The Story of How I Fell in Love

I Can Be Your Man

“So,” I said as I layed out next to L.joe on the practice room’s floor. “You and Chunji seem to be pretty friendly.” “I, I have no clue what you’re talking about…” his face had reddened and I could see his lips twitching. “Come on L.joe, What’s up?” He finally looked me straight on, and sighed. “How’d you know?” he whispered shyly. “You didn’t fight back at Chunji’s little attacks during practice; I’m surprised Chunji didn’t take advantage of the situation himself…” “Yah! We’re not talking about that, are we? If you want to know what’s up, then stop implying that I’m just as whipped as you, and shut up! Honestly, and were not even dating!” He rose up on his elbows, and began talking. “It all really started to happen a couple weeks ago, when we were on tour…”

                                                                                L.joe’s P.O.V-FLASHBACK

“Hey Hyung you know your door is un-“

“I want you.”

“-Locked…”

I didn’t just hear that, Nope I couldn’t have. Minsoo and Niel? I mean, Niel practically worships the ground Minsoo walks on when he’s not there to hear it, but Minsoo has never let on to having feelings for Niel. This is seriously going to make everyone explode, especially Chunji. Hopefully this news will get Chunji’s attention and he’ll leave me alone for a while. Oh My God, Chunji! I’ve got to tell Chunji! Not bothering to close Niel and Minsoo’s door, I sprinted down the hallway, singing all the way. “Chunji! I’ve got something to tell you!” I don’t care if the whole hotel floor wakes up; Chunji’s going to fan-girl like crazy when he hears this!

“Chunji, guess wha-mhph!” Chunji had chucked a pillow at my face the moment I had entered the room. “Shut up, it’s late.” He slurred from his spot in our messy bed. “But Chunji-ah, it’s important.” I whined as I jumped onto the bed. My stomach hit the mattress and I received another whack from Chunji’s pillow. “It’s late, I’m tired, end of discussion.” He dug himself as deep as possible into the mattress and resumed sleeping. “Oh, come on now. Chunji, it’s about Niel and Minsoo…” He sprung up from the bed at this, and whipped around to face me and gripped the collar on my sweatshirt. “What, what happened you have to tell me everything, EV-ER-Y-THING!” He was bouncing on the bed now, but he hadn’t released his strangely strong grip on me yet. “Chunji-ah, I won’t tell you if you keep acting like a teenage girl.” I rolled my eyes at his adorable face, as he pouted at my comment. “I’m your Hyung.” he whined as he sat down next to me, “Why don’t you treat me like it?” he wrapped his slim arms around my waist and gave me the biggest puppy dog eyes I’ve seen from him yet. “How can I treat you like an older man if you keep giving such a cute little face?” I teased at him. “Meh.” Was all he mumbled back before laying down on my lap. “Now, tell me!” he tugged on the hem of my shirt cutely. I mean in a brotherly kind of cute, I don’t think of him like that. Do I? No, I don’t. Well, he IS cute...

“Okay, calm down. I went over to their room, and Minsoo told Niel, he ‘wanted’ him.” I rushed out my sentence like a thirteen year old girl talking about my crush. Chunji squealed in response, “Like, He wanted-wanted him? Or he just wanted?” “Does it matter? They both lead to the same thing!” I cried back. We were way too invested in our girl fest to notice how late it was, and by the time we had gotten rid of our girly emotions, it was already 2:00 A.M. “Chanhee, I’m Sleepy…” I muttered into his shoulder. He my hair softly as he sighed in reply. “I know, we shouldn’t have stayed up so late. Wait did you just call me Chanhee? When did that start?” “When I got tired enough to not care.” I stated as I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him down on the bed with me. “Now let’s sleep Chanhee, please?” I whined and he only softly chuckled. Why was I acting this way, I’m L.Joe the mischievous rapper, the one to steal all the girl hearts with my quiet and toughly adorable ways. So, why was I acting so childishly towards Chan- I mean Chunji?

                                                                            Back to present; Minsoo’s P.O.V

“Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. Hold on there buddy. The mischievous rapper who steals hundreds of girl’s hearts? A little into ourselves here, aren’t we?” I tapped his temple playfully after stating the obvious. “Well it’s true…” Was all he could say. I pulled him into a weak headlock and laughed at his panicking actions, like a beetle stuck on its back, how cute. “Minsoo let the poor boy go,” Niel teased as he came up behind me and slid his thin arms around my waist. He kissed my cheek lightly, and I replied to the gesture by pulling him forward into my lap. “Nielie, guess what,” I mused as I smiled at his blushing face. “Hmm?” He mumbled back, his eyes only focusing on me. “We brought L.joe and Chunji together.” I laughed as he suddenly bolted upright and shrieked like a little girl. “Chugha haeyo! Oh, you two are just too cute!” he slung his arms around L.joe in a girly embrace. “Niel, we’re not together!” he gasped, trying to pry Niel off of his shoulders. “Wae?” he whined after seating himself back in my lap. “Well I was trying to tell Minsoo about it, but you interrupted. If you’d let me finish you’d find out why that darn stubborn boy and I aren’t dating, Sadly…” “Awe so you do like him!” Niel sighed sweetly at his small confession. “Niel.” He warned, and Niel sunk deeper into my chest, pouting silently as the story continued.

                                                                                           L.Joe’s P.O.V; FLASHBACK

I couldn’t sleep, there was no way I could fall asleep while Chunji was cuddling me like this. He had fallen asleep as soon as our sore and tired bodies had hit the mattress, and he had unconsciously thrown his limbs over me, his arms wrapped around my neck and one of his legs thrown around my waist, pulling me closer with every fidgeting movement he made. My breathing was uneven and my body was covered in goose bumps. Every sense was on fire as he softly mumbled in his sleep. It had been two hours now, and my eyes were finally giving into exhaustion, but Chunji’s sudden jolts toward me kept me up. I needed sleep, we would be performing later that morning and I only had a few hours left to get in the needed rest. “Chunji, Chunji-ah…” He didn’t budge at my incessant whispers. “Hyung!” I called out finally. He jumped up from his place, but do to the fact that we had been wrapped around each other earlier, he had pulled our heads straight together. Clashing against Chunji, our lips met. Only for a millisecond were we kissing, but it was enough for me to take in the softness of his lips, and the slight taste of cherries lingering on him. But of course he pulled away. He pressed his hand against his lips and his blush was obvious. “Uhm, uh…” he stuttered for the right words, but I cut him off.

“Sorry I woke you up, I haven’t fallen asleep yet.” He frowned at this, and as his brow furrowed slightly, I had to giggle. He just didn’t look right trying to be serious. “Why not?” He finally questioned after a few minutes of silence. “Be-because, we were just, uh, kind of close. A-and I couldn’t sleep with such a pretty face so close to me I guess.” I finished, smiling at his reddening face. “Oh, uh sorry!” He covered his face and slid deep into the covers of our bed. I could only smirk at the action and lay down next to him. I pulled him into a soft embrace, breathing in his scent and thinking about the perfection that was this moment. “The only problem is, I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep at all now after that kiss, Chanhee.” I felt him wiggle a little in the hug, and I released him and turned around. I was finally content and able to sleep peacefully, knowing that I had figured out my feeling towards the adorable little gummy bear that I knew as Chunji. As I fell asleep, the final feeling was of Chunji snuggling into my back, seeming content for now too.

                                                                              Back to Present; Minsoo’s P.O.V

“So what happened in the morning?” Niel asked, his interest clearly showing. I nodded in agreement, though I didn’t want it to show, I was just as emotionally invested in the story as Niel was by now. He shrugged, “Nothing.” Was all he said, is eyes showed as much disappointment as ours did. “What do you mean Nothing?!?!” Niel yelped out, surprising all of us. He grabbed L.joe’s collar, and tugged lightly. “I mean nothing! Okay, by the time we woke up there was no time to talk about what happened, and he seemed to always avoid the topic. We took two steps forward, and about one thousand steps back, you know?” I nodded, understanding his pain. “L.joe! Let’s go over the last part one more time, okay?” Chunji sang as he joined our group. “But that was the part you ‘Changed’ Hyung.” Was his monotone reply. “Exactly.” Was Chunji’s rebuttal as he winked and strutted back into the other room. I swear sometimes he’s just like a little diva, strutting and stuff, how he turned out being a boy I don’t even know. L.joe sighed and rose from his spot on the floor. “Go get your man!” cheered Niel as he disappeared behind the door. I honestly was worried, no matter how girly Chunji was; he could still be a little vixen when it came to guys. The moment he slipped his pale little arms around you, you were as whipped as it got. Although, L.joe could be pretty bad too, saying one thing, then doing the other, Teasing his partner like crazy. Either way, They were in for one heck of a relationship.