Fact or Fiction

Wireless

            Riding down the morning streets of Seoul, Hyun Ae decided that she wanted to stop by her favorite coffee shop. They always had a relaxing atmosphere and good music.

            When she got off Cross-Fire, she could hear music coming from inside the shop. It was Michael Bublé, her favorite English vocalist.

            So don’t higher, for desire.

                Put in your head, baby Hollywood is dead, you can find it in yourself.

            Only, there was a slight accent to it during certain parts. As she walked in the shop, Hyun Ae saw that the floral room with pastel color was accompanied by Lunafly on the tiny stage. All three of the members had holographic instruments. Yun and Sam had guitars, Teo had a drum set, and all three had their own microphones. When they finished the song, everyone clapped and the band took a break. Sam looked up from his place and smiled.

            “Hyun Ae, it’s nice to see you!”

            “I’m impressed with your cover.”

            “Thank you. Hey, do you want to sit?” Sam said as he quickly pulled a chair next to him. As if he were a dog with an extra sense, Teo lifted his head and rushed over to the other side and had a sudden energy explode from him. Yun sat quietly and played random melodies on the holographic guitar. He had looked up when Teo had run over, but he felt the inner desire to be one with the music so he chose to not acknowledge Hyun Ae.

            “So, Hyun Ae, did you come to hear us play?” Teo asked.

            “Your studio is sort of far from here right? How did you know about this place?”

“Sometimes we pick random places and Yun told heard from your uncle that this was a special place for his family.”

            “You came here…because of my family?”

            “Well not them, but more so-”

            “Teo, stop being so flirty.” Sam intervened, giving Teo a slight frown.

            “Hyung, I’m just trying to be friendly! Why do you always yell at me? Do you need to share something?”

            “I just don’t want Hyun Ae to be scared off okay? I want her to feel comfortable with us.”

            “I do feel comfortable. I don’t mean to start anything, but I agree with Teo that he is just being himself. So don’t be too hard on him.”

            “Well if you’re okay with it, then I’ll stop worrying about it.”

            “I’m going to get a coffee, I’ll be right back.” Hyun Ae said as she got up and approached the register. She walked up and noticed to her left that Yun was no longer there. She figured that he must have gone to the restroom or something so she ordered her iced coffee with caramel. Before she had the chance to pay, she heard a voice say behind her.

            “I’ll have the same thing as she is and will pay for them.” Hyun Ae turned and saw Yun behind her. She was surprised because most of the time he chose to not speak and always distanced himself from her. Yun went to sit down by Teo after the drinks were done and Hyun Ae silently carried her own, feeling lost and not sure how to approach the situation.

---

            “Welcome to Investigation Heart! We’re here with the amazing Ukiss!”

            “Hello, we are Ukiss!” The members all said with their official greeting followed by clapping.

            “Now, last week we have the lovely C-Clown, but this week we want to get to know Ukiss better! So let’s start with our powerhouse leader, Soohyun, shall we?” The interviewer asked him a few questions as well as asking a few of the other members before getting to AJ.

            “So, AJ, I’m sure Kissmes across the world want you know, what’s the update on your ideal type?”

            “Well, I still like someone who is smart. I’ve always said that she doesn’t have to be pretty to anyone except me and that’s still true. The only thing I would have to add is that she would have to be creative. I like girls who could work on writing stories while I’m composing music. The two of us could have dates like that, just making art together.” AJ said.

            “Do you have any female idol specifically in mind?”

            “Not at the moment, but I’ll be sure to let you know if I do.”

            “I also wanted to talk about your time at university. How did you enjoy America?”

            “It was amazing. I made a few friends and I even got to be closer to one of them after we came back to Korea together.” AJ said as he tried to not let his blush appear. The world didn’t need to know about Hyun Ae. Not yet anyway.

            “Oh, how interesting is that! Have any of the other members met this person?”

            “We all have seen a picture, but never met in person.” Kevin replied.

            “I hope we get to hear more stories in the future! It’s now time for us to show Ukiss’ new single!” Everyone announced the video title.

            The interview ended and Ukiss went to their break room. As AJ threw himself on one end of the couch, he was approached by the other members and teased about the fact that he was talking only about Hyun Ae during his questions. He sat there and took their actions because they would have probably made it worse if they knew she was out there with Cross-Fire.

            “AJ hyung, when do we get to meet her?” Dongho asked.

            “I don’t know if that’s a good idea. I want her to be able to go around town without problems.”

            “Come on! She could just come to a concert! If she’s a part of the crowd then nobody will even notice except us!”

            “He does have a point AJ.” Eli commented and the other members nodded.

            “I’ll think about it.”  s all sighed in defeat. There was nothing that would change his mind unless the idea came from his own brain.

---

            Evening came around, and Hyun Ae was sitting on her bean bag chair with a notebook and pencil in hand. She was scribbling away, when there was a knock on the door. She set her stuff down and went to answer the door. When she opened it, AJ hugged her like a crab’s vice grip. She would have nearly fallen from the force if he hadn’t been holding her.

            “AJ, what’s wrong?”

            “I didn’t get the chance to call you. My work got really busy.”

            “You don’t have to worry. It’s been only one day since we talked.”

            “One day for others is a week when I’m with you.”

            “You’re being cheesy again.” Hyun Ae replied as she gazed up at him when he let go of her. He made no response and looked back at her with a look that made her heart pound. What type of look was this? She had never noticed it before. It made her feel as if she were part of a world between just the two of them.

            “Have you eaten yet? I can make you something.” Hyun Ae said as she took hold of his hand and led him further into the suite. AJ flipped the lights off and let his blush that had been bottled up escape and spread over his face.

            “It’s alright; I ate before coming over here. I just want to be with you.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “I’m positive. Come on, let’s watch a movie.” AJ led them to her couch and they picked the movie off of a random selection. It was a horror movie which Hyun Ae didn’t mind for the most part, but the scary moments were sometimes too much. The one they watched seemed to follow the formula in the beginning, but then the scary moments came too quickly. Hyun Ae felt herself moved under AJ’s arm. She hugged him around the waist. Not wanting to risk saying the wrong thing, he only let a smile appear for a split second before gently her head.

            The movie ended, and Hyun Ae was still holding onto AJ. They both seemed to be silent, just listening to the other person breathe.

            “Hey AJ, you listen to Kpop right?”

            “Yeah, why do you ask?”

            “I’ve never told anyone, but one of my favorite bands is Lunafly. I saw them today at the coffee shop I always go to.”

            “You did? Why were they all the way out here?” AJ asked.

            “My uncle told Yun about it. Those guys are certainly one of a kind.”

            “So, you’ve been a Kpop fan for awhile?”

            “Yeah…I guess I might as well tell you the truth, but AJ, just know that what I’m about to say is because I thought it was the best thing to do.” Hyun Ae felt him move away from her and stare at her, pressing her to continue.

            “I’ve known that you were in Ukiss since I met you. I’ve been a Kissme for two years. I never said anything because I thought it was better for our friendship to not have the start of idol and fan. I didn’t want you to think that I was talking to you because of that. To me you’ve always been just AJ, not the idol. You’ve been my closest friend…” Hyun Ae looked for an answer, but he was still slient. Then after a minute, he finally said,

            “I chose to keep it from you for the same reason. I am upset that you lied to me, but obviously I’m not much better. That all being said, I’ve come to cherish you as a special person in my life. I’m glad that you and I got to know each other to a point where we can be honest. Let’s not let this hurt us okay?”

            “Okay…oh, by the way, I have this for you.” Hyun Ae took the chain on her neck off and opened the link to give Cross-Fire back to AJ.

            “Thank you.” AJ replied before leaning forward to kiss her on the head.  

            “I could have just taken a bus you know. It’s not safe to trust somebody else with a bike like that.”

            “You’re not just anybody to me. Even if the bike had been messed up, it would mean nothing to me if its destruction kept you safe.”

            “Shouldn’t you go back to the dorm now? The others must be worried about you.”

            “They know where I am. They know that I always try to stay out longer when I’m here.”

            “I want you to go and get sleep AJ. You have another busy schedule tomorrow.” AJ nodded and after they said goodbye, he left. An hour passed, and as Hyun Ae was going to prepare for bed, there was another knock on the door. Hyun Ae rolled her eyes and made her way over.

            “Seriously, you need to-” Hyun Ae said as she opened the door but froze when she saw the other person. The person before her was not who she expected…at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry that this took me awhile! I have a test soon so the rest of this week is going to be preparing for that which is exactly a week from today. I hope you enjoyed the update!