The Begining of "Us"

Found

                The chirp sound of birds tickled Nana’s ear. She averted her gaze to the left side to avoid the sun rays that shined through the white thin curtain as she fluttered her eyes open. Disinfectnat scent was so strong till Nana scrunched her nose in annoyance. The scene of the night before flashed in nana’s mind, she recalled how those filthy hands touched her skin ever so aggressively rough. She gasped and began to panic out of blue. Her lips quivered and her body was shaking. A pair of strong arms hugged her tight and she could feel her hair was being gently. “ssshh... you are safe, Nana.” A soft whisper came to her right ear.

                Nana never knew that the debt collectors would become too much of doings. She was going to go home from Wu mansion but then got caught and dragged to a dark alley. They slapped her, pulled her hair, and almost her. She didn’t cry but it didn’t mean she was fine and everything was okay. Nana wanted to just die. She remembered that Wu guy came just in time to save her and she was really thankful. If he wasn’t there, perhaps Nana would bite her tongue to commit suicide.

                “stop thinking of last night incident, Miss Im.”, he let go of his hold and stared at Nana. A humming was the only answer he got. “have you thought over again about marrying me?”, he asked to the point.

                Nana nodded her head slowly before saying, “I will marry you.” Nana hated to admit that he was right, she would be safer if she’s with him. Nana hated to think that she depended her life for a man, it hurted her pride as a feminist.

                “sign this paper then.” He said coldly. Nana thought he’s having a bipolar syndrome or maybe he’s just a hypocrite.

                “I don’t bring my stamp with me. Can you wait till I reach home and get it for this?” Nana furrowed her eyebrows as she replied with the same attitude.

                “I am busy, I need to go somewhere now. I have 3 meetings for today’s schedule. Let me get the papers done in the evening. I will pick you up from your house. You better get your things packed.”

                “what?”

                He raised his left eyebrow, “what?”

                Nana mentally facepalmed because she got a dumb and stiff and boring husband to spend the rest of her life. She took a deep breath and glared at the guy. “why should I pack my things?”

                “first, because it’s not safe for you to still live there. The debt collectors might come in any time. Second, because by the time I pick you up, I want the marriage form done and it has two meanings. We are married already and you’re my wife by the law.” He said monotonously.

                “and?” Nana folded her arms in front of her chest. “we’re married by laws but it doesn’t mean that I have to live with you! You don’t love me, you don’t even know me for Christ’s sake!” she flailed her arms.

                “I know you. Your name is Im Jin A, you’re 22 years old. You have a dog named Komu. You also have a brother named Seulong. You worked at...”

                “that’s what you get on a portfolio!” Nana cut his speech.

                “and if this could make you move in with me, I love you.”

                gaped as she blinked, “ you!” she cursed at him.

                “you are welcome. Now please excuse me.” He left her alone and gave her a cyinical smirk for the last time before he closed the door.

 

                “beep... beep... beep... Hello?”

                “hey, dude! Thanks for the help.” Kris gripped his cellular phone with his left hand.

                “yeah, but why did you ruin my chauffeur’s face and broke my bodyguard’s rib?”, complained the guy on the other line.

                “because I didn’t ask them to really TOUCH her, idiot!”

                “whatever, I don’t care anyway.” That guy laughed by himself and made Kris had a deep sigh.

                “listen, Chanyeol! I need to go now.”

                “okay! but you have to remember that you owe me one!”

                “I know. See ya later!” he turned off the call, didn’t bother to hear his friend reply. Very typical. Like a boss.

 

                That day Nana got hundreds missed calls from Lizzy and Uie but her mood was too bad to talk to anyone. She did what she was told and finished packing her things sooner than she expected. She didn’t own many things anyway. She sighed and decided to call Lizzy. She told her that she wasn’t feeling well. Yeah, Nana couldn’t tell the whole actual story and partially lied about what happened. She didn’t want her bestfriend to be worried. Well, at least it wasn’t a lie when she said she wasn’t feeling good.

                Kris picked her up at 9.00 PM. They bought burgers for dinner. Nana hated junkfood cause junk is a junk no matter what and she didn’t eat junk. She got her own room in Kris’ apartment. There was also a bathroom inside her bedroom so she had nothing to be worried about. Kris had a simple and clean kitchen, Nana loved it. There were a table and four chairs near the kitchen but except the kitchen, the other part of his house was a mess. The magazines scatered around the couch and small table in the livingroom. She even could find dirty clothes on the floor.

                “you don’t have to clean it. There is an old lady who comes every morning to clean these up. Anyway, I only have one rule. Never come into my room and touch what’s inside.” He said as he walked into his room and closed the door. Nana dragged her lugage and put her stuffs neatly in her room. She fell asleep immediately.

 

                The brown haired girl woke up and found out that Kris already left the house. She greeted the old lady and off to her office directly. Lizzy and Uee hugged her tight once she stepped into their department.

                “girls, I’m fine! Don’t exaggerate things up!” she chuckled.

                “we missed you and we’re worried!”, said Uie.

                “hey, you! Get back to your work! Especially you, Uie!”, scolded their boss. Lizzy pursed her lips and stomped her feet cutely.

                Lizzy sat beside Nana and whispered, “hey, Nana...”.

                The older girl tilted her head and hummed, “hmm...”

                “yah! I have a gossip!” she whined.

                “what is it?, Liz?” she flipped her long hair.

                “our CEO got a wife!”, she said excitedly.

                Nana couldn’t find the important thing of the information and rolled her eyes, “so?”

                “aren’t you going to be broken hearted? Everybody here is broken heart, you know!”

                “I don’t even know his face and name, Lizzy. Why should I be upset over a total stranger?”

                “JINJJA??? You don’t know him? He is the most handsome and charismatic guy on earth, Nana!”

                “and I don’t fall for looks.”, she shrugged.

                “girls! Our boss is coming! Tidy up! It’s an inspection!” suddenly Uie appeared and warned her.

                “you mean that bald haired and stuffy tummy man?” Lizzy asked.

                “No, it’s our prince!”

                Nana mentally asked ‘who the hell is our prince?’.

                They were called to make a line along with their co-workers. Since Uie was the manager, she stood at the front and got inspected first. Nana could see a beautiful girl standing beside the unseen man due to the long line. She could tell that the person was a man just because of his short blond hair.

                “that girl is his secretary, her name is Jooyeon.” Lizzy informed.

                Nana was taken a back when she was called by Jooyeon. She stood in front of Jooyeon and got a clear view of the blonde guy who was previously unseen. Her jaw already dropped onto the floor if she was an anime character. So, the “prince” was actually her new found husband. Faith must be playing a game on her or maybe this was a not so funny prank made by Lizzy.

                “Im Jin A! Come to my office.”, He said in a professional tone. Everybody gasped and Jooyeon smirked. Kris walked off first, Nana and Jooyeon tailed behind him leaving the others dumbfounded and wondering why on earth an ordinary employee was called. Nana wasn’t the employee of the month but she was not that bad too.

 

                Jooyeon tried her best to not laugh seeing the awkward atmosphere. She stood beside the sitting Kris and Nana stood awkwardly by the door.

                “please have a seat, Miss Im or do you prefer me calling you Mrs. Wu? By the way, I have registered our marriage form.”, said the long legged guy.

                Nana blew her bangs and sat in front of him across the table. “what do you want, sir?”

                “I want you to quit your job.”, he said straightforwardly. Jooyeon chuckled.

                “pardon me?” Nana widened her eyes.

                “I can’t let my beloved wife work here as my submissive. Besides, you need to take language and manner course. You need to be a respectful wife of a Wu.”

                “no way! I need to pay my oppa’s debt!”

                “I have paid it all.”

                “but I can’t stay at home like a lonely cat!”

                “can’t you cooperate just this once? Listen! You may hate me, but never disobey me! I need you to take the wife role. Let me tell you, I can’t be the heir of you don’t become my wife and this is a long life contract cause you can’t just back off and ruin my plan. You can’t see other guy because people will set their eyes on you. You need to learn some languages because I will bring you around in every formal party. You also have to learn how to behave. Do you get it?”

                “can you ask me nicely? I am not a doll. Yes, you bought me by those money you have but it doesn’t make me your property.” She stood up and walked away but stopped once she reached the door. She turned her body, “if you want me to quit this job, you can fire me.” She then opened the door and banged it close. Her eyes were watery.

 

                Kris was doomed. He couldn’t find Nana at their shared apartment. She wasn’t at the club either. He asked Eyoung if she came but the answer was a negative. He kept searching for his wife but Nana was no where to be found. He called Jooyeon for help but she only laughed and told him that it was his problem, not hers. Jooyeon was never afraid of him so he didn’t bother to threat her because she knew he couldn’t fire her. They’re bestfriends.

                Nana sat on a wooden bench, looking at the pool when Kris found her. He felt so stupid for not thinking she might be on the other side of their apartment building. He panted hard and glared at her but when she looked at him with swollen eyes, his glare got soften.

                “how come you find me?”

                “are you even hiding?” he retorted. Nana chuckled dryly. “I’m sorry...”

                “what for? You’re right. I am Nana Wu now. Wu Jin A, the wife of Kris Wu or Wu Yifan, whichever you prefer.” She smiled cynically.

                “I can’t give you a proper marriage ceremony, but I will try my best to be a good husband.” He said sincerely. He knew this girl he’s talking to was different. He couldn’t just give her money and order her to wipe his shoe.

                “let’s go home...” Nana said softly.

 

 

 

 

A/N : sorry for the very late update, I was so busy hahaha ~ but I'm gonna finish this fic before I get a work ;p

to be very honest, I was tempted to make a one-shot again but I will finish this first :3 anyway, I have graduated from university hahahaha ~

the next chapter will be about Kris' family and the conflict inside. Doojoon and Jessica will appear in the next 2 chapters, I suppose ;p

 

with so much love,

Gee