Knocking on the door

Wireless

“Yun, what are you doing here?” 

 
“I wanted to say thanks.” He said quietly. 

 
“For what?” 

 
“You liked our cover...it means a lot to us.” 

 

“Anytime. So, is that all you wanted to say?” 

 

“Yeah,” Yun said before looking at her and suddenly taking notice of her beautiful milky skin and warm brown eyes, “I-I’ll see you later.” Yun then make a quick wave and made a speed walk down the hall. Hyun Ae scratched her head. That behavior seemed out of his character and furthermore, how did he know that she lived here? She had never told them about it when she first met them. 

Making her way back to her bedroom, she decided that it was better to just let it not get the best of her and go to sleep finally. There was school and other things more important to worry about.  

--- 

At the Ukiss dorm, AJ was still awake, spending quality time with his bandmates. Though they spent almost every second together, there was hardly anytime to just be themselves. It was always about them being on their best behavior and making sure not to say the "wrong" thing. Sometimes it got exhausting, but at the end of the day, they all loved what they were doing and they wouldn't change it for the world. 

"Okay, AJ, you need to not stare at her all day and put your phone away." Soohyun said as he put an arm around his shoulder. 

 

"I don't want anything bad to happen. What happens if she calls and needs me to be there with her?" 

 

"AJ, are you two dating? Or are you married to her? Are you two raising kids together? Stop worrying so much. You're going to stress yourself out if you keep worrying about her so much. It's a Saturday night. There's only three days left and then you can see her at school." 

 

"Three days?"  

 

"Just those. Come on AJ, let's get some sleep alright? You need to be well rested." Soohyun patted AJ on the back and ushered him to get up and head for his room. 

--- 

Hyun Ae woke up the next morning to the sound of knocking on her door. Letting out a half groan and sigh, she picked her self up. In case it would be her parents, she fixed her eyes and added light make-up, but left her tank-top and shorts on. Then, she shuffled toward the door, and opened it. 

 

"S-Should we have come back another time?" Hyun Ae let out a gasp and clutched her chest as she saw Sam and Yun standing before her. They both were red in the face and refused to make eye contact. 

 

"No, come in..." Hyun Ae replied quietly as she went back to her room. She didn't know how young men like them could get up at eight in the morning. It took her till at least twelve to feel ready for the day if it was a weekend...especially a Sunday. 

 

While Hyun Ae was getting dressed, the men waited quietly in the living area. Sam held back his curiosity and sat on the couch, while Yun placed his arms behind his back while he toured the place. He only moved about five feet before Hyun Ae emerged from her room. She wore a Ribbon-Striped top, peach colored shorts, and black gladiator sandals that had a beaded pattern on it. They had never seen her in something that short before, so this was new for them. Her milky legs were showing and they had definition to them. Her feet were small and only slightly bigger than a child's shoe. The two of them watched her, wondering if she was there fan, how could they have not noticed a girl like her there? 

"Yun? Sam? Is everything okay? You guys are looking at me strangely..." 

"Yeah, we're fine." Yun said quietly. 

"So, what did you guys come here for then?  

"Well, we need to ask a favor of you." Sam replied. 

"A favor?" 

"Our manager wants somebody who is a foreigner who is female to join the show.  Although you may be the same nationality, you grew up in the states which means you can speak perfect English and are technically a foreigner." 

 

"When would I do this and where at?" 

 

"In an hour...on a dating show."  

 

"On a what!?!" Hyun Ae exclaimed. 

 

"It's just a dating show! We're only guests for the week. Idols pair up with someone for one day, the next day, that's it. There's not any TV marriages that last for months. Just those two people on a date with the typical cameras. Please do this for us Hyun Ae? We can't promised that you'll get paired with one of us, but it'll really help our manager and save us some time!" 

 

"Fine...I'll do it." Hyun Ae replied, avoiding eye contact as Sam jumped up and hugged her. Yun mumbled a thanks and then they all left.   

--- 

"You didn't tell me about this!?! How could you guys not tell me!?!" AJ said, ruffling his hair in frustration as sat with Eli and Kevin in a waiting room. 

 

"It was mom's idea to put you in the show. We didn't even know about it until this morning when Eli and I got up to get ready." 

"I don't want to date anyone but-" A staff member came in and told the boys that AJ was on in two minutes.  

 

As he walked on stage, AJ turned to give s a look of worry and disapproval before taking his spot. He noticed that there were five chairs and what looked like to be five girls behind their own numbered walls. The MC informed everyone in the room that the girls would have their voices altered and would only be addressed by their numbers. AJ turned to see that two members of Lunafly were taking seats. One he knew was Yun, because he had kept himself aware of him ever since Hyun Ae mentioned him, the other, he guessed, was the leader Sam because he was mixed. 

 

Moments later, the other two males walked in the room. One was Roh Ji Hoon, and the other was Siwon of Super Junior. AJ had to admit, they were definitely keeping the interest of the audience. Each guy had their own strengths that made them different from the others. When they all got last minute touch-ups, the show began. 

 

"Hello! Welcome to this week's episode of One Shot Love! Today we have Siwon of Super Junior, Roh Ji Hoon, AJ of Ukiss who is as well a member of the sub-unit Ubeat, and finally, Sam and Yun of Lunafly! Please give them a warm welcome!" The audience all clapped, and then the MC made a quick smile and flipped her hair before continuing. 

 

"So, behind these numbered doors are five lovely girls! Now, here's how it works. A question will be asked and the girls will answer them in number order. Two will come from me, and the other questions are one from each of our bachelors! Once the questions have been answered, the bachelors will each pick a number that they like! If a number is not called, that lady will be eliminated. Then after the bachelors pick, we will have a final two questions and they will make their final choices! Are you ready? Let's go! Question one is...who is your favorite or top two artists and why?" 

 

"I like Big Bang because they're so cool! My second favorite would be Shinee. I like bands that always like to have fun." Door number one said. 

 

"I like Super Junior because of the songs. I think they have charisma." Door number two replied. 

 

"I like anything independent really. I don't dislike any of the big bands, but I think bands without a label have more to offer." Door number three said. 

 

"My favorite band? I don't know that I can say. I will say that I believe in them because of their hard work, patience, and humbleness. I also wouldn't mind paying with a large amount of money if it meant I could see them someday." Door number foursaid, earning a light chuckle from AJ. 

 

"It seems our bachelor AJ knows something. AJ, would you care to share?" 

 

"Door number four used the titles of Ukiss songs to express that she likes us rather than saying it directly." AJ replied, smiling at everyone around him. 

 

"Oh really? I didn't notice that! How clever of you, Door number four! Now, let's go to Door number five!" 

 

"I like a lot of bands! I'm a huge Kpop fan!" Door number five said. 

 

"Thank you ladies! Here's question two! Let's start with...number four since her answer was so clever last time! What is your current occupation?" 

 

"I'm a university student and I'm think of making a career out of something with a creative outlet like music, 2D art, or creative writing." Door number four answered. Yun and AJ suddenly became especially interested and both stared at the door. Sam was also interested, but wanted to find out which was going to be Hyun Ae. He definitely didn't want to be paired with number five because she sounded like the typical crazy fan girl. 

 

"Well, I'm a make-up artist in training! I just love doing all sorts of cool designs." Door number five replied. 

 

"I'm an actress. I've only been in a few television shows but I hope to make it bigger sometime soon." Door number one said. 

"I'm currently studying dance. I want to take up singing soon and maybe try for traning to become an idol myself." Door number two replied. 

 

"I'm a university student like number four, but I'm studying environmental science." 

 

"Thank you ladies! Okay, so now the boys can ask a question!" Siwon went first and asked about their ideal date. Roh Ji Hoon went after and asked about their favorite song, which got answers of songs from their biases or commonly said songs. Sam asked about their favorite place to travel. Number one said Tokyo, Two said China, Three said Brazil, Four said Amsterdam, bringing most of the attention to herself because of it was not usually used, and Five said she loved Korea more than anything but would have to pick Japan if she could pick one. 

 

Yun asked about their favorite instrument. Number one said the drums, Two said the keyboard, Three said the harp, Four said she had to have the cello and the guitar because they both had too great of sounds to forget, and Five said the electric guitar because it was cool. 

 

Finally, it was AJ's turn to ask. He stunned the majority of the room by asking, 

 

"What's your favorite piece of literature?"  AJ had been sitting for the whole time, thinking that an angel had been sent to help him because of number four. Obviously she didn't have the same voice currently, her answers were so much like Hyun Ae's. It was the same way she answered questions and if she said the same book, well, he knew it just had to be her. 

 

"I don't really read." Number five said. 

 

"I like anything by Steven King or The Vampire Diaries well enough." Number one replied. 

 

"I would have to say auto-biographies." Number two said. 

 

"I enjoy  Jodi Picoult." Number three said. 

 

"My favorite book? That's a difficult question. There's a book called Oryx and Crake which brings great Sci-fi, but if there's a book that can change your life and tell you why you should pursue your dreams, it's The Alchemist." 

 

"All right! The ladies have answered all the questions, so it's time for our bachelor's to pick a number. Hyun Ae suddenly became very nervous. The whole time she had been questioning how AJ had gotten on the show. She had not known that he'd be here! Not to mention, he was with both Sam and Yun. Would he be mad at her for doing this? Wait, he had no reason to be mad! It wasn't as if they were dating or something. Then again, maybe he didn't want her to be with other guys the same way she didn't want him to pick one of the other girls. Sure, numbers three and one seemed cool, but that didn't mean she would still allow it. 

 

"I pick number one." Roh Ji Hoon said. 

 

"I pick number two." Siwon said. 

 

"I'll go with number three." Sam replied, not sure if it was Hyun Ae, but decided to take a shot. 

 

Hyun Ae held her breath. So Sam didn’t pick her, but in his defense, he had come pretty close. Only AJ and Yun were left. If AJ hadn't seen through her answers, then she would be eliminated and he would be walking away on a date with another girl... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I hope you guys liked this update! It's sort of long, so I apologize for that. At least it's building drama though right?