Someone to Miss

The Carved Future

*Luhan’s POV*  

    “Sehun…” His name left my lips in a soft whisper and of course, no one heard me. I watch as she rushed over and embrace him in a warm hug. Something twisted in my heart and I didn’t quite like the feeling at all. I had no idea what I was feeling but I didn’t want to find out so I took my black notebook and walked out ignoring his call for me.  

    “L-luhan! Hey!! Wa-ait up!!” I heard his voice echoed down the empty white plain halls as I walk quickly and I heard his call, loud and clear yet I still chose to ignore him because my heart clenched tightly and for that moment, I just hope I could just disappear for a moment.  

   “Sehun, don’t run!!” She called out for him, I heard her female soft voice but I didn’t stop at my tracks until a hand grabbed on my shoulder. I turned to see him, to see, Oh Sehun, panting and gasping for air as he grabbed on my shoulder tighter. I watch him grimaced and wonder if something was wrong. It only took a few more seconds before he collapsed into my arms.  

    The feelings that ran though my head was something I’ve never felt before.I felt my blood ran cold like I seen death. My heart raced like I ran a thousand miles, my body stiffed and unmoving like a dead body.  

    I wanted to shout… to call for someone to come to his aid but I couldn’t.

   Time felt like it had stopped as he laid there in my arms.  

   “SEHUN!!” Her high pitched scream pierced though my ears and as soon as she got to him, she pushed me aside and held him instead. I fell down but still couldn’t get my brain to process anything. It was only a matter of minutes before nurses and doctors arrives, carried him to the nearest room available. I stood up when my brain started working and I watch as everyone disappears down the hall. I gulped down a lump that formed in my throat and turn back to walk back to my room.

  I shut the door and sat on my bed, thinking about the rush of events that happen today.My mind was filled with sudden worry and nervousness when I thought about him again. Was he alright? Is he going to be okay? My heart raced at the thought of his dead cold body on the hospital bed. I shook my head furiously before lying on the bed and closing my eyes.

  I prefer to be in my dreamland whether it is a dream or a nightmare, I didn’t want to be in reality because in my dreamland, all my problems and worries just disappear for that short moment before it was time to face the facts.

  ~x~  

   “How could you?! He’s dead and it’s your fault….” Sekyung screamed in agony as she grab onto my collar, pushing and pulling be back and forth.“He’s dead… Y-you did this!! GIVE ME BACK MY SEHUNNIE!!!!” Her screams were loud and tears rolled down her cheeks. Her face was red from anger and frustration, she let out another loud painful screamed making me flinched. My eyes cast towards the body on the bed with a white sheet covering it. I watch as the body laid there unmoving, not a trace of life in it.

  My blood ran cold; I took a few steps back shaking my head, my eyes never leaving the dead body on the bed.  Is he really… gone?

  ~x~  

    “NO!” I jumped up and sat up straight only to realize I was in my own hospital room. My heart started to calm itself since it was only a dream or at least, I hope it is. My eyes cast outside the window to see the stars shining brightly down on the world. It was already night time and I was sure that whatever they were doing to Sehun would probably be done already. I stood up from my bed and slowly proceeded to my destination.

   “…I-Is he okay?” I reach the receptionist and she looked at me with tired eyes. She yawned before replying “Who is?”“O-Oh…Oh..Sehun.” His name never felt so right on my lips as I spoke his name. I was growing to like his name for some reason.“Yeah. He’ll be alright, he’s got an asthma attack today so he fainted but he’ll be alright.” She gave me a reassuring look and smile.

   “Thank you.” I gave a bow but did not return a smile at all. I turned and walked away, my mind still cloudy and my heart still heavy.

  “He’s in a different room now. Room 1314. Visiting hours ended but… I’ll keep your secret.” She said loudly for me to hear and I stopped on my tracks a while before turning back to the nurse who smile tiredly at me. I bow once again before heading towards the room where he would be.

    ~x~

I twisted the door knob quietly before setting foot into the room. My heart felt light as a feather as I watch him breath calmly. I approached the sleeping beauty stealthily, not wanting him to wake up from his deep slumber.

  “It’s good to know you’re okay.” I thought before I cast him one final glance before leaving the room.

 ~x~

  (3rd Person’s POV)  

Luhan went back to his hospital room and tried to go back to dreamland but he couldn’t so after minutes of tossing and turning. The young man finally gave up. He sat up and thought of looking at the stars until the device Sehun had given him had caught his eye. He grabbed the unfamiliar thing and pushed some buttons till the thing light up. Something that looked like a list was on the screen and Luhan’s brain was filled with curiosity. He grabbed the earphone and place them on his ears just like how Sehun had done for him today and ‘music’ was filled into his ears.

  Luhan didn’t know what language he was listening to but he was sure as hell it wasn’t Korean. Soon, he softly move his head back and forth to the beat of the music and his eyes close as the harmonious tune went through his head.

  The young man stood up, and headed for the door, the device still in hand. He walked down the dimly lit halls ignoring the nurses and doctors who were rushing left and right. Luhan reached the stairs and stared climbing higher and higher till he approached the rooftop. The wind blew though his beautiful soft locks and the music tune matched the wind in the utmost perfection. Luhan stared at the world he could only see from the rooftop and wonder how many places were there out there waiting to be explore but sadly, he knew he won’t have a chance. His eyes gloomed with dullness with a tint of sadness as he approached the edge of the roof, there were some grills and steels protecting around the roof but it wasn’t tall enough to keep an adult from climbing over it and in the corner laid a small sort rusty door that could be open. Luhan always wonder why that wouldn’t keep it lock, patients could just suicide if they decide to jump. He opens the door and he was one step closer to ‘death’. He looked down and it was a long way down but Luhan didn’t feel fear nor was he afraid to jump because he knew death would come for him as long as he was stuck in the hospital. Everyday, he would be one step closer to death so what difference does it make if he just jumps?

  “No one would miss me….No one would care…” Was what Luhan would say to himself to comfort himself if he were to die the very next day. The thought of not being able to see the next sunrise would scare most people but to Luhan, it would be quite a blessing if this life as ‘Luhan’ would just end already. Maybe, he’d have a better life in his next one.

   His eyes were close as he inhaled the soft air and he only opened them to see the device in his hand.

  “Angel” That was written on the device and Luhan guessed it was the song playing. It was a soft melodic tune and the voice of the singers just came in perfect harmony.

  Luhan looked down yet again to see the floor and gave a soft sigh. It was time to return back to his hospital room before some nurses found him missing and start to panic but before the young man could turn around and leave, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him backwards. He fell on the floor, the impact made his headphones fell from his ears and all he heard was the familiar honey voice.

  “Are you insane??!” The voice shouts, and Luhan felt the pair of arms tighter around his tiny waist. Luhan turned around to see the familiar warm almond nut eyes staring in worry.

 

   “Maybe there will be someone to miss the day I’m gone….” Luhan’s heart spoke and a small smile formed on his lips for the very first time in years…

 



A/N : "Thanks for holding this competition and though I do not have high expectations for what I've wrote, I'm still looking forward to the results. Thanks a lot! <3 I hope everyone enjoys where the fic is going and Good Luck to the next runner~!"

 

By : DevilsNeverCry13