Five: Healing Days

What a Bitter-Sweet World

"Fail 3 times, cry 6 times, win 5 times, I’ve done everything
Always behind you, I go with you, no reason to lower my head anymore

Face the mirror, scream a few times, get determined, ready to begin
The more impatient, the more you forget, so just breath in, jog slowly
 Like the sun,everyday rising from the east"
3.6.5- EXO (Chinese Version)


Narrator’s POV

Sundays are healing days.

Mieun chose not to work on Sundays so that she could keep her mind off the trivial parts of life at least for a little while.

After buying the album yesterday she realized that she didn’t own a CD player.  

 

‘You’re a genius Mieun,’ she thought to herself.

 

Thank goodness it was Sunday.

 

With the album in her bag she made my way to her favorite place in Yongsan after the Han River…

 

The DoReMi Music Shop.

 

After a 15 minute walk Mieun grips the knob on the door and twists it with a push. The creaking of the door was soon replaced by the sound of a piano.

 

“Haein-unni…are you here?” Mieun calls out for the owner of the store. The piano playing stops, and a petite woman, in her late 20s with brown hair and a pixie cut, steps out of the back room with a smile.

 

“Annyeong Mieun-ah! I haven’t seen you in a while!” Haein waved as she settled herself behind the counter, in front of Mieun.

 

“Sorry…I was working last week because a co-worker got sick,” Mieun apologized. Haein just waved it off and smiled.

 

“Don’t worry about it. So what cha’ here for today? Piano? Guitar? You haven’t played in a while!” Haein wondered as she kept asking Mieun questions.

Haein is the owner of the music shop Mieun was currently in. It wasn’t a big store, but it was really cozy and being there just heals the soul. She is an extremely optimistic and happy woman, which throws Mieun off sometimes but she’s gotten used to it.

After stumbling upon this shop her freshmen year of high school she would come here to listen to music or learn from Haein every Sunday in trade that Mieun helped out at the shop once in a while.

She was taught by Haein how to read notes, and play the guitar/piano. On her own time Mieun would often go to the library to learn more about composing, music eventually became more than an interest.

 

“I was wondering…can I use the shop’s CD player?” Mieun hesitantly asked, fiddling with her messenger bag, which had the album inside.

 

Haein noticed Mieun’s hesitation, “Sooo, what are you going to listen to?”

 

Mieun bit her lip, she didn’t know why she felt embarrassed to tell her but she did, “An album I bought yesterday.”

 

“An album? Ah that’s nothing to be embarrassed about. You always listen to the ones in the shop so it’s not weird you finally bought one! I’ll go get the boom box,” Haein assured her.

Haein left for a quick minute and reappeared with a small blue boom box.

 

“Here you go,” she places it in front of her on the counter.

Mieun thanks her and pulls out the album from her bag as she seats herself on a stool next to Haein.

 

“Oh my! It’s EXO’s album!” Haein exclaims with wide eyes. She stares at me before my cheeks flush red and I look away.

 

“When did you start listening to pop?” she eyes me with a questioning gaze.

 

“WILL. After I play this album I guess?” Mieun carefully removes the plastic protection on the album and stares at it before flipping through the book-like packaging. Haein was quietly looking over her shoulder.

 

The album consisted of photos taken of the EXO members, just like a yearbook, but every face was unfamiliar to her besides one. Mieun scrunched eyebrows as she noticed something stuck in between the pages.

 

“Hey it’s the photo card! Who’d you get Mieun-ah? Trade me if it’s Luhan!” Haein moved herself to the side to get a better look.

 

Mieun stared at the face on the card, and flipped it over.

 

The boy on the card was an unfamiliar face so she read the info listed on the side like an ID card.

 

“Chanyeol?” she read out loud.

 

“So you got the Happy Virus?” Haein commented.

 

“Happy Virus?”

 

“Yup that’s his nickname because he smiles a lot!” Haein explains.

 

“You seem like you really like EXO.”

 

“Omo, does it show? Don’t tell my husband aha. He’ll throw a fit again,” Haein holds onto her face with a surprised look.

 

“Only this once unnie,” Mieun promises with a small smile as she removes the CD and places it into the player.

 

She presses play and their title track “Wolf” starts playing.

“I don’t really get this song.”

 

“But it’s catchy right?” Haein enthusiastically throws out.

Mieun nods her head, “Yeah…”

 

“I’m a wolf!

You’re a beauty!

That’s right, I’m a wolf! Awoooo~” Haein sings along as she tries to imitate EXO’s dance.

 

Mieun chuckles at her silliness, “You’re weird unnie.”

 

“Yeah but I still attract men right?” Haein winks and holds up her wedding ring as proof.

 

The two sat in the shop, which isn’t busy on Sundays, and listened to the rest of the songs.

As the last song on the CD finishes Haein immediately turns to Mieun.

 

“So…which song is your favorite?”

 

Mieun contemplates for a while.

 

“Most of them were in Chinese…so I didn’t understand a thing.”

 

“Well, I can let you borrow the Kiss version next time! But which one sounds the best to you?”

 

She thinks and one song appealed to Mieun the most, because his voice was so prominent even if she didn’t understand a word he said.

 

 “My Lady…” Mieun whispers.

 

Haein beams into her fan girling mode,“OHHHH, I love that song! But there isn’t really a song I don’t love…Eh, any ways you made a good choice! Luhan’s voice is so soothing and strong!”

 

And Jongdae’s,’ Mieun mentally adds on.

 

“Unnie…do you still have my guitar?”

 

Haein nods, “Yup it’s in the usual place! I’m going to put this CD on repeat okay?”

 

“Kay. I’m going to get my guitar” Mieun stretches her legs and makes her way to the back of the store.

 

The store’s door chimes and Haein looks up with a smile.

 

“Welcome to the DoReMi Music Shop!”

 


A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't updated for a while! Somethings happened and one of them being the fact that I really had to think of how I wanted to write the whole story. I had an idea planned out before but it didn't seem to portray what I wanted to so I edited the future plot! :) I hope everyone's having a great summer, and I'll do my best to update faster! Love you all and please subscribe for updates!