Jealousy?

Found

 

 

                It’s been a week since Nana discharged from hospital. She was sitting in a famous restaurant with Kris and his business partner. The wives looked happily chatting except Nana, her mind flied somewhere not so far from there. About two days ago, her brother, Seulong called. He informed her that he needed money, again. Nana sighed, made her husband glanced at her and noted his mind to ask her later.

                They were inside the car, on their way home when Kris decided to ask her why she’s spacing and sighing a lot lately. “hey, Nana...”, he called.

                She tilted her head, “hmm?”.

                “what’s wrong with you? you look burdened.”, he said while focusing on the road.

                Nana was silent for a while. She thought about should or should not tell Kris that she needed some cash for her brother, but she decided to keep it by herself. “if you’re now playing as a good husband, the answer is... I’m just tired, honey.” She smiled tiredly and sighed.

                “you know what? I’m indeed a good husband and you can always count on me.” He said in a serious tone.

                “since when you care about me?” Nana seemed surprised.

                “I just don’t want you to cause a trouble.” She rolled her eyes and mentally killed her husband. She thought it was the right decision to not tell him about her brother.

 


 

               Nana was cleaning her room with vacoom cleaner and accidentally bumped her dressing table. The bumping made her handbag fell and the things inside it scattered on the floor. She growled and started to pick the things, she saw a card and frowned. Nana remembered, it was when she got discharged that she got the card. She was waiting for the car to pick her up when a man approached her. He was Yoon DooJoon, her senior in university. They talked for about ten minutes until she got a call and bade her good bye to Doojoon.

                She stared at the card and thought maybe, just maybe, Doojoon would help her about her brother. He was a branch manager, it wouldn’t be too much to ask for, right? Moreover, Doojoon was her ex-boyfriend and he was so nice back then. They also broke up in a good way. He got a scholarship to France and she didn’t believe in long distance relationship back then, so they agreed to break up.

                Anxious Nana bite her lower lip nervously as she gripped the phone losely. She took a long breath before dialed the number. After some minutes she couraged herself to call DooJoon. She finally told her intention after talking for a while and the nervousness melted away. In the end, they agreed to meet up at a cafe near their campus, Nana chuckled as she remembered about her past.

                The long legged girl wore her old jeans and nice black plain black T-Shirt. She braided her black hair to the side. Kris said she looked nicer with her newly dyed hair, he even by saying she looked ier with her new hair.

                Doojoon waved his hand and beamed at Nana. It was so nostalgic, she felt like she was driven back to the past time. She met up with Doojoon in between classes just to catch up each other’s state. Nana was blonde back then, she was popular. She would come to Doojoon and his merely presence was enough to brighten her day and made her forget about the bad things happened before. For Doojoon, Nana was the cutest girl he ever met. She was whinny and straightforward, but had a big heart inside her skinny, model-like, figure.

                She sat in front of him and grinned. “It’s been a long time.” Nana said, more to herself than to him. “yes, very very long. Five years, is it?”, he replied.

                Nana shook her head, “no, it’s six.”. he chuckled. She pouted cutely as she hit his arm lightly.

                They called the waiter and ordered their cups of favorite latte, as usual, nana asked for extra milk and it made Doojoon giggled in a manly way. “why are you laughing?”, she asked, pretended to be mad.

                “because you never change, miss. Im.” He said between laughter.

                “it’s no longer miss. Im.”, she mumbled. Doojoon seemed taken aback. “I’m married.”, she smiled biterly.

                “are you happy?”, he looked her in the eyes but she faced away.

                “I guess so.” She faked a smile and reassured him that she’s fine.

                It wasn’t a surprised if none of her friends knew about her marrital status. There was no ceremony, she even doubted her relatives knew that she’s now a married woman. That day they decided to let Seulong worked for Doojoon and he could borrow money from Doojoon. Nana was grateful for that. She thanked him and asked if she could do anything to pay his kindness, but he just shrugged and said, “it was nothing, but I would be glad if you can accompany me having lunch next time.” Nana laughed and nodded. She didn’t mind having Doojoon at lunch as a companion. Kris was busy anyway.

 


 

               Kris came home earlier that day because he was worried of Nana’s condition, but to his disappointment, his wife wasn’t there. Nana was clueless about the condition, she went straight to a beauty salon after the meet up and went home a bit late for dinner. He was furious and scolded her when she reached home.

               “where have you been, huh?!”, he scolded her.

               The wife was startled and frowned, “oh, Jesus Christ! I even haven’t taken off my shoes!”

               “why are you wearing ugly jeans and sneakers like that? And you said you’re a devoted wife! You even weren’t home when your husband came home!” he folded his arms in front of his chest.

               “first, it’s my right to wear whatever I wanna wear. Second, I never said I’m so willing to be your wife!”, she yelled.

               “but now you are the wife of Kris Wu! You have to dress properly and behave well!” he yelled back at her.

               Nana walked away and went straight to her room, “whatever!” she slammed her door.

               He was speechless then proceeded himself to his own bedroom. The newlywed couple skipped their dinner that night. Kris couldn’t sleep because he wondered about where his wife been and whom she hang out with.

               On the other side, Nana cried because she missed her freedom, she missed being an ordinary girl, she missed wearing her worn out sneakers and old jeans. She missed to eat a whole cake, no diet, because being a Wu’s wife means being perfect. No extra fat allowed. She missed walking casually inside her own house with only underpants on. She missed do nothing all day and just lay down on her matress. She missed walking by herself, nothing to be worried about, no-one would complain.

               She really missed acting silly, laughing loudly, dancing around in her underwear, coming home when the neighborhoods were about to begin their routine, and sleeping until 4 in the evening. She missed going to karaoke with her friends, singing way off key, or just simply do anything she wanted to do. No worries, no pressures, no hair spray, no killing high heels, no escorts, no manners, no nursemaids, no hands folded perfectly, like holding a lily. No people who thought they knew her but actually didn't.

               The life of a Wu’s wife was well-defined. She must humbly serve the people, laugh elegantly at their dry jokes, smile beautifully no matter how upset she’s, and follow her husband’s instruction. She had to play the parts she’s been assigned. She wore expensive dresses, glamourous jewellery. Branded napkins and gold spoons were ready to be used. Who could ever ask for more? But that wasn’t what she dreamed for. She couldn’t speak for herself because people were judging and she just couldn’t voice out. More importantly, she really couldn’t dream to be like other girls. Marry a nice guy she met, who loves her for her.

               She wanted turn back the time and live there forever, to dream and never wake up. To be her old self, to be her true self she always been and she ever wanted to be.

 


 

                Nana woke up with swollen eyes. She called Doojoon before she fell asleep and he said he would pick her out at lunch. She took a long bathe then slipped her body in her grey t-shirt and black leather skinny pants, she took her black leather jacket, match with her pants. People might mistaken her as a gangster’s girlfriend but she couldn’t give a damn.

                Doojoon took her to a mall. He knew Nana loved shopping and he wished for her to smile, if it’s not for him at least she smiled for the shoes and cute dresses. He also knew that the smile wouldn’t last long, but again, at least for today, at least when she’s with him.

                They were eating pizza happily when suddenly Nana’s left arm was grabbed harshly. She was about to yell when she saw Kris’ face. Doojoon looked at Nana, signaling her if she’s okay. She just looked back apologetically. He sighed and nodded.

                “you should treat your wife good.”, he said before left.

                Kris glared at her. “so, this is why you always come home late?”

                “always come home late? I never go outside the house except yesterday! It’s you who always come home late, Mr. Busy!”

                He gritted his teeth, “let’s talk when we reach home.”

                Nana glared at him. She’s tired of all the rules. Yes, they’re married but did he ever love her once? Did he ever think about her even for just once? Did he care?

                She was thrown to the couch once they arrived home. “ouch!”, she groaned.

                “look! You can’t cheat on me! You are Mrs. Wu now!”, he scolded her.

                “yes, I am Mrs. Wu. I cooked Mr. Wu breakfast and dinner but he never touch it for even once. I only meet my own husband once a day just to greet a good morning and he would reply “I gotta go”. He doesn’t even reply my greetings, let alone eat breakfast with me.”, she couldn’t hold her tears anymore and started to cry. “I couldn’t go outside without permission. I couldn’t have a puppy because we live in a freaking apartment. I am lonely, Kris!”

                “you could have told me instead of seeing other guy, just because you’re lonely!”

                “I see Doojoon for seeking help, Kris! Not because I’m lonely. I need money for my foolish brother. Doojoon offered me money and a job for my oppa.” She wiped her unstopping tears.

                “money? It’s easy for me! Why don’t you ask for my help?”

                “I don’t wanna cause you more trouble. I’m tired of arguing with you, getting scolded. I’m afraid you would get mad at me more than you already are.”

                “I’m your husband, Nana. I told you that you can always count on me.” He lowered his voice as he her hair.

                “I’m sorry...” she said softly.

                He hugged her, “I don’t like seeing you with other guy. From now on I will eat breakfast and dinner with you, I will eat everything you cook. You also can come to my office at lunch break, I will accompany you having lunch if I don’t have important meeting to attend.”

                Nana didn’t care if he lied but at least he tried to be nice. She knew Kris didn’t love him, not that she loved him anyway. But she believed that that was the start of their so called relationship. She nodded weakly and let her husband hold her. “I will take a day off this weekend since it’s your birthday.”, he added.

                “really?” she blinked excitedly and let the hug go. He chuckled at her antics.

                “yes, ma’am. We will have a trip to Jeju island.” He winked playfully.

                “kyaaaa! I love you, Kris!” she pecked his cheek brieftly and walked happily to her room. He smiled seeing her cute behaviour. He hoped to see her cheery side more often.

                In the evening they ate dinner together, for the very first time. They enjoyed each other's presence. Afterall, eating together was so much better than eating alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating this fic as scheduled >< I know this story is boring and realy have a slow flow... but I want them to take it slow, to be as close as possible with reality :p

you may give me a constructive comment, I will try to do better :)