A Chance

Through His Eyes~HIATUS

 

 

       Walking slowly towards homeroom, I felt the bile rising up in my throat. One of the popular upperclassman, Nam WooHyun, was practically the face off of another girl, in the middle of the locker corridors, and it was enough to make my breakfast come back up.

 

Just to clarify, I didn't like him. Not one bit. He was arrogant, rude, extremely wealthy, lazy, and only cared about showing off his wealth, and how much girls he could bang.

 

Quickly averting my eyes, I increased my pace towards homeroom, yet I wasn't so fortunate. Just as I was right about to enter, a voice called out from behind me.

 

"Yo HaeRi! Still keeping things under wraps I see? I like that" WooHyun said, and I could only imagine the smirk on his face.

 

I didn't turn around. "Oppaa what the hell? You're here with me remember?" The girl whined.

 

"I know baby I know. I'm only playing." He said, and I heard them face again.

 

Shuddering, I launched myself into my homeroom class, almost knocking into the desk in front of me. People laughed at this, and I made my way to my seat as Teacher Shin walked in.

 

~

"Take out your books and turn to page 135." She announced as everyone shuffled beneath their desks to get their books. After flipping the pages, they all turned to the chapter on dream interpretation.

Glancing out the window I tried to keep my focus on the lesson at hand, but Myungsoo's face kept appearing.

 

His actions were questionable yet they seemed sincere. If that made any sense at all.

 

By the time I got through the next 5 periods and school was over, I hurriedly scrambled home.

 

On the way there, I heard a familiar car honk, and sure enough Myungsoo was cruising down the street.

 

"Need a lift?" He asked. 

 

I quickly shook my head. He slowed down his speed so he was at the same walking pace that I was.

 

"Um I mean, no thanks. We barely know each other. but thanks for the bread." I told him lamely.

 

He smiled, nodding. "How far is your house?" He asked.

 

"Just a few blocks" I said easily.

 

He nodded again. "Are you going to the Anyang Duksoo collaborative dance?" He asked.

 

I shook my head again. "Not really into those things. How about you?" I asked, still noticing how silly it looked for him to drive like that.

 

He shook his head. "Actually I will take that ride" I said, changing my mind. He stopped the car and I hopped into the passenger seat, the smell of leather filling my nostrils.

 

"just head down this way and then make a left when you pass pine street." I told him.

 

He nodded as he drove. 

 

I thought it wouldn't hurt to take the ride. It was only a fifteen minute drive anyway. Plus i knew what to do if he tried anything funny.

 

Soon he arrived at my house and I thanked him for the ride, waving bye as he circled out of the neighborhood.

 

Walking through my house I climbed up the stairs and punched his number into my contacts list.

 

I waited a full half hour before texting him.

 

To: Myungsoo

Fr: (555)423-1456

It's me HaeRi. Thanks again for the ride. :)

 

~

 

I went on with my schedule, greeting my little sister as she got dropped off from her school bus, helped her with homework, ate dinner with my family, showered, did  my own homework, and then got ready for bed.

 

When I checked my phone I hadn't realized he'd replied hours ago.

 

To: HaeRi

Fr: Myungsoo

No problem. See you tomorrow maybe :)

 

~

Trying not to smile, but failing, I got ready for bed, letting sleep take over me.

 

WooHyun was incredibly slick and gross on a daily basis, but maybe I could be friends with Myungsoo. Maybe.