5. Confusion

Afterlife's Forgiveness

Hey sorry for the wait 

o.o

I finally finished this chapter. I'll try to get the chapters coming out as quickly as I can XD

~~~~

 

Chapter 4

 

“It’s time to go!” Alexander called out standing in the middle of the living room. It was silent. “Aish these kids still sleeping?!” He muttered to himself waiting.

 

Up in the rooms, they all heard their teacher call for them from downstairs. Hoon and Kiseop who shared a room covered their heads with pillows trying to sleep more. They apparently had forgotten today was the day they’d be presented with their first mission. In the next room over where Kevin and Yumi were sharing a room Yumi stirred in her sleep rolling over falling off her bed from the teacher’s voice. Kevin woke up from the sound of something hitting to floor across the room.

 

“Ow!” She sat up holding her arm she had landed on.

 

“What’s going on?” Kevin mumbled trying to wake up.

 

“Yah! What’s the holdup!? Why are you all making me wait down here?!” Xander didn’t sound too happy.

 

Yumi woke up immediately standing up. “Hurry get ready! Teacher is down stairs!” She tried to fix her messy hair running out the room to wake the other two. “You two! Wake up, teacher is down stairs!” She stated at the doorway. They didn’t move while the pillows were still over their heads. “You guys!” She marched in.

 

“Go away, we’re trying to sleep.” Hoon complained trying to shoo her off. She grabbed the pillow above his head and began to hit both of them to wake up.

 

“I didn’t come in here to annoy you! Teacher is down stairs and he sounds mad! I’m your leader, listen to me when I say, WAKE UP!” She exclaimed.

 

“Okay Okay we’re up! Stop hitting us!” Kiseop held up his arms in defense as she swung the pillow at him one last time.

 

“I don’t understand why you two keep treating me like I’m an annoying little sister! You both picked me as a leader, start treating me like one!” She marched back into her shared room to make sure Kevin didn’t go back to sleep.

Yumi made her way down the stairs to greet Alexander quickly.

“Where is the rest of your team?” He looked down at her with crossed arms.

“They’re getting ready.” She stood still in front of him looking a bit scared.

“It was to my understanding that the women are the ones who take longer to get ready.” He teased as the other 3 were now just coming down the stairs. They stood in a row as Alexander briefed them on the details of their mission.

 

“First of all. When returning to the human world, make sure to take care of yourselves well. If you break an arm, you break an arm. If you catch a cold, you catch a cold. You’ll be living like real humans. We can’t risk people knowing you’re Angels, that’s why your wings will no longer be of use while on Earth. Things like healing quickly, enhanced vision, All the things Angels possess in ‘Powers’ if you will.. Will be temporarily unavailable. Now to be realistic, if you happen to get yourself killed, you’ll return to the Heavens like you did the first time, though you won’t be as clueless, everything should remain the same and you’d return back to this dorm. As long as you follow the mission through, you are free to live the life you didn’t get to finish, seeming you all are still quite young. I highly recommend that you leave love lives out of the question. You will return immediately once the mission is over with. To make things easier on you 4 I suggest you only stick with each other, don’t make too many friends, don’t make any relationships involving love while you’re there. You’d just set yourself up for heartbreak once you return. It’s not forbidden to have relationships seeming I’ve already said as long as you stick with the mission you are free to live the lives you didn’t get to finish, it’d just be easier and less messy if you didn’t. I just thought I’d point that out to you all so you’re not down there wondering what you can and can’t do.” Xander explained as the 4 listened carefully.

“Secondly, here are the details of your mission. Two girls seem to have gotten themselves into a messy situation with their friendship. It’s your job to help them out by getting these two to forgive each other before it’s too late and their souls turn evil with hatred towards each other. The unfortunate part about this mission is… you only have a few month's before these two die in an upcoming event in their lives. You are not allowed to prevent their deaths. Their deaths are sadly to be fated in the end anyway. Whether they’re angry with each other or not, they will be dying at the same time together. You’ve been given this mission to help these two forgive each other, so when their time comes, they’re not alone and can die in peace. The B.A.A’s purpose is to help prevent new souls from going to the B.A.D. The more souls we help, the better things will be for the Heavens.” He finished his explanation. Everyone took what their teacher had to say well, but Yumi seemed to be thinking.

“This mission...two girls in need of forgiving each other… almost sound like…”

“Were you listening?” Xander interrupted her thoughts.

“Yes I was listening.” She straightened up.

“Okay then, follow me.” He nodded. They exited their dorm and followed Alexander all the way back to the Flight Zone. A white door appeared as they got closer to the cliff.

“Waaa just like in the movies.” Hoon was amazed.

“Behind this door is the human world.” Xander explained. “Once you enter, you’ll already be in your new home. It will be the the top floor’s hall closet. Only you 4 will be able to open the path to the heavens. Anyone but you 4 will only see a normal closet so no worries there. Upon entering, there will be files on the coffee table in the living room about your identities. Be sure to study them well. Do make sure to keep the place clean for I will make random appearances to see how you all are doing.” He teased smiling. They all nodded. Everything was ready. Now they just had to enter the door. “See ya soon.” Xander waved to them after they entered. He shut the door.

 

“Okay we’re here.. We sho-” Yumi spoke turning to find only Kevin standing there. “GAH where did the other two run off to?!” She jumped annoyed. “Leader is the worst job when your followers don’t even obey you!” She marched down the hall to find them in the kitchen getting snacks. “Yah! What do you think you’re doing!?” She exclaimed.

“What does it look like. We’re hungry.” Hoon opened a bag of chips.

“Well do you think you can give me a heads up next time instead of running off by yourselves!” They sighed.

“Where else could we have run off to? Stop being so strict with us.” Kiseop shook his head.

“Must I point out that you wanted me to be leader, if you don’t like me being leader anymore someone else do it.” She face palmed as Kevin entered the kitchen.

“You two, quit giving her such a hard time.” Kevin defended her. “She didn’t want to be leader in the first place but you insisted she should. So quit your complaining about her doing her job. You two act on your own when you should be listening to our leader. We’re in the real world now and are in the process of a mission so quit the childish behaviors and treat her with some respect, don’t treat her like the annoying little girl anymore. I’m not going to stand for it any longer. I’m getting really tired of how you treat her and the situation we are in.” Kevin was really letting them have it. Yumi was surprised to hear this from him suddenly, Hoon and Kiseop were a little caught off guard as well.

“Yeah what he said, quit messing around, we have a job to do.” She spoke up agreeing with Kevin. It was silent for a moment.

“Who’s gunna make us?” Hoon finally spoke up. Kevin and Yumi just about fell over hearing how their words didn’t even reach them.

“I guess it’s just me and you pal, let’s just hope they’ll be fine on their own.” She sighed turning to leave for the living room. She was going to study her identity she had to play for the mission. Kevin was about to follow her when.

“You only said all that cuz you like her.” Kiseop smirked.

“Did not, I’m serious. You two don’t even listen to her when she’s the leader. You don’t even treat her how a leader should be treated. You two are just a pair of idiots, I don’t even understand how we got teamed up with you guys.” Kevin crossed his arms looking annoyed as ever.

“You calling us idiots, pretty boy?” Kiseop stood up ready for a fight.

“Pretty boy, look at yourself.” Kevin scoffed.

“You two are the prettiest guys I’ve ever seen.” Hoon laughed.

“Not helping.” Kiseop mumbled his way.

“Are we done here, I don’t want to waste anymore time.” Kevin raised an eyebrow.

“Why you litt-” Just then a report of papers was smacked up against his chest followed by the sound of Yumi’s voice.

“Shut up and sit down.” She pushed him back a little for him to fall back into his seat.

“Hey!” Hoon looked at her with the -Why’d you do that?- face.

“You too.” She tossed the papers at him, he caught them before they hit his face. They looked at her with the -WTF is wrong with you!- face now.

“Oh you don’t like how I just treated you?” She asked tilting her head as she handed Kevin his papers normally. “Funny how we’re suppose to be Angels and here we’re fighting in the kitchen.” She shook her head looking down at her papers. She had a list of what their papers said along with hers. What their rolls were and everything. She wasn’t in such a good mood anymore when she found out her roll. No one was going to be happy about the roles.

“Time for work. We need to discuss about the roles we’ve been given for the mission. Apparently we all know each other and have a background story to follow. Kevin, Hoon and Kiseop are best friends from childhood.” Immediately the three sighed with complaints. “Moving on. Yumi is apparently Kiseop’s girlfriend.” She said reluctantly.

“What no way!” Kiseop exclaimed.

“Yeah I don’t exactly like you either pal!” She waved her paper in the air frustrated. “We definitely need to break up pronto.” She added returning to her paper.

Once they discussed all the roles they now were discussing on the room arrangements, of course Hoon and Kiseop sticked to their previous arrangement from the heavens leaving her to share the room with Kevin again although she didn’t really care, it was better than sharing with the others. At least Kevin doesn’t fight with her and actually treats her like a leader. She wasn’t sure how much longer she could take those two treating her that way, she honestly didn’t know what she did to make them act this way towards her. Was is because they realized they didn’t want to take orders from a 19 year old girl? They had found out the decision was final when they picked her to be their leader after discussing the roles. All she knew what this was going to be a long ride.

 

***

 

Kibum gathered Eun-Mi and her team at the flight zone. The 5 could only figure why they were being gathered.

 

“The Angels have landed on earth.” Their teachers informed.

 

“So this means we’re going down too?” Eli asked.

 

“Yeah, I’ve got the details of the mission. They’re apparently suppose to save two souls from turning evil and landing into the B.A.D. Two young girls who are fighting, they’ll die soon, it’s their job to get the two to forgive each other before it’s too late.” He explained reading off from a paper. Eun-Mi thought the situation sounded familiar. “Just walk through here and everything starts.” Kibum pointed to the big black door. “You’ll be in the house across from them. Have fun messing with them.” He smiled opening the door. The 5 entered.

They walked out from the top hall closet. Kibum briefed them on what they’d do while they were there before they entered, also he’d drop by every now and then for a report on how things go. Considering they’re demons they didn’t have a list of rules to follow. They were pretty much free to do whatever they wanted.

“Wow this place is huge.” Eli looked around.

 

As everyone was exploring, Eun-Mi took notice of the house directly across the street. She looked out the window by herself looking to see if the Angles were home. She could see someone walking around in the living room. Squinting her eyes she could make out that it wasn’t Yumi but definitely one of the Angles. “What are we even suppose to do, as in to mess with them? How do we even start?” She thought curious noticing someone was looking back at her through the window of the house.

 

He was the one who jumped to save Yumi, Kevin. She backed away shutting the curtain feeling caught, letting a sigh out Eli approached her.

 

“What’cha doing?” He had noticed her backing away from the window. He went to take a look himself when she stopped him.

 

“Don’t look. One of them is at the window.” She warned him. “I’m not afraid of being caught, how would they know who we are?” He continued to look out. Kevin was still there looking. Once Eli saw him he thought he looked familiar. “Is that.. him?” He thought noticing him leave the window after he saw him.

 

They all claimed their rooms since it turned out to be a 5 bedroom house they got. They discussed what they’d do next.

 

“We need to follow them and see what they’re up to when they leave the house tomorrow.” Eun-Mi stated as they all sat on the couches.

 

“How do you suppose we follow them without looking like a group of 4 guys and a girl following them around?” Dongho pointed out.

 

“We’ll split up. Since there’s 5 of us, 3 of you will stick together while one of you and I follow a little behind.” Eun-Mi explained.

 

“So who goes with you?” AJ asked.

 

“I’ll go.” Eli volunteered with a smirk. She just rolled her eyes as his expression and continued on discussing the plan.

 

***

The next day everyone was up bright and early just so they wouldn’t miss which way the angels headed off to. Inside the Angels home…

“We were suppose to be there an hour ago!” Yumi shouted up the stairs as everyone was running around getting ready.

“Speak for yourself, you slept in too!” Kiseop complained.

“Well I’m ready to go now, what is taking you guys so long?” She rested a hand on her hip.

“Why don’t we just leave them and they can catch up when they feel like it.” Kevin mumbled walking out of the kitchen eating some chips.

“As much as I’d like to do that, chances are they won’t show up.” She sighed shaking her head.

“Okay we’re ready now jeez.” Hoon marched down the steps. Yumi turned to the door.

“Let’s do this.” She opened the door

………..

“This isn’t a movie.” Kiseop blurted out ruining the movie like feel.

“Whatever let’s just go!” She sighed marching out of the house. They all began walking down the sidewalk in the direction of their designated place to be. Over in the Demons home…

“They just left the house.” Dongho spoke up turning away from the window.

“All 4 of them?” Eun-Mi asked sitting on the couch watching some TV with Eli.

“Yeah all 4.” He nodded standing by the couch.

“Okay then, let’s get going.” She stood up straightening out her shirt before making her way to the door, both Dongho and Eli watching her with their eyes glued to her rear.

“How old are you again?” Eli smacked Dongho upside the head.

“Ah what was that for!” He complained holding the side of his head.

“16 right? Aren’t you a little too young for her?” Eli shook his head, obviously jealous for some reason that he was checking Eun-Mi out as well.

“I’m 19!” Dongho protested. “She’s my age, you’re the one who’s too old for her!” He added in a not so friendly tone.

“Am not! I’m only 21.” Just then Soohyun came between them.

“We’re suppose to leave right now, quit fighting.” He warned continuing to pass them.

“He’s right or you’re gunna get left behind.” AJ smiled walking through them as well. The two sighed and followed them out of the house.

The Angels walked down the sidewalks of town in a little group. They were headed to a DMV to get photo ID’s for their roles. You need an ID for almost everything, they’d find it suspicious for them not to have one. As they walked, it seemed as if they looked like they were in a drama scene, a little gang walking down the streets, looking all cool, slow mo at some points… but soon they just ended up looking like a couple of reluctant lazy people who just already wanted to go home.

“Couldn’t we have taken a taxi or something.” Hoon complained behind her and Kevin.

“Or the bus.” Kiseop added. Yumi sighed to herself trying not to lose it with their complaints. It was getting annoying to her, they acted so privileged.

“Hey what did you two do in your lives before the heavens?” She asked curiously.

“What do you mean?” They sounded confused.

“Why do you both complain so much?” Kevin joined in.

“You apparently must have had a nice life, were you two spoiled rich kids or something?” She took a guess.

“No,” Hoon replied almost immediately since it wasn’t true where as Kiseop seemed to hesitate.

“No..” He finally answered.

“You were.” She shook her head. “No wonder.” She looked back at him annoyed.

“That’s just a stereotype!” He complained.

“So what did you do in your life to be so annoying and demanding?” Hoon asked.

“Okay first of all the demanding part is only because she was giving you orders cuz she’s our leader, get it right.” Kevin sighed.

“I’m only annoying because of you.” She looked back at both Hoon and Kiseop. “You two give me such a hard time, who wouldn’t get mad or as you say annoying?” The two just stopped walking as Kevin and Yumi kept going not even noticing.

“Oh jeez I don’t hear their footsteps behind us anymore.” She stopped and turned around to see them standing a few feet behind them. “What’s wrong?” She asked with a sigh. Before they could say anything she noticed a familiar face a little ways behind them

“Eun-Mi?” She stepped over to the side to get a better view.

“Come on guys you’re blocking the sidewalk just standing there.” Kevin spoke up looking back to them as well before noticing a familiar face as tool…

“Eli?” He froze. Eun-Mi and Eli hadn’t been paying much attention that they already had been caught following them. They tried to walk past them pretending they didn’t see them or know them for that matter. Eun-Mi linked her arm with Eli and put up a girlfriend act.

“Let’s go get some Ice Cream Oppa?” She smiled up to Eli who caught on quickly.

“Sure jagi-ya no problem.” He returned the smile down to Eun-Mi. Yumi and Kevin just watching in confusion and a bit of shock that they were there.

Only Yumi knew that Eun-Mi was a demon but had no idea who the guy with her was. Same went for Kevin though he was confused on why Eli was there, he thought he died too when he died in that car accident. But what was he doing here on Earth, and why didn’t he see him at the B.A.A?