Chapter 1: Our Meeting

Your Warm Heart

 

“The cheers from the fans were loud. My face was the reddest it has probably been in my life. This moment, it seemed like I wasn’t real, as cliché as it may sound. However, my heart feels eternal and warm, like an Eternal Summer has dawned upon me.”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *~

“Dong-saeng! Buy me this ~!” whined Jonghyun, hugging Amber’s arm close to him.

“Aish, get off me!!” Amber yelled, trying to wriggle her arm out of his grip, but failing to even get it an inch away from him.

“Please?!? I promise I’ll pay you back! I really, really want this!” Jonghyun put on his killer puppy-dog pout face. Amber looked up at him in disgust, trying to stay resistant to his tricks. ‘Don’t fall for it Amber, don’t fall for it.’ She mentally told herself.

“God dammit, fine!!” Amber said, ripping her arm out of his grip, face-palming herself in her mind.

 Jonghyun instantly grabbed Amber and hugged her close, saying “Yay! I promise I’ll pay you back tomorrow! I won’t forget my wallet again!” and giving her thumbs up with one hand.

“Oppa, you say that every time!!” she said, taking out her wallet from her back pocket.

“No I don’t….hehe” he smiled sheepishly, putting an arm behind his head, knowing it to be true.

 Amber rolled her eyes and took out 10,000 won *about $8.80 in USD* to pay for the matching dinosaur key-chains that Jonghyun wanted. When Jonghyun caught eye of it on display outside as they were walking to school, he from then on knew he had to have it. Like a child, he had grabbed Amber’s hand and dragged her inside, begging and pleading for ‘the adult’ to buy the toy for him.

Amber walked up to the cashier and handed her the key-chains.

“Both of these please.”

“Will that be all?” the cashier said, scanning the items.

“Yep!” Amber said, taking out eleven dollars and then putting her wallet back.

“Ok, that’ll be 11,270 won (About Ten US Dollars).” Amber handed the woman the money, telling her she could keep the change because she was too lazy to take her wallet back out. The cashier handed the key-chains to Amber, only for Jonghyun to quickly snatch both of them from her hands.

“Thank you, dong-saeng!! Thank you! Thank you!” he said, jumping up and down.

“Yeah, yeah.” She said, smiling warmly and messing up Jonghyun’s hair, unable to play cold anymore to her lovable best friend.

 The both of them attend the same school, Ttatteushan Kkoch Academy, and are in their senior year. They have been best friends since the beginning of school only two years. When Amber entered her first day of school – not to mention being half an hour late – she couldn’t find her homeroom. After searching through so many hallways for her homeroom, she became lost herself. Jonghyun found her and of course he was happy to help her to her homeroom. It just so happened they shared the same one, and weirdly has ever since. Since then, they’ve been inseparable.

“Here, now take this one!” Jonghyun gave the dinosaur keychain to Amber, attaching the other one to his house keys.

“Wait, this is for me?!” Amber said, pointing at herself, surprised.

“Of course, who else would I give a dinosaur keychain to? We are dinosaur twins for god’s sake. It’s too bad these were the last two, or else I would’ve gotten one for Donghae Hyung as well. Oh well! Also, don’t tell him this but you’re more special hehe.” Jonghyun poked Amber on the forehead, Amber playfully pouting as he treated her like a child, causing both of them to laugh. “You’re my best friend Amber, of course I’d want you to have it!” his classic childish grin appeared, which could make even the coldest of hearts melt before him.

“…thank you Oppa.” Amber smiled warmly, blushing a little bit as she attached the keychain to her pant loop. “Now I can wear it everywhere I go! Plus, I don’t have a keychain thingy for my keys yet so I gotta get some later. We better go or we’re gonna be late!” Amber began jumping up and down, feeling nervous about being late to school.

“Ahh! Good point! Let’s go Dino-Amber ~~!!” Jonghyun said, taking Amber’s arm and dragging her out of the store, the both of them running to school down the sidewalk.

“Stop dragging me Oppa! I can run by myself thank you!!” Amber said, Jonghyun ignoring her.

However, their pursuit was stopped once they caught eye of the huge crowd of people surrounding something and taking tons of photos.

“Huh? Is that an idol they are harassing?” Jonghyun said, jumping up and down a few times to try getting a glimpse of the idol. “Man, I feel bad for them, but at the same time I kind of want to do what everyone else is doing to ‘em haha! Will you be like them when I become an idol someday?”

Amber playfully nudged her elbow into Jonghyun’s stomach, causing him to lose a breathe and stop talking.

“Ahh! Aish, that hurt!!” Jonghyun whined, hugging his stomach tightly, pretending it hurt more than it really did. Amber rolled her eyes, looking back over at the mass of people.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *~

“Oppa! I love you Oppa!”

“Please, let me get a photo with you!”

“Wow, so cute!! I love your look today!”

“Oppa, is it true you are good friends with the members of Big Bang? That is so cool!!”
 

 Ugh, their voices. My fan’s voices…reporter’s voices…fangirls voices…all of them…so annoying!! Leave me alone you nuisances!! Stop taking your damn photos and videos or whatever the hell you’re uploading to Cyworld or whatever! Can’t I walk down the god damn street without you idiots attacking me?!?

I was trying to walk to my studio – just for once – and this is what happens. These people bombard me. Not only because of their looks, but with these obnoxious attitudes I even bet none of them have ever had a date…or perhaps a friend for that matter.

I kept my head in front of me as I walked, trying my best to ignore them.

“Ahh! Hyung, that hurt!!”

I looked over a bit to the right in front of me and saw a guy hugging his stomach tightly, whining like a child. Next to him was a girl rolling her eyes. Wait, is she in a guy’s uniform…?

“Oppa! Could you please sign my shirt?” a girl said, walking in front of me. I looked down at her, noticing I got distracted by the girl over there and must had stopped.

Dammit.

“Please? Oppa, I am your biggest fan!” she said again, grinning at me.

“You…” I bent down a bit, seeing the excitement in her eyes as my face got closer to hers. I put my face directly in front of hers, sliding my sunglasses down a little slowly to look at her directly. I could see the blush in her face increase, her eyes filled with excitement.

“…you aren’t my type. You’re not cute…or good looking. Goodbye.” I said, smiling coldly. It took the girl a few moments to absorb what I said, looking shocked. Everyone stared at us, surprised. Some of the girls began yelling, asking me if they were my type. I rolled my eyes, annoying girls. They think they like me just because they’ve seen me in a movie or show or something and instantly they are supposedly ‘destined’ to be with me. Get real! It is pathetic, really.

“Hey! You!”

 Huh? I looked over to see the tomboy girl from before pointing at me as she walked over. I raised an eyebrow, confused. What does she want?

“What do you –”

“What the hell is your problem!? To insult a girl like that, who the hell do you think you are!? You aren’t that damn special to me.” I looked at her, laughing as she interrupted me. I took off my sunglasses and put them in my pocket.

“Why is some lesbian girl telling me this? You are dressed like a boy and you think –” Instantly, she slapped me in the face harshly. Shocked, I put a hand up to my face, looking at her as if she had three heads. This girl, she was furious, but was keeping her calm composure on the outside.
 

“People like you should disappear and do the world a favor.” She said quietly, her ice cold words piercing.


 She walked away from me, leaving me in utter shock. I didn’t know what to do. She didn’t just slap me in front of everyone, did she!? The girl grabbed her friend’s arm and began dragging him off somewhere. The boy kept looking back and forth at me and the tomboy girl, his face in utter horror.

“Come on Jonghyun, let’s get out of here before we’re late.” She said, this Jonghyun guy too startled to refuse. As they walked away, Jonghyun looked back at me for a quick moment and pointed at me, grinning ear to ear, before looking back at his friend who was dragging him off and asking if she was alright.

“Oppa! Are you okay?! I can’t believe that just slapped you!!” One girl said, trying to get closer to me, however the other fangirls weren’t letting her. Everyone began telling me how crazy the tomboy is for slapping me and how I didn’t do anything wrong. I looked back towards the studio, my eyes leaving that tomboy girl and her friend, and began walking back towards the studio and paying no mind to the people around me.

 This girl….who the hell is she!? No matter what, I am going to find out who she is.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *~

“Holy God! Did you just…slap the Kai in the face?!? The idol Kai?!? Damn, I never thought you were this badass! So Cool!” Jonghyun said, taking his arm away from my grip, walking beside me now.

“He was an arrogant jerk. He had no right to talk to that girl like that.”

Jonghyun smiled warmly and took my hand, holding it up to his face. “Of course you would say that. You care more about the others around you, ignoring what happens to you.”

“That doesn’t matter; I’m used to those comments. I just can’t believe he said that to her. Who does this jerk think he is?” Jonghyun stopped walking, causing me to stop and look at him. Jonghyun then let go of my hand and began hugging me tightly.

“For once, can you please pretend not to be so strong? What he said hurt you, I can tell. You shouldn’t be used to those comments, Amber. You are so beautiful and elegant; any person that fails to see that is garbage.”

I blushed, surprised at Jonghyun’s sudden action. I stood there, letting him hug me, not knowing what to do.

“Jonghyun….” I said, touched. Jonghyun seemed to realize what he just did and let go, shyly putting a hand behind his neck.

“Haha, sorry. I don’t know what got to me. You know, as your best friend it’s hard seeing people treat you so horribly. You deserve better than them, you know?” he looked the other way, a small blush on his cheeks and obviously embarrassed. “When he said that to you, I wanted to go up there and punch him in the face. I was actually going to do so, but then you slapped him.”

 Quickly, I hugged him tightly. “Thank you, Jonghyun. You’re a good friend.”

He chuckled and hugged me back gently.

Ding, dong . . . .

 “Oh damn, we’re gonna be late! Let’s go!” I said, grabbing Jonghyun’s arm and running with him to school.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *~

Authors note:

            Anyeong haseyo! This llama is back with another fanfic. You see, I was originally planning to do a Chanber (Chanyeol x Amber) fanfic, but as I was writing I got this story and I realized Chanyeol didn’t fit (sorry Chanyeol Oppa ;~;), so then I thought I should put Kai in it. Poor Kaiber, I realized as I looked through asianfanfics that there are not many fanfics on them. Then again, there are little to no Chanber fanfics either haha. So, I am going to write a Chanber fanfic soon and also I gotta upload my other fanfic’s chapter too. It is pretty much done. See ya later, please comment because I need to get better at writing these things so y'all can enjoy them more!