The Tutor: Letting Go, Be Happy

The Tutor/Second Chance

Ha-eun

Mom ran out of the house screaming and yelling for my dad and me. We're in the garage packing up some equipment for the winery into the truck. I jump off the back and take off my gloves. Mom was crying in dad's arm.

"What's wrong?"

"Ye-eun was in a car accident."

----------

Her whole face was swollen and tubes were going in and out of her. On one side YoSeob and YoungGuk stood while the other side was left for my parents. I stood in the door way and look in. YoSeob said she was on her way to my parent's house. The room was too crowded so I turn around and wander off into the visitor lounge.

YoungGuk follow me out and sat down across from me. He didn't look like he was going to try and get me to listen to him again. It looks like he was mad at me.

"She was coming to talk to you." YoungGuk spoke as if I was to blame for the accident.

I nod.

"This could have been prevented. You could have picked up the phone. You could have forgiven her sooner. I know you're mad at me but you should have forgiven her."

"Are you serious right now?" I ask getting angry myself.

"Everything could have been prevented."

"Yeah it could. If you two didn't make that stupid plan to keep me away I wouldn't have been so angry with the two of you."

He sigh "You shouldn't have come back."

I stood up angry, how dare he tell me that! This was my home too not just hers. " you!" I swear at him and ran out.

Crying I fled to the elevators and went to the main lobby of the hospital to cry. My dad came and found me hours later to tell me she was awake. I wanted to go see her and make sure she was okay before I left but I didn't think I wanted to see her yet so I stay put in my chair and waited. YoungGuk was the first one to leave. We didn't talk to one another. YoSeob went home to grab some things and will come back later to spend the night. My parents were the only ones left.

I decided to go visit her when my dad went off to buy coffee and mom went to the restroom. We've been here for 13 hours. I knock on the door and enter the room. Ye-eun was dozing on and off. She sat up straighter when she saw me.

"How are you feeling?" I ask stopping at the foot of the bed.

"Horrible."

I took a deep breath and said what I came here to say. "I don't want to leave us like this. I hate that you did what you did to me. I understand why you did it but still it was not an excuse. I know you feel threaten by me but honestly you have no worries. I have nothing on you."

"I'm sorry Ha-eun." She whispers to me weakly.

"Me too."

"I talked with YoSeob and I see that I was wrong."

"I never had a chance with YoSeob you know. You didn't have to be so worried."

"I'm sorry."

"I know we will never have that sisterly love between us but no matter what we're still sisters. I never once thought I was better than you. When I first saw you I was amaze that someone so pretty existed. I wanted to be like you but then you didn't feel the same about me. You hated me and never wanted to play with me. After you left me to play by myself in the woods at the back of our house I finally gave in and stop following you. I started hating you as well. You thought I had everything but you never knew that you had so much more than I did. I only had my dad but you had YoungGuk, YoSeob and your mom. I was so envious."

"I'm sorry Ha-eun. I don't know how to make this right."

I stare at her batter and wounded and it hurt me so much to see her like this, even if I hated her still. "It's okay Ye-eun. You don't have to. I'll make it right."

"How?"

"I forgive you."

Without waiting to hear Ye-eun reply I headed out the door. Dad and mom was there listening in on us. I walk pass them and towards the elevator. I didn't feel like talking and I didn't think it was time to talk about this right now with Ye-eun in the hospital.

Later in the afternoon mom came into my room while I was packing and just stood there. I know she felt sorry for me but it was okay. I was okay. I spoke my feelings out and I was ready to go and find my own happiness. I walk over to her and hug her crying. I really thought of her as my mother and not one day did I disrespect her. I know she love my dad and she love me as well.

"Promise you'll call." She sobs into my shoulder.

"I will."

"And come home once in a while too."

"I'll try mom."

"I'm sorry about Ye-eun. I never thought you two would ever have troubles with each other. I never saw how lonely you felt."

"I had you and dad, I wasn't that lonely mom."

"I'm going to miss you Ha-eun."

"I'm going to miss you too mom."

 

YoungGuk

Ye-eun has been out of the hospital for a week already and she was getting better. Her mother invited everyone to dinner tonight. I wasn't ready to face Ha-eun yet but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to talk to her. We needed to talk and I had some major kissing to do if I ever want to be part of her life again. After going off on Ha-eun the other day at the hospital I realize I was wrong. I shouldn't have said those things to her. It wasn't her fault.

As I drove up to the house YoSeob and Ye-eun arrive as well. We enter the house together and got greeted by Mr. Park. I was sure he wanted to kill me but he just greeted us and then went back to his work in the garage. Mrs. Park was in the kitchen putting the last touches on her dishes. Ye-eun offered her assistance and helps carry the dishes to the table while YoSeob and I waited in our seats. Ye-eun sat down next to YoSeob and Mrs. Kim took her seat next to me.

"Where's Ha-eun?" Ye-eun asks looking around. "And dad?"

"Their not joining us."

Ye-eun looks at YoSeob worried but he assures her it was okay and asks. "Why not? I know there was a disagreement with Ye-eun and Ha-eun but we were hoping we talk it out. We don't want any family grudges."

Mrs. Park nod. "Ha-eun spoke about it and had voice out her feelings already with Ye-eun. After everything Ha-eun decided it was best to go find her own happiness elsewhere. She had forgiven everyone and just hopes the best for all."

"She left?" YoSeob ask surprised.

"Where?" I ask not believing she left.

Mrs. Park saw my worried expression and held my hand. "She said it was for the best and that you should move on as well."

! I'm too late.