Run Away

Midnight Fantasies

❂ ~

Donghae groaned as he felt the first rays of sunlight beam on his face. Stretching, he winced at the pops of his stiff bones. He had fallen asleep in one of the uncomfortable hospital chairs. Ari was still asleep in his own hospital chair with his head resting on the bed. Donghae groaned as he rubbed his head. It still didn't feel well after the entire morph-into-orbs thing and then having to endure lying on a horse that Eunhyuk led through the woods not caring if there was a human with an extreme headache on the horse with him. Eventually Donghae had forced his mind awake. He was getting used to controlling his mind now hoping that kisses wouldn't be all that woke him up. Donghae had learned that it was the shock of being kissed added on by the physical contact.

"Does he really have to live with us?" Donghae's elf ears perked up once he heard Mrs. Lee's voice outside the hospital room complain.

"I'm not particularly fond of the idea either but he's just a kid." there was Mr. Lee's voice too. Donghae felt a lump form inside his throat as he held his breath edging closer to the doorway.

"Can't we find a way to get rid of him?"

"It's only for a while then we can send him back." Mr. Lee reasoned. Donghae tightened his fists around the hem of his baggy t-shirt.

They were going to get rid of him. He knew it. It would've happened eventually he should've ran away when he could. That was it, he was packing his bags and leaving. Families never kept him for over a week anyways. The moment he stepped into their family Donghae should've prepared himself to leave sooner or later. He sneaked back to his chair snatching up his bookbag that he luckily brought with him. Double-checking that all his belongings were in it he was just about to slip away when Mr. and Mrs. Lee entered the room and Donghae quickly sat back down in the chair stuffing the bookbag down beside his chair.

"Good morning Donghae-ah. We have an announcement to make." Mrs. Lee smiled as Kairi ran in from playing in the hallway and Ari groggily lifted his head also waking ChonChon up too. Donghae gripped the sides of his chair as he dreaded what was the come next. They were going to say something about him.

"We're going home today since Dad is feeling a lot better." Smiles immediately popped up on Kairi and Ari's face at the news. "So, let's get all packed up. Kairi, you'll come with me back to the hotel to get all our stuff and we'll start driving home." Mrs. Lee announced and they were both out the door. 

"Isn't it great DongDong? We're going home." Ari grinned while the blue orb bobbed on his shoulder. It seemed like he was mocking him. Did everyone know that they were going to get rid of him?

"Yeah, I'm going to see if they need any help okay? Stay here and watch your father and ChonChon." Donghae ordered with a gentle pat on the head. He figured it would be best if he left without the Spirit Orb. From what he learned last night there must be something mysterious with the orb. And if he was to run away then maybe leaving behind something attached to Sinro would keep him from returning to the place at night.

Ari nodded though he looked sad as he coaxed ChonChon over by his shoulder. Donghae smiled sadly, the little boy wasn't really bad company. The sixteen year old shook his head, he couldn't grow attached. Without looking back, he slung his bookbag over his shoulder and casually walked out the hospital room. Once he reached the end of the hallway, he immediately dashed to the elevator and away from the Lee family forever.

~***~

“Where am I?" Donghae muttered as he trudged around the streets of Seoul. Surely he would recognize some places from when he went shopping yesterday but he was completely lost now. He couldn't stop turning around in circles hoping he could find a place to stay for a while. If only he had brought ChonChon with him he wouldn't be too bored and confused at the moment. At least he would have someone to talk to. Suddenly, Donghae walked straight into someone while he was staring at the noisy streets.

"Are you okay?" a rather familiar voice asked causing Donghae to look up to see the familiar boy from the bus yesterday. He still wore the same outfit of black skinnies and a black shirt.

"Y-Yeah." Donghae mumbled trying to pretend like he didn't recognize him because that would be rather weird of him.

"So you're alone today?" the boy said casually as they began to walk together like they weren't strangers at all. Donghae was a bit taken back at how casual the boy was. He did remember him.

"Y-Yeah." Donghae mumbled again as he shifted his bookbag to a more comfortable position and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Running away isn't the best way to solve problems." the boy tilted his head back slightly before cocking his head to the side to flash Donghae a grin. Donghae gulped as he felt his heart skip a beat, not knowing if it was because the mysterious boy knew about his cowardly act or something else.

"I'm not running away." Donghae defended with a lie but the boy only smirked.

"Whatever you say." he shrugged and continued to follow Donghae around. Donghae however had no idea where he was going yet he kept walking hoping that the boy would just go away. He was acting all too comfortably around Donghae. Donghae was just not used to it.

"If you're lost you could come with me." the boy suddenly suggested making Donghae stop in his tracks and turn to face the boy.

"I am not selling my body to you or whatever messed up things you'll think of." Donghae was scared now, extremely scared. The boy looked about his age but he couldn't be sure if the boy was messed up or not. They held their gazes for a while staring at each other, Donghae with a stubborn face and the boy with a slightly amused one. Suddenly, the boy broke into laughs as he clutched his stomach doubling over.

"What did you think I was going to do to you!?" he laughed while Donghae blinked furiously. "Ah, you're a lot more interesting than I thought." he exclaimed making Donghae confused. The boy made it sound like they knew each other which was weird because the only other time Donghae has seen him was on the bus. Still laughing, the black haired boy continued to walk down the street with his head thrown back. Finally, have calmed down he turned back around with a straight face to see Donghae still in bewilderment.

"Are you coming or not?"

"I already told yo-"

"You don't have anywhere to go." the boy reasoned and Donghae couldn't disagree. He was indeed running away from the Lee family and was now homeless. Maybe following the stranger wasn't a completely great idea but he couldn't find any better ones. Unconciously, Donghae took a step forward and followed after the boy wondering if he could trust him.

"I'm Donghae." he introduced himself hoping he could get to know more about the person he was willing to trust.

"I know." 

"You know? How come?" Donghae blurted out feeling slightly frightened that the boy was so comfortable with him like they weren't strangers at all, like they've known each other for a long time.

"I'm Kyuhyun." the boy said ignoring Donghae's questions.

"How do you know me?" Donghae tried again.

"Secret."

~  ☪  ~

The field of grass was extremely soft once Donghae arrived. Falling asleep had been rather hard since he was rocked into his slumber by the night train. Kyuhyun, the mysterious boy, had managed to pull Donghae around the entire city of Seoul to end up at a train station around boarding a train around midnight. The boy, turns out, could possibly be trusted seeing he wasn't exactly rich himself. He told Donghae that he was going to visit some rich people he knew and would make them take Donghae. Kyuhyun seemed to have a lot of confidence that the people would accept Donghae which was odd.

"Come on, just let me touch your turtle!" Donghae turned to his right at hearing Eunhyuk's voice.

"No, such magestic creatures as my Ddangkoma must not be touched by the likes of such an unpure angel." Yesung snarled as he blocked Eunhyuk from his giant turtle who merely looked bored as it chomped on the grass. Eunhyuk who was stubborn as always wouldn't give up and wanted to just pet the turtle.

"You guys, really?" Donghae sighed as he walked over and gently petted the turtle's head. The turtle closed its eyes and leaned against Donghae's hand as it chewed its grass.

"Did you see that!? An unpure human just touched your magestic Ddangkoma!" Eunhyuk pointed out as he stared at the black haired Spirit.

"That's because my turtle likes him. It doesn't like you." Yesung explained matter-of-factly as he sat down on his turtle's shell.

"It's you who doesn't like me not the turtle."

"It's true, I don't like you either." Yesung nodded in agreement causing the guardian angel to fume. Trying to forget about how unfairly he had been treated, Eunhyuk turns to Donghae and pulls him away from the turtle. If he couldn't pet it then so couldn't he.

"Since you're finally here. I'm going to set out a plan to get you to the Death Mountains and to also get Yesung to his Master Hankyung." he explained as he sat down cross legged on the green grass. Donghae sat down too while Yesung got his turtle to move closer to the both of them to listen.

"Donghae, to get your dark magic lifted we have to go to the Death Mountains to meet Hankyung who is coincidentally Yesung's Master, the old Keeper of Spirits. It's like killing two fairies with one Teukie Arrow!" Eunhyuk beamed at how smart he was while Donghae only cocked his head to the side.

"It's killing two birds with one stone. And what's a Teukie Arrow?"

"I have never heard of that saying. Is that what you boring humans made up?" Donghae opened his mouth to argue but was cut off. "Anyways a Teukie Arrow is the Cupid's arrow from Leeteuk, you remember him. Because sometimes his love is so frighteningly horrifying to others, most creatures of Sinro joke around saying that it's deathly. But don't say that to his face because he will spend months getting you to fall in love with him." Eunhyuk explained as Donghae shuddered at the memory of the Angel of Love. It was embedded clearly in his mind. Leeteuk seemed nice and charming but once he isn't within ten feet of you, the affects wear off.

"Wait, stop. My Master is in the Death Mountains?" Yesung broke out with his face stone white.

"Yeah." Eunhyuk said slowly growing a bit scared of his face.

"The Death Mountains are associated with Hell. He has a deep, horrendous past with Heechul, he would never go to somewhere like the Death Mountains." the Spirit reasoned as he tore a handful of grass up and began to tear it into pieces nervously.

"We'll have to find out once we get there right?" Donghae said with a smile and got up ready to get on the move. Eunhyuk nodded and stood up too causing Yesung to come back to his senses also while he straightened up on his turtle. The angel moved to get his horse over when there was a panicked voice.

"Guys...I think I'm waking up already." Donghae said nervously as he rubbed his head. He was feeling extremely dizzy as if his mind was being torn into two parts. He looked down and his feet were beginning to disappear. Whenever he was to return to Earth, this was never the way. Donghae would always vanish as one altogether not particle by particle. This was too weird. Eunhyuk's eyes widened as he watched the human slowly dissolve. He couldn't do anything about it.

"Donghae, stay here. Stay here! Are you with me? Can you hear me?" he called in a panic as he grabbed Donghae's shoulders since his body was already gone. But it was too late, all too soon Donghae's head dissolved too. 

"I recognize that kind of magic. There was a spell that was casted on Donghae. It's a very old spell, part of the Rune Period of Sinro. Not many people can perform such a spell like that of a world swapping spell. Donghae didn't wake up. He was pulled out of Sinro, with magic." Yesung muttered as Eunhyuk turned to him with a grave expression.



panda: idk wut i just typed 0-0 im confusin myself how am i suppose to know wut to do gah dis is frustratin at times. i shuld just write wut i can understand myself OTL anyways its late so i wont ramble too much :) hope u guys enjoy this really confusing idk wtf just happened chap lol