-Chapter 2- Interest

Wireless

“My name is Kang Hyun Ae…I don’t mean to be rude, but how did you get here? This is a virtual reality room that my uncle built for me. Nobody is supposed to get in other than me.” Hyun Ae said in a soft voice while avoiding eye contact with the dark haired male who had spoke to her.

            “Our manager gave it to us. He said friend’s niece only used it every once in awhile. He must have been talking about you. He never mentioned that she was pretty.”

            “Teo, behave yourself.” The blonde replied as he smacked Teo on the head and then added, “I’m sorry, we should have made sure your uncle told you.”

            “It’s all right.”

            “So, Hyun Ae was it? That’s a pretty name. I’m Sam Carter, and the other man here with the dark brown hair is Yun.”

            “I know…I’m actually a Lukie…” Hyun Ae replied as she blushed from the sight of Yun. All three looked at her and got excited. They always loved meeting their fans. Teo noticed in particular that Yun kept looking at her while she wasn’t paying attention and decided to by commenting that he loved her choice of black leather jacket, ruffle top, blue skinny jeans, and red sneakers. He snickered when he finally earned a glare from Yun.

            “Hyun Ae, do you have a favorite song?” Teo asked he pulled up a chair for her to sit in between himself and Sam.

            “Well, I really like Super Hero and your cover of Mirrors.

            “How interesting…most girls just like our cover of the big stars like One Direction or Beiber.” Sam commented.

            “Do you have a bias in the band?” Teo asked, receiving a slap on the head from Sam again.

            "I would rather not say…”

            “Oh come on! You can tell us! We won’t dislike you! Besides, I have confidence that you like me. You don’t seem like the type to like half-British guys.”

            “Sam would be second place.” Hyun Ae said quietly. Sam nodded, content with his place, but Teo seemed excited and Yun appeared to be busy gazing off into the distance. Before they could ask her about who was number one, she got a call from her parents. She quickly bowed to them and left.

---

            When they were sure she was gone, Sam and Teo started conversing about the whole ordeal.

           “Did you see the way she looked at me Hyung? I’m sure it’s me. I knew she liked guys that were part giraffe. How could she not be attracted to a guy who eats a whole pizza slice in two bites?”

            “I hate to burst your bubble friend, but I think even if you are first, I could easily win over her if I wanted to. She got a really interesting air about her. I think she’s worth trying to meet again. Did she say where she goes to school?” Teo shrugged his shoulders in response.

            “She goes to Kyung Hee. Her uncle said it once when he was visiting the manager.” Yun interjected.

            “Kyung Hee? That’s a really good school…” Sam replied.

            “Wow, she’s pretty and smart.” Teo said while staring into space.

            “That’s for sure.”

            “Did you see the way Yun looked at her Hyung? I think someone has a crush.”

            “So what if I did? She’ll probably pick Sam Hyung anyway. Girls like her always go for foreigners…” Yun said as he stared into space.

            “You don’t know what she likes Yun. Besides, you know I’m just playing around. You both know I like girls who dress more girly. Though she is both of your types, there’s no reason why you should go ahead and eliminate yourself.”

            “I’m going to go practice.” Yun said as he walked out of the room through their exit. Sam and Teo got up soon after and left the room.

---

            Hyun Ae was sitting in the campus courtyard while reading, when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her.

            “I missed you.” They said as they hugged her and rested their head on her left shoulder.

            “It’s only been a day AJ! You aren’t forming separation anxiety on me are you?”

            “Maybe…” AJ replied as he inhaled her scent. She smelled like vanilla. It was so comforting and always made him feel relaxed when work stressed him out.

            “We should go to class.”

            “Nah, we can just stay here like this.”

            “Come on, I can’t be late.” Hyun Ae said as she turned her head to see the side of his face. He looked up at her and gave his famous kitty smile before closing his eyes. Then she heard him sit down and guide her to his lap so they were closer together.

            “AJ,” Hyun Ae pleaded, “We have to go.”

            “We have five minutes. So until then you can’t make me.” Hyun Ae had to admit that she like being this close to him, but she couldn’t afford to get a bad grade. With a sigh, she turned and kissed AJ on the cheek. He released her in shock and was frozen in place and could only watch her as she got up and started walking to class. He suddenly let his inner grin emerge and raced after Hyun Ae with his backpack swinging all over the place.

---

            AJ was glad that he didn’t have to go home and be alone because Hyun Ae had invited him over to do homework instead.

            “It’s a pleasure to see you again AJ.” The greeter said as AJ walked inside with Hyun Ae. As the two made their way across the lobby, they were spotted by her parents. The pairs only waved as Hyun Ae and AJ headed up the stairs.

            “Our daughter seems to have brought AJ again…” Her mother said.

            “And?”

          “Have you seen the way he looks at her? Honey, I think our daughter takes after you when it comes to love.”

            “Me? Haha, why do you say that?” Her father chuckled.

           “I was always hinting to you that I liked you by spending so much time with you and you never said anything. It took our friends to shove us in a closet for us to finally talk about it.”

            “Hyun Ae is a smart girl. I’m sure she’ll find her way whether it’s him or someone else.”

            Back upstairs, Hyun Ae and AJ were sitting on her big table, doing homework across from each other. Every once in awhile they’d look up while the other one was busy and then go back to their own task.

            Within an hour, they finished and decided they wanted to watch a movie. They had it pick randomly and it ended up choosing one of the more romantic movies. Though Hyun Ae and AJ were good friends, it was always awkward to watch these types of movies because you never quite knew how the other person really felt when the two of you had to watch a random actor pair make-out in front of you. Sometimes it was even more than that…

            During the “we act like we hate each other because we don’t know how to act” period, AJ moved next to Hyun Ae and thought that it was time for him to have a little fun so that they wouldn’t be bored. He leaned close to her and said,

            “Hyun Ae, you can hold onto me if you’re scared.”

            “This is a romance movie, what’s there to be scared about?”

            “You’re not going into denial on me are you? If I have separation anxiety, and you’re in denial, we’ll both be in trouble.”

            “Haha, I assure you I’m fine.” Before he could reply, he got a phone call.

            “Hello?”

            “AJ, Manager said we have to come out for a photo shoot tomorrow for our sub-unit.” Eli said.

            “But what about having tomorrow off?” AJ said as he gazed at Hyun Ae who was watching him.

            “They got you the notes and homework you’ll need already. I’m sorry Bro, I know you wanted to go to school. Or rather, you wanted to see a certain someone.

            “It’s okay, it’s not like I can say no anyway. I’ll see you tomorrow.” AJ replied before hanging up the phone.

            “They want you to go back to work?” Hyun Ae asked.

            “Yeah, let’s not worry about that though. We’ve got a movie to watch.” AJ said as he was prepared to watch the screen and saw Hyun Ae rest her head on his shoulder. Smiling into his other shoulder, he put his head on top of her’s and laced their hands.

            During the height of the romantic scene, Hyun Ae quietly said,

            “Hey AJ?”

            “Yeah?”

            “I think it’s okay if you have separation anxiety.”

            “Why do you say that?” AJ said as he glanced down at her.

            “I think I’m starting to feel it too…”

            “We’ll be okay Hyun Ae. You know I always find a way to call you.” Hyun Ae lifted her head up and placed her forehead on AJ’s. She looked into his eyes and felt a sense that he was almost holding her the same way as this morning. AJ looked back and was glad they had agreed to turn off the lights because his heart was beating rapidly which meant he was probably red in the face.

            “Are you okay AJ? You’re head feels hot.”

            “I’m doing fine. Stop worrying. If I were sick I’d take care of it.”

            “Stop trying to do everything for yourself. If you’re sick you come to me okay? I’ll take care of you.” Hyun Ae replied.

            “What if I’m sick in the heart?”

            “Then I’d take you to the hospital.”

            “I mean the abstract heart.”

            “Then I’d help you get over it. I mean, I don’t know what I could do being that I haven’t even been kissed before and nobody would want to kiss me, but my parents always said I seem to be able to understand others well.”

            “To some degree you can.” AJ said with a light chuckle.

            “Are you making fun of me?”

            “No, I just think there are some things you miss.”

            “Like what?” Hyun Ae asked as she searched him for an answer.

            “That’s for me to know and for you to find out.”

            “AJ, tell me!” Hyun Ae whined as they moved their heads back, but were sitting across from each other.”

            “Do you really want to know?”

            “Yes!”

            “You’re more beautiful than you may think you are. We always walk together and you never notice, but there are many guys who look at you walk by. I’m sure if you found a guy you liked, he would let you kiss him in a heartbeat and would think the world of it. Even if it was just a peck on the cheek.” AJ said he felt his heart beat increase again. Somehow she always did this to him.

            “That’s sweet of you to say.”

            “It’s the truth.”

            “You should try saying this to the girl you like. You’d probably charm her off her feet.”

            “She already knows deep down but doesn’t want to admit it.” They let the silence grow and when the moonlight appeared, it lit up AJ’s face. She could see his structured jaw line, his fairly full lips, his blonde hair, and his eyes which shifted to her and looked at her again. He had always been good looking but for some reason it was more extreme in this lighting.

            “AJ…can you close your eyes for a second?”

            “Why?”

            “Just for a second, I need to see something.”

            “Okay.” AJ closed his eyes and Hyun Ae moved closer. She took her hands on either side of his head and traced the details of his face.

            “Hyun Ae…what are you doing?” AJ asked with his eyes closed and right as she was going to trace across his lips, his eyes opened.

            “I was just looking at your face in the moonlight.”

            “Oh I see, well, do you like what you see?” AJ said as he wiggled his eyebrows and Hyun Ae playfully slapped him on the arm.

            “You’re so corny.”

            “Since you got to look at me, let me see you now.” AJ switched spots with her and as the light entered her face he could she her eyes start to sparkle.

            “Now, you close your eyes.” Hyun Ae obeyed and AJ found his eyes drifting to her lips. They were pink and full like he liked. Not too slim, but not so big that you could practically set a watermelon on them.

            He noticed that with the increase of his heart beat, he had dramatically slowed his breathing. He felt the urge to lean in and almost did so, if he wasn’t interrupted by another phone call.

            “Hello?” AJ answered, slightly annoyed this time.

            “You need to come to the dorm. Where are you?” Kevin asked.

            “I’m with Hyun Ae…”

            “Well you really need to come. We have to get up early tomorrow.”

            “I understand.” AJ hung up the phone and looked at Hyun Ae.

            “They want me to go home now since I have to get up really early.”

            “Okay.” The two of them got up and head toward the door. AJ and Hyun Ae stood there before embracing one another.

            “I’ll miss you and I’ll call you tomorrow.” AJ said into her hair.

            “I don’t want you to waste your time having to call me all the time. You can just text me.”

            “I can’t do that. I have to hear your voice…it’s what gets me through the day.”

            “So I guess it’s okay if I’m the same way.”

            “Of course.” AJ said as he looked at her face and cupped her face. He let his thumbs her cheeks slowly and watched her let out a weak smile. Taking every second he could, he put his forehead against her’s again and gazed at the eyes he knew so well.

             “Good night.” AJ whispered and moved away. Hyun Ae waited for a few second before opening the door, thinking he’d come back, but instead she saw a note on the floor with the ring of Cross-Fire next to it. The note read,

            If you pull gently on the ray pointing north, Cross-Fire will set itself up to add your voice to the voice-recognition. I want you to take it tomorrow and go do something fun. Even if it’s just getting ice cream, all that matter is that you’re happy. I’ll get it from you tomorrow night when I visit again.

            Yours Truly,

            AJ 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had enough time to do two chapters in one day, so hopefully that's a good enough update! Lunafly will make another appearence in the next chapter. Since they are a big focus afterall. I'll see you guys in the next update!