't blinking, but no cars seemed to be around.

 

Just as I was almost the other end, a car honked, and I dropped the bagel in shock. Glancing over, my heart racing still from the sudden noise, I saw Myungsoo in a silver sports car, smiling, and waving.

 

He looked handsome in a navy vest, and a white polo, his dark hair, perfectly coifed, as he practically beamed at me, which was startling all on its own. I blankly looked at him. 

 

"HaeRi!" He said, much to my embarassment, as my classmates at the busstop were looking over at the commotion. His face fell when he saw I had dropped my bagel.

 

"Sorry! Here" He said, and gestured for me to take a wrapped pastry which he grabbed from a box on the seat beside him.

 

Flushing slightly, I shook my head at first, but then took it from him, muttering a quick "thanks" and then running to the bus stop.

 

When I got there, everyone was eyeing me suspiciously.

 

"HaeRi, who was that?" My friend Lina asked, looking at Myungsoo appreciatevly as the light turned green and he drove off down the street to Duksoo.

 

I shook my head. "Nobody. Nobody at all." I told her, as we boarded the bus.

 

Sitting in the back at our usual spot, the bus was fairly empty. Most of the students at Anyang either drove to school, or were driven. The small group of about 8 of us, were mostly scholarship students, who were of the lower-middle class, none of the rich kids ever rode the bus with us.

 

Lina still looked suspicious. "Seriously. He was cute!" She gushed, and I sighed.

 

"Well, he doesn't go to school with us obviously. He goes to Duksoo." I explained, fiddling with the straps on my backpack, not making eye contact with her.

 

"Duksoo? How do you know him?" She asked, still eager to hear about him.

 

I frowned. "I don't. He knows me apparently. I was at my appa's birthday lunch yesterday, and he works there, and he said he recognized me from Anyang." I hesitantly explained to her, and looked back at her, to see her smiling oddly.

 

"What?" I said, scooting away from her a bit.

 

She scooted closer again.

 

"He noticed you! Omo. So why the cold shoulder?" She asked, confused.

 

I shook my head. "He's one of those rich guys Lina. You know how they are. Especially at are school. He's probably just like Siwan sunbae, and the others." I explained to her.

 

She looked a bit crest fallen at this. "But, you don't know that. He seems nice. He gave you bread when you dropped your bagel." She pointed out, thoughtfully.

 

I stared at her. "Were all of you just watching the whole scene or what?" I asked, in disbelief.

 

She shrugged. "He was loud." She explained defensively.

 

Rubbing my temples, I said nothing more about this, turning to the side window to stare outside, as we passed the buildings towards school.

 

I still held the pastry, wrapped in cellophane in my hands, knowing it was from one of those fancy boulangeries.

 

Who is this Myungsoo guy? I wondered, leaning my head against the window, as the bus rolled ahead.