The Playwright is a Player

Mach

The sun had set less than twenty minutes ago but the young kids had just started making their way home. One could say that friday was one of the busier days for the shop, adding the fact that it was summertime. Although the time was the same, the day felt stretched and maxed out. There were just too many hours in the day, too many customers, and way too much drama. Eun Jung finally closed up shop and started to head upstairs when she heard a knock on the door. Turning around to see who it was, she found the signature smirk of the one and only Jang Woo. She sighed looking tiredly at the tray of dishes on the counter. 

Did she really have the energy to deal with that ahjusshi now? 

Jang Woo tapped on the window again, giving her a smile as he revealed the hidden bag of doughnuts from behind him. Eun Jung took that as peace offering and took her time opening the door.

"I'm glad you opened the door." He smiled down at her before taking his seat at the counter." I was beginning to think you weren't going to let me in."

Eun Jung scoffed at him before reaching for the Doughtnuts. "I let you in because I like doughnuts." She raised a powder doughnut to her lips before sticking her tounge out a him playfully. Eun Jung couldn't wait to eat it, she hadn't had a doughnut since before she got her heart surgery. She missed the sweet surgery bliss that came with junk food. Opening she went to take a bite and found nothing there.  Eun Jung looked down to find her beloved doughnut on the tiled floor, harshly scorned by the five second rule. 

"Yah!" She hit Jang Woo's arm.

"Yah! Pabo, those are from the trash!" Jangwoo began to laugh hysterically.

"Mwoh?" She hit him again.

" You actually think I could afford doughnuts?" He was practically howling now. "Baeksoo salam!"

Eun Jung got up and headed for her tray of dishes. Jangwoo followed her closely.

"Yah, Baeksoo, if you're going to stay you're going to work." She shoved the dishes towards him.

"Ani, I'll only be here for a minute." He smiled down at her again. This time Eun Jung could feel the blush creeping up behind her cheeks. She took a step back and ran into the broom accidently knocking it over.

" Is-is it hot in here?" She asked nervously stepping around Jang Woo to get out of his line of sight.

"I feel fine." JangWoo replied taking a seat on empty counter space.

Seems like i'm the only one who feels hot...better put an end to this RIGHT now.

" Uh, wheres Hyomin?" Eun Jung tried to spring back back but it was too late, both of them could tell something was off about her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah..."

"..."

"I'm FINE." 

" Okay...."

"So?"

"So What?"

" HYOMIN!" Eun Jung rubbed the sore spot on her head. " Where's HYOMIN?"

"She's working on the costumes."

" Oh, you're doing a new play?"

"Yeah." Jang Woo got off the counter and helped the girl stack the dishes into their seperate catagories. They did this for a while before either talked again. The atmosphere had grown so weird with just the two of them being there. the awkward silence was growing so thick the two didn't hear the visitor that came in and sat a the counter.

"Excuse me, miss?" A guy's voice called from the counter.

Eun Jung turned around " Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't here you come in. what can I get for you?"

The young man was wearing very trendy clothes, and his hair was dyed light brown like an idol singer. His brows furrowed and he took an obvious gulp. Overall the poor fellow looked very tired.

" Has you seen this guy? " he unlocked his phone and brought up a picture.

Eun Jung's eyes furrowed although the haircut and glasses did a good job of disgusing him, she could tell deep down inside that this was Taecyeon. She glanced at Jangwoo who seemed puzzled.

" Never seen him before." He shrugged and turned back to the dishes. The young man tunred his full attention back to Eun Jung as if the world depended on her answer.

" Uhmm..." She started. She was nervous, she had no idea who this guy was. What if he was one of those saesang fans that track their idols down and torture them ?

" Uhmm..." the bell to the front door dinged signaling another costumer. Ji Eun  stood at the door ing her jacket.

" Unnie, I'm back." She glanced at the counter then did a double take.

"Woo Young Oppa?" she waited for the boy at the counter to turn around.

" Yeah?"

" Goodness gracious." was all she could say before she passed out.

 


I know this chapter is a little short but what the hay? it's almost saturday. I'll be updating regularly so more taecjung nichjung woojung goodness to coooooommmmmee.

Please comment if you like it, i'll never know what you like unless you do...

oh oh oh oh-oh oh oh oh oh-oh I can do it acapella. -Karmin