2. New Beginnings

Afterlife's Forgiveness

(FaiSeop)

Hello ^^ Here's Chapter 2

I hope to work on this story enough to keep you all here TT^TT 

I'm such a bad author-nim it's not even funny DX

I have so much going on with stories XD

Anywhoooo enjoy, I made myself laugh on this one hehe ♥

 

Chapter 2~

 

In a place with nothing but white clouds and silence sat a single woman with a desk in front of her. Her desk was scattered with papers and sticky notes. Her nickname was 'Panda' from the dark circles that seem to be permanent under her eyes from years of work.. She was growing tired with the constant papers appearing to her right side. These papers contained information about new souls coming into the heavens, her job was to file through every paper and sort them out into 2 sections,

 

The 'GOOD' and the 'BAD'.

 

She had always wondered why she got stuck with this job, but overall she didn't care since she knew about the other miserable jobs she could have gotten, Like the jobs in the B.A.A & B.A.D Facilities. Those with that job are responsible for awakening the souls, making sure everything is in check and go through the same long explanation of what it is that the new souls must do. Sometimes they get a few souls who entirely flip out and it tends to get tiring on those days.

 

Then there's the flight teachers. Seeming it's Heaven, the new souls are granted wings, seeming that it's impossible to walk on clouds all the time. Some catch on quick, but some don't and need extra practice before they are given their roles in the Heavens. Tasks that they must fulfill in God's place.

 

Today's stack of papers included the souls of Kwang Eun-Mi and Yumi Yukita. She looked over the papers quickly like she always did, she has a system of looking for keys about deciding which souls go where...

 

Looking over Yumi's paper she decided she'd go to B.A.A facility.. while Eun-Mi would be headed to B.A.D facility.

 

In the B.A.A facility's recovery room, Yumi laid there on a stretcher unconscious, 3 other people to the right of her all lined up in a row. It was just like a hospital scene. Curtains were not there to separate the patients. Her unconscious body started to twitch as she was now coming to. She gasped sitting up causing the facility works to look her way. She breathed heavily looking around, touching herself to confirm if she was alive.

 

"Where am I?" She noticed everyone staring at her. "Am I in the hospital? What happened?" She got up tapping on the window asking them. They just looked at her like she was crazy and continued on to their tasks. "What the heck?...Why are they ignoring me?" She thought confused noticing that this didn't look like a normal hospital room anymore. The setting changed into a room with a large window in front of the beds, a door to the left near her bed.. Only Yumi and the three other males were inside the white little solitary room while the staff was on the outside doing tasks with other patients. "What's going on? Where am I? I'm so confused.." She walked back over to her bed and sat down hugging her legs...she looked to her right where 3 males laid unconscious next to her. She didn't recognize them at all. The closest one next to her caught her attention when his eyes fluttered open. She was the first thing he saw waking up. He stared at her looking confused. She looked right back at him confused as well. "Why is he staring at me?!" She thought to herself as he sat up.

 

"Where am I?" He asked looking around, doing the same actions she had when she woke up.

 

"Don't bother asking them, all they do is just ignore us." She spoke up noticing he was about to ask one of the so called staff. He looked back to her.

 

"Do you have any idea where we are?" He scratched the back of his head curious.

 

"Don't ask me, I have no idea what is going on either!" Yumi complained with a pout. The male looked over to his right. 2 unconscious males. He didn't recognize them either. The two sat there watching as people passed by them not even giving one minute of their time to explain what on earth was going on to them.

 

"It's like they don't even see us or something, but I know that's wrong, they looked directly at me when I asked them where I was." Yumi crossed her arms shaking her head.

 

"Do you perhaps think they're waiting until these two wake up?" The male spoke up.

 

"Awh man if so we'll be here forever!" She sighed.

 

"I'm sure they'll wake up soon enough.." He looked back over to see the one next to him coming to. "See this one is waking up!" He pointed. Yumi got up and walked over standing between the first male who woke up and second male waking up's beds. The second male sat up confused.

 

"Where are you? I know, we don't know either, Don't ask those people cause apparently they're too busy to tell us anything. Genius here thinks once all 4 of us wake up they'll tell us." Yumi spoke immediately not giving the second male a chance to ask anything. He stared at her confused. "I'm curious on why I'm the only girl here." She noticed. The third male began to wake up seconds later. She too walked over to him and gave the same speech she gave to the second male when he woke up.

 

"Now that all four of us are awake." She turned to see if anyone would come over to explain. Everyone still continued their tasks like before. "Oh my goodness!" She ruffled her hair annoyed. "Hello we're awake!" She called out thru the glass as the people walked by.

 

"I think I have another idea." The first male spoke up.

 

"What?" She turned to look at him.

 

"We haven't introduced ourselves to each other." He pointed out.

 

"That's kinda stupid to think they'd keep us in the dark about the situation all because we don't know each other's name." She sighed.

 

"You don't know that." The second male protested.

 

"He could be right." The third male agreed.

 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it, I'm Yumi Yukita." She introduced herself.

 

"I'm Kevin Woo." The first male smiled.

 

"I'm Yeo Hoonmin." The second male held his hand up.

 

"Lastly I'm Lee Kiseop." The third waved.

 

Yumi spun around looking to see if this solved anything. Still nothing. She jumped pouting.

 

"What is wrong with these people, we're all awake, we know each other's names.. what more can we do?!" She turned back to them. "Hey Genius, think up another idea." She looked over to Kevin.

 

"It's Kevin." He reminded her before thinking up something.

 

"It's like a riddle or something..." Hoon spoke his thoughts.

 

"I thought riddles came with words?" Kiseop looked at him confused.

 

"I think he meant that we're suppose to figure something out. Like a clue to why we're here." Yumi sighed running a hand through her hair.

 

"Yeah he may be right, but what are we suppose to figure out?" Kevin wondered.

 

"Hmm well... how about what were we all doing before we woke up in here?" Kiseop suggested. Everyone thought about it..and only fear and sadness appeared on their faces.

 

"Are we dead?" Hoon looked up at them shocked.

 

"What do you mean dead!? We can't be dead!" Yumi freaked out.

 

"It only explains why we're here right?" Kevin tried to keep calm.

 

"But... I can't be dead...why woul-.." The scene played in her head.

 

Water all around her, she couldn't breathe, she was sinking, being pulled down..

 

"I'm ...dead?" She stared ahead of her, frozen. "I died?" She thought as the other three looked at her face that was full of confusion and fear.

 

"Are you okay?" Kevin stood up worried about Yumi's horrified expression.

 

"I died? I'm dead? Did I really die?" Tears were starting to form in her eyes, panic was all she was feeling. "I can't be dead.. I can't be." She looked at her shaking hands. The others felt bad for her. They didn't wanna be est, but seeming she was a girl, she was taking her death more badly and emotionally than they were.

Finally someone came up to the window tapping on the window.

 

"Good. You've all figured out why you're here." The male smiled.
 

"I don't understand how we are dead but still ...exist?" Kevin pointed to himself and the others hinting that this didn't look like they were dead.

 

"You are dead." The male said serious. "You are in the B.A.A facility." He added.

 

"B.A.A?" All four looked at each other.

 

"Born Again Angels."

 

"We're Angels?" Yumi asked stunned at the words.

 

"Correct. You are in the Heavens after your Death." The male nodded.

 

"So there is a life after death..?" Kiseop sounded startled.

 

"Yes Kiseop. You four are one of the many new groups entering the Heavens everyday. These three in the room with you, we hope you like them, because from now on, you four are a Team." All four looked at each other confused.

 

"Team? Why a team? Are there games in the Heavens?" Hoon asked curious.

 

"B.A.A team's are made to fulfill tasks that God needs fulfilled." The male explained. Yumi sat back onto her bed trying to absorb all of this.

 

"Is this for real, or is it a dream?" She thought. Kevin interrupted her thinking moments later.

 

"Hey. Hello?" He waved a hand in front of her face to get her attention.

 

"Uhnn? What?" She snapped out of it.

 

"That guy left. He said once we decide on a Leader we can exit the room." Kevin informed her.

 

"Leader?" She looked up at them. They were all looking at her. "You want me to be the leader?" She asked with a small laugh, "That's a joke, I've never been a leader in my life!" The others looked at each other.

 

"Well you were the first one to wake up.." Kiseop pointed out.

 

"But Kevin was the one who came up with most of the ideas after we were all awake.." She pointed out as well.

 

"I dunno I feel maybe you should be our leader. You seem the type." Hoon spoke up.

 

"Raise your hand if you vote for Yumi to be our leader." Kiseop smiled. Hoon raised his hand immediately. Kevin hesitantly raised his hand as Yumi looked at them shocked. "It's been decided, let's go now." Hoon got up along with Kiseop.

 

"Wait! I don't feel like we chose right!" She protested blocking them from the door. "Shouldn't we go by age? How old were you guys before you died?" She added.

 

"21." Both Kiseop and Hoon spoke in sync.

 

"21 also." Kevin spoke up.

 

"Birthday months?" She asked.

 

"January." Kiseop replied.

 

"August." Hoon answered.

 

"November." Kevin answered last.

 

"Kiseop should be the leader, cuz I'm 19!" She exclaimed.

 

"We already voted on you!" Hoon complained.

 

"Come on you'll be a good leader, you have the right attitude." Kiseop gave her a thumbs up.

 

"They're right. Just accept the role." Kevin smiled getting up. She sighed defeated.

 

"Well if I'm the leader you must do as I say got it!?" She smiled up at them. "This is the Heavens, I don't think they'd like you abusing your authority like that." Kiseop laughed.

 

"Fine then let's go." She sighed turning and opening the door.

 

Once they exit the room Yumi stopped immediately noticing giant Yellow arrows on the floor pointing left. "Huh?" She looked down to her left to see more arrows. "Is it showing us the way?" She looked to the right where no arrows were marked on the floor.

 

"I think we should follow the arrows." Kevin spoke up in the back.

 

"You want to be leader?" She looked back at him.

 

"Sorry." He apologized.

 

"NO! I didn't mean it like that, your leader wants to go right, but the arrows are telling us to go left.." She looked at them with her hands on her hips.

 

"You're the leader. Get over it already." Kiseop sighed. She sighed and took the arrow path.

 

"Why did I have to be leader? I don't think I'm good at leading people. I feel pressured.." She thought as the arrows started to look faded. "We must be getting close or lost." She looked ahead to see two giant closed doors. Everything started to look fancy as if they weren't in the B.A.A facility. It was like they were in some kind of mansion/castle now. The arrows pointed to the door. "I guess we go outside." She looked up at the tall doors almost falling back trying to look at the top, She fell back into Kiseop who caught her and helped her stand up straight.

 

"Careful."

 

She pushed on the right side of the door, it didn't open. She pushed harder, even turning around to push with her back.

 

"Why won't it open!?" She complained.

 

"Uh.." Kevin pointed to the arrow on the floor that had been pointing to the left side of the door. She sighed and stepped over to the other door pushing it, it swung open easily making her fall forward. It was a good thing she had a grip on the door handle since apparently...There was nothing to step on outside. Everything was white, fluffy clouds took place as the floor, but didn't serve as a floor apparently from the looks of a Yumi holding onto the door handle for dear life.

 

"Tsk tsk tsk, honestly, after finding out you're in the Heavens you must have thought you could walk on clouds." Another male came into view with a set of pure white feathered wings on his back.

 

"Like I'm suppose to know that!" Yumi complained struggling to hold on.

 

"Oh attitude? Careful young lady, you might just lose your set of wings I came to grant you." The male shook his head.

 

"We're sorry, please forgive her." Kiseop apologized for her. "I'll let it slide since it's not your fault to begin with anyways." He sighed reaching over helping Yumi back up. She immediately hid behind the others, afraid of falling again.

 

"I won't let you fall, don't worry. My name is Alexander. I'll be granting you your wings and also serve as your flying coach." Alexander smiled.

 

"No way we get to fly!?" Hoon was excited.

 

"Yes pretty awesome right? Who wants to go first?" He asked looking at the four of them. "How about Yumi, you know, so she doesn't fall again." He joked.

 

"How did you know my name?" She peeked from behind Kevin.

 

"Aish, this girl. I know everything! I know all your names, you four are my students now." He held up his clipboard annoyed.

 

"Sorry." She apologized. "Grumpy teacher.." She whispered with a sigh.

 

"I heard that." Xander glared at her making her freeze. "As I was saying..Yumi let's start with you since you are the leader." He smiled looking at his clipboard. Hoon grabbed Yumi by the arm making her come up to the front.

 

"Will it hurt?" She worried.

 

"Oh dear, you're quite a handful." Xander chuckled. "Follow me." He turned around walking ON the clouds.

 

"I thought you said we can't walk on clouds?!" Yumi called after him afraid to step out again.

 

"You may walk on them now. I'll be granting your wings at the flight zone." He motioned for them to hurry.

 

"Just go." Hoon pushed her a little but she held onto the door frame.

 

"No! Don't push me!" She complained.

 

"Aish, we're wasting time!" Hoon sighed taking his own leave. Kiseop followed him after leaving Yumi and Kevin still inside.

 

"We should go." He spoke taking a step out.

 

"What if I fall again." She clung onto the door frame.

 

"You won't, everyone else hasn't, you'll be fine. Come on let's hurry." He assured her with a smile holding his hand out to her. She hesitantly took it cautiously stepping onto the clouds beneath Kevin. "You see, you're just fine." He gently let go.

 

"Don't let go!" She clung to his arm immediately feeling scared. Just then a flash back hit her.

 

As she held onto her friend for dear life.."Don't let go!" Yumi exclaimed, She tried with all her might to keep them above the water..."Don't let go!!" She cried out feeling her friends body get heavier and heavier.. she was losing her. "Don't let gooo!" She shouted before finally going under with her...

 

"Hey.. Yumi...Yumi are you okay?" Kevin snapped her out of flashback.

 

"Uh? What?" She looked up at him quickly.

 

"Are you okay?" He asked looking worried.

 

"Hey you two! Hurry up already!" Hoon shouted back to them.

 

"I'm fine let's go!" She shook her head letting go of his arm running off to the others. "What was that? How come I've been seeing stuff like that... Was that how I died? I drowned?" She thought to herself as she caught up to the others. Kevin caught up shortly after. They stood on now what seemed to be land instead of clouds. Fog hid the fact they were on a cliff. This was the flight zone.

 

"Okay everyone get in line, Yumi goes first like I said before. Who wants to go second, third, then fourth?" Xander looked back at the guys.

 

"I wanna go second!" Hoon raised his hand.

 

"I don't mind going third." Kevin raised his hand after.

 

"I guess that leaves Kiseop to be last?" Xander nodded.

 

"I'm afraid of heights...so.." Kiseop hugged himself worriedly.

 

"Understood. Let us begin." Xander nodded understandingly before facing Yumi up in the front. "Spread out a little so your wings don't hit each other." He informed them. They did as the were told.

 

One by one Alexander walked behind them touching the middle of their back with his hand, granting their wings. Once he reached the end he turned around and snapped his fingers, suddenly big fluffy snow white wings emerged from their backs instantly. Yumi lost her balance from the sudden force and fell forward on her knees as the others stood firmly on the ground, not even affected by it. Xander sighed and facepalmed his forehead.

 

"This one's gunna be tough.." He muttered to himself walking back over to the front. "Okay now, your wings have been granted. Yay." He clapped. "Let's move on to getting used to them. First I want you all to move your wings." He demonstrated by spreading out his wings, then folding them closed. Hoon learned fast. Took Kevin a little bit, but he got it eventually. Kiseop struggled a bit but got the hang of it in the end. Then there was Yumi.

 

"Are you even trying?" Xander sighed watching as her wings made little movement.

 

"I'm trying! It's hard!" She complained.

 

"Clear your head and imagine closing them." He stepped over. She sighed closing her eyes trying to clear her head.

 

"It's hard to clear my head when I'm still so confused about why all this is happening..." She thought as her wings began to pull inwards closing.

 

"Good, Good, you got it." Xander smiled pleased until her wings opened up hitting Xander in the face.

 

"OH! I'm sorry!" She could feel her left wing hit something. When she opened her eyes she knew she hit the teacher.

 

"Aish!" He held his left cheek. She couldn't help but giggle. The other three trying to hold in their laughters. "Yah! Focus! This is important!" He demanded. Fun time was over.

 

"Enough, focus Yumi focus...you have to do this." She thought to herself trying to concentrate again. Without wasting anymore time she was able to close and open her wings. She struggled here and there but soon got the hang of it.

 

"Step one, check." Xander marked on his clipboard. "Step two, lift off." He smiled. "Open your wings and ...flap them." He shrugged using his arms as demonstration. Each of them did their best. Again Hoon learned quickly along with Kevin. Kiseop and Yumi struggled a bit but eventually lifted off at least 3 inches off from the ground. "Step 2, check. Now for Step 3. After Step 3 is mastered. This team will start work in a few days." Xander explained.

 

"What's Step 3?" Yumi asked nervous.

 

"What'cha all been waiting for. Flying." He turned around as the fog started to clear up showing they were high in the air standing on a cliff. Straight across was another cliff.

 

There was another mansion/castle like building. Dark clouds surrounded it.

 

"What's that?" Yumi asked staring over.

 

"That's the B.A.D facility." Xander replied not so cheery anymore.

 

"B.A.D..." The others looked to each other again.

 

"Born Again Demons?" Hoon asked puzzled. Xander nodded.

 

"I thought this was the Heavens? How are there Demons here?" Yumi asked confused.

 

"I don't know the answer to that yet. B.A.D exist to destroy the B.A.A and cause havoc in the Heavens. That's all I'm aware of. I don't know why God has allowed them to stay here. There are other special Teams that protect the B.A.A. You four aren't among them so don't worry." He assured them.

 

"What will be our tasks after this?" Kevin asked curious.

 

"You'll know once you get your first mission." He smiled.

 

Yumi stared at B.A.D facility. "How could there be something like this here....?" She thought noticing people coming out of the building. She squinted her eyes in attempt to see better. Suddenly it was like she had supper vision as the sight from the other side became closer and clear as if she was looking through a binoculars. As the other 3 asked Alexander further questions, Yumi watched the other side. She saw a familiar face among the small group.. 1 girl and 4 guys. "Is that?...." She looked harder. It seemed those 5 people were going through the same thing as them. Flight lesson. Something was different though. These people were granted black wings. "Demons..." She worried. Once the teacher talked to them the girl turned around and Yumi's face turned into shock.. "Eun-Mi!.....Eun-Mi's a Demon...?" She frowned. "Eun-Mi's become a Demon?! How is that right! She's not evil!!!" Her thoughts were interrupted when she notice the girl looking right back at her. She froze. "It is Eun-Mi...Why are you on that side! You should be over here!" She wanted to shout but bit her lips stopping her.

 

"Yumi are you even paying attention?" She heard the teachers voice ask annoyed.  Eun-Mi was staring right back over to her. She didn't look shocked though. She looked mad.

 

"I'm paying attention.." She stuttered looking away from the otherside.

 

"Okay then, It's with LOVE my dear baby Angel! Take flight and soar into the sky!" Alexander gently pushed Yumi making her fall over off the cliff. She tipped over desperately trying to prevent from falling over but it was too late! She dived down head first screaming at the top of her lungs. "You see she wasn't paying attention." Xander sighed looking to the others as if everything was okay.

 

"Will she be okay?!" Kiseop worried. Hoon looked over seeing how far down the drop was.

 

"Oh my, will she die?!" He gasped.

 

"She won't die, this is the Heavens, you can't die." Xander chuckled. Hearing Yumi's screams fading scared Kevin as he took a deep breathe and leaped from the cliff in attempt to save her.

 

"Oh my!" Xander watched.