Chapter 4: Trouble

Your Warm Heart

 RRRING ~~ !!

 "That will be it for today class. Please study hard at home tonight."

We all bowed down to our teacher, saying in unison "Yes Teacher, thank you."

 I grabbed my bag and began to walk out with Jonghyun until I heard the teacher say my name.

 "Liu, can I have a word with you for a moment? It won't be long."

 "Yes teacher, that wouldn't be a problem." I nodded to Jonghyun, him understanding my subtle hint walking outside the classroom to wait for me. Once he shut the door behind him, Mr. Choi sat behind his desk, shuffling papers.

 "Liu, please come over here." I walked over to the front of his desk, a bit nervous. "Your grades....they are horrible recently. Here are some of your recent marks." Mr.Choi handed me a few math tests and quizes of mine, all being between 30-58 marks. My eyes were wide open, I didn't know how to respond. Was I studying recently? Not to my best intent...but it felt like it didn't matter. Every time I think I understand this math or have studied enough, I always end up getting a lower grade than I expect. "If your grades stay like this, I will have to sign you up for supplementary classes."

 "I'm sorry sir, I just don't understand the material at all. I want to do better, and so I intend on doing better."

 "Thank you, Liu. You're a good, smart kid. I don't think these grades represent you at all. If it were someone like Kim Jonghyun...it would be a different story." I chuckled, Mr.Choi actually showing a smile for once.

 "Thank you too, Teacher. I will not let you down." I bowed to him deeply before walking out of the classroom, seeing Jonghyun waiting at the end of the hallway for me. I grinned seeing him, sitting down on the hallway floor and leaning against the wall. His eyes were closed and he was humming some song.

 "Jonghyun!" I yelled, waking him up from his daydream. He looked over at me and rubbed his eyes, regaining consciousness.

 "What did he want?" he asked, standing up and putting and arm around me lazily.

 "My grades for math, so if I don't get better grades I have to get supplementary classes after school."

 "Well that . I'd offer my help, but that would only be if you wanted to fail." he said, chuckling remorsefully afterwards.

 "It's fine, I just have to study harder." I moved his arm off from around me, his weight starting to make my shoulders sore. "It's not your fault. I gotta fix this myself."

 "That's my Amber!" he said, clapping his hands together loudly.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

 "Kim Junhyun! I am getting sick of your attitude!"

 "How do you think I feel, having to deal with you day in and out!? I'm sick of living here, I want to move away and never come back!"

 "How dare you speak to me in that manner! I am not only an elder, but your father, you idiot! Do you think it is good to speak to me like this!?"

 "You bet like hell it is! Where were you for any of us? For Mom...for Jun Mi? Now - all of a sudden - you want to become part of the family again!? You left, Dad! I'm sick of you! I hate you!"

 "CUT!" the director said, everyone averting their attention to him once again. "I think we are good for today. Good work everyone!"

 The man who played my character's father, Kang Mun Yoo, smiled at me and said "I think you're a good actor, Kai. Keep it up, you're one of the few idols I am actually cheering for."

 I chuckled, flattered by his comment, and bowed. Once he began to walk away, I left to my personal prep room, cleaned off my face from any makeup, and got my stuff and left immediately incognito. Idol life is killing me. The fun and excitement that I once expected has slipped away. I mean, it was a blast in the beginning....but now I want something more. I've grown sick of the same tough, long schedule every day. Call me selfish, but I want to do something than this every day. I don't care for fans or fame anymore, I just want to live life now.

 Waking me up from my thoughts, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. Annoyed, but a little happy to get rid of these negative thoughts, I read the name of who was calling me. Lee Taemin, a good friend of mine and fellow idol. "Hello?"

 "."

 "Excuse me?" The hell was going on with him?

 "Did you read the recent news? Who is this young, handsome idol who is fairly new getting told off by some anti-fan?"

 "The hell are you talking about?"

 "There are photos of you getting slapped by some boy online, I'm scrolling through the photos now." Oh no, don't tell me. Don't finish this the way I think you are Taemin. "Wow, it looks like he gave you a pretty good hit. What did you do to deserve that one?"

 "That girl!!" Dammit!!

 "Girl?"

 "Long story. Anyway, what do you mean!? Is the whole story on there? What is there? Tell me more, immediately!"

 "Well, I'm surprised your manager hasn't spoken to you about it yet. Has he ever mentioned it?" I thought for a moment....nope. He hasn't even spoken to me much today, except for small exchanges of basic greetings and information. "I take it not. Well, it is pretty new....from a few hours ago. It will be circulating well by tomorrow. You don't hear about this stuff everyday."

 I am going to kill that girl! If I get a bad reputation from her, I am going to ring that girl's neck. Who cares if she is a girl and if I said some nasty things!? This is my career I am talking about!! I have to find that girl, immediately!

 "Hello? Jongin?"

 "Ahhh, sorry. I have to go, I'll text you in a bit. There is something very urgent that has came up. Bye." I hung up quickly before he could drill me about how much of an idiot I was...and I couldn't refuse that. I was an idiot.

 I began walking down the same path again in hopes I would find that girl. I needed to talk to her, and boy would I say some things I probably will regret.

 

~*~

 

 It was almost nine at night. I guess I wouldn't see the girl today. Tomorrow though, I would definitely give her a piece of my mind. Feeling a bit defeated, I decided to go to one of my favorite bars and order some soju. Perhaps getting a little drunk would calm me of my pains for a while. Between work and my Dad harassing me for money and rumors, a good drink seems perfect. Very slowly, wanting to escape life for the few more minutes I could, I headed on my way home. It was dark out now, so it would be much easier to stay unnoticed from the public.

 "Hey, ." Instantly, these words broke my train of thought. That couldn't have been towards me. I looked around and saw an alley nearby. I began walking towards it to see what the hell was going on.

 "? She is more like a he. Think it is fun messing with an idol, will you try to mess with us?"

 "Maybe we'll know if the clothes came off." A few men darkly chuckled, earning a whimper from the girl.

 "Don't touch me!!"

 That voice. I know that voice, it was that girl. Amber. Quickly, I picked up my pace and saw the situation. One guy was holding her up against the brick wall, her hands held above her head and his knee inbetween her legs. There were three other guys who began feeling her body around. The sight sickened me. Where was her boyfriend to save her? The thought of him leaving her alone - let alone at night - infuriated me even more.

 "Let's see that nice body underneath there." One guy said, putting his hands to the hem of her shirt. Not ever was this ever going to see what was underneath her shirt. Slowly, I began creeping up behind them, making sure I wouldn't be noticed.

 "No, please. I'll do anything if you just leave me alone." Amber pleaded inbetween soft sobs, tears beginning to fall rapidly from her eyes.

 "Then give us this y little body, you whor-" In less than a second, that guy was knocked out on the ground. All the men turned around to see me, me feeling my wrist to make sure I hadn't hurt it.

 "Who's next?" I said, smirking to my next victim. These boys weren't far from my age, so they wouldn't be too hard to mess with.

 "Who the hell do you think you are?" One guy said, walking up and getting into my face. I chuckled a bit at how short he was compared to me. Oh please, you couldn't even scare a chipmunk. Slowly, I reached up to my sunglasses and pulled them off, taking my hat off with it. "Oh ." he mumbled. The other guys moved a little bit to see why his friend seemingly backed off, and they gasped a little too. Not only were they messing with a damn good fighter, but a famous idol.

 "You're just some punk- , we can take you." the guy holding onto Amber said, now letting go of her. Instantly, she dropped to the ground. Damn, had they done anything to her that I wasn't aware about? This enraged me further. Deciding not to let this go easily what-so-ever, I kicked the guy in front of me in his stomache, bashing his back with my arm to the point where he was on the ground unconscience. The other two guys came at me, one with a knife. . The one without a knife, I punched in the face, getting a knock-out instantly, but the one with the knife cut the side of my neck. I gritted my teeth at the sharp pain. Really pissed off now, I grabbed him by the neck and threw him against the opposite wall, punching him in the head to the point he was barely alive.

 "Scumbags." I mumbled, putting my hand on my neck only to feel warm liquid forming around it. Bastard. I turned around, to see Amber's face covered in tears. However, she looked so weak that she couldn't even sob. For some odd reason, this sight killed me.

 "Amber...." My voice became weak and sorrowful, completely opposite of the harsh tone I had before.

 "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I swear! You got hurt and I am so sorry!!" Her tears were coming down even quicker, her head leaning against the wall for support. I rushed over to her, embracing her completely. I don't know what came over me, but I just had to hold her. She didn't do anything, yet she is the one apologizing.

 What is with this girl....I don't get it.

 "Amber, you didn't do anything wrong. These s were the ones that did, and they won't be let off easily. You are an innocent girl, just please don't cry or feel bad." I put a hand behind her head, gently putting it towards my chest.

Shouldn't I be scolding her? No, I couldn't do that....not anymore. If I even looked at her wrong, I would feel the guilt of the world on my shoulders. She's just too damn innocent, I would never want to cause her pain. Not even someone as cold as I am.

Whether I realized it or not, I was now attached with this girl....Amber.