Krismas

Living Paradise

*Christmas*

“Hyuna-ah!” goes a to cheerful voice through my sleep. Soft shaking and what seems to be singing grabs my attention. I slowly open my eyes and find myself looking at some kind of animal that looks like Misun.

 

“What are you wearing?” I question Misun as I eye her “costume.”

 

“I'm a cute reindeer, Hyuna-ah” Misun informs, but she isn't making any sense.

 

“Zico-oppa is catholic. Umma and I thought it would be cool if we put up a Christmas tree, sung some songs and bought each other gifts” she squeals at the last part. She uncovers me and grabs my hand.

 

“Come on, it's getting late” Misun tells me as she drags me out of bed. When we make it downstairs I find the whole family decorating a real pine, Christmas tree. Lights, ornaments, and candy canes on the floor. The living room looked like a Christmas commercial had vomited overnight. I am plotting to head back upstairs when I spot Zico in a ugly Christmas sweater. I can't help but burst out in laughs.

 

Everyone turns to look at me.

 

“Merry Christmas Hyuna-ah” everyone calls all to merry.

 

“Nice pjs” Zico says commenting on my nightwear. I roll my eyes.

 

“Nice sweater” I reply with a hint of laughter.

 

I just want to keep my distance. I exit the living room and enter the kitchen, wanting to be alone.

 

But all is interrupted when Misun enters with Zico, her hand leading his. I cringe slightly at this.

 

“I looked up this recipe we can use to make Christmas cookies, and we can decorate them” Misun says as Zico starts putting on a apron.

 

This is all ridiculous. Misun and Zico are starting to take out the ingredients while I just stand there. It feels more like I'm the foster child right now. I quickly begin to exit, I am almost at the door when he embraces me from behind.

 

“Hyuna, come on stay” is all he says.

 

His voice sweet, something I never heard before. I turn around and look into his eyes. The same clear black I saw the day he feed me rice cakes. There is something inside of me that wants me to stay.

 

I nod and turn back into the kitchen

 

XXX

“Which movie should we watch?” Misun asks earnestly.

 

I look up at the movie listings. All I see is Star Wars and bunch of other foreign movies. The listings are nowhere in my preferences. I am ready to make another unsuccessful exit when Zico announces.

 

“Star Wars is my galaxy!” he is already at the front of the line, completely unstopped by the other movie goers. I sigh as Misun once again drags me behind her.

 

Never will I again agree to go anywhere with irrational people.

 

XXX

 

“The movie was amazing!” Misun explodes with excitement. “I need to watch all of them!” Misun emphasizes her new found interest.

 

“Told you so” Zico says giving her a smile I know melts her heart.

 

They continue to talk about the movie all the way home. Leaving me out. I did enjoy the movie but I would never admit.

 

We make it all the way home. I was completely ignored the whole time.

 

“I'm going to wash up” I muttered.

 

I make my way upstairs to wash up. I splash cold water on my face. Today was different, almost like I was a regular person.

 

“I had fun today” I hear a female voice down the hall say.

 

“It's of the best christmas I've had” a male voice replies.

 

I open the door slightly and see Zico and Misun standing outside Misun's room.

 

“Wait a second I got you something” Misun enters into her room. Zico like on cue enters his. They both return with wrapped presents in their hands.

 

“I got you this oppa, I hope you like it. I even looked up how to gift wrap” Misun tells Zico with a big smile on her face.

 

“I also thought you would like a present so I got you this. I hope you like it and wear it” Zico says sweetly.

 

They exchange the presents, I can't take anymore of this bull. I open the bathroom door wide open and make my way to my room. I open the door and shut it. I keep the lights off and lay down face down.

 

“Night unni” Misun calls. I irately growl.


I really have a problem with going MIA. I hope for next year I will be better at updating. Happy holidays!