Epilogue

Are you scared?

 

 

 

 

 

 

                Luhan slept in Sehun’s bedroom every night but his family hadn’t noticed anything. For a few days, he didn’t tell anyone Luhan was there – except Kyungsoo, of course. But Sehun had still kept his secret the first day – and he had even skipped school and pretended to be sick just to be able to spend the whole day with Luhan.

                “So you’re Luhan… You don’t even know how much Sehun talked to me about you,” Kyungsoo said softly when he met the blonde boy. “You’re really a ghost?” he asked with a smile. Luhan laughed joyfully. He breathed in and Sehun smiled at him. He really liked breathing.

                “Yes, I’m Luhan,” Luhan said. “But I’m not exactly a ghost – not anymore.”

                Kyungsoo had an indescriptible smile but he didn’t reply. “I didn’t lie,” Sehun said. “He was one. He – he changed, that’s all. I didn’t lie!”

                “I know!” Kyungsoo said, bursting out laughing. “That’s true you, don’t exactly look like a ghost though,” he went on, turning towards Luhan. “But you seem different. Oh, by the way, I saw your flute. How does it work?” he asked with curiousity. Luhan smiled mischievously.

                “That’s a secret, sorry,” he answered, giggling.

                Just before they parted in the end of the afternoon, Kyungsoo whispered something to Luhan that Sehun didn’t hear. “He really loves you, you know,” he said. Luhan smiled peacefully and didn’t answer.

                “What did you say?” Sehun asked. Luhan raised his eyebrows innocently and shook his head. The dark-haired boy didn’t try to get an answer from him; he laughed happily. With a radiant beam, Kyungsoo said goodbye and stepped outside the Oh family’s house.

                “Kyungsoo!” Sehun called when the small boy was a few feet away. Kyungsoo turned around and stopped. “How is it going with Jongin?” Sehun asked enthusiastically. His friend grinned and walked towards Luhan and him again.

                “Great, thanks,” he answered, his cheeks flushing a little. “He’s…wonderful.”

                Luhan smiled. “Is Jongin your boyfriend?” he asked. Kyungsoo nodded. “Then he’s a lucky guy,” the blonde-haired boy said softly. Sehun pretended to pout and Luhan laughed at his face. “Don’t worry, I’m lucky to have you,” he whispered in his ear. Sehun felt a thrill travel down his spine. Kyungsoo chuckled as the dark-haired boy swallowed hard, and waved them goodbye.

                After Sehun closed the door, Luhan bent towards him and kissed him gently. Sehun closed his eyes. He had missed Luhan’s lips so much that every time they brushed his mouth, his cheek or any part of his body, something in his heart seemed to bloom again and again.

                He wrapped his arms around the small boy’s waist and brought him closer. Fresh hands were cupping his face. A step backwards, and he could lean with his back against the wall, Luhan’s body pressing softly against his own. Several minutes went by, slowly and pleasantly.

                “Hey,” the blonde boy whispered at last, a twinkle in his eyes. “When are your parents coming back from work, today?”

                Sehun blinked several times, fascinated by Luhan’s pupils. “Late, I – I think,” he stammered. The smaller boy had a mischievous smile. He grabbed Sehun’s wrist and, laughing brightly, dragged him upstairs to the bedroom.

                They closed the door.

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                Their bodies had merged perfectly, like two pieces of a puzzle, as if they were made for each other. Sehun had made Luhan remember what heat was, what all these physical sensations were. And of course, it was wonderful. And truly human.

                Sehun had never thought he could witness one day something as amazing and gorgeous as Luhan’s smile when their kiss had become more heated than usual, something as wonderful as the way he had whispered and moaned and screamed his name again and again and again.

                He opened his eyes slowly. And what he saw then was one of the most beautiful things he’d even seen. Shiny hair that looked like honey, pale skin and long eyelashes. Closed eyes. Closed eyes that could be so dark and strong but that were now making the blonde boy seem innocent and vulnerable.

                He smiled. Luhan was incredibly pretty when he was asleep. But the slight brush of Sehun’s lips against his forehead was enough to wake him up. He blinked. His black pupils were staring into Sehun’s soul again. The dark-haired boy got out of his depth for a split second. But then, as soft beam formed on Luhan’s lips, he couldn’t help but smile back.

                “Are you cold?” he asked in a whisper. Luhan shook his head. It was strange but really pleasant; Sehun was aware of every inch of the petite boy’s skin touching his own. His chest, his soft lower stomach, his slim arms, his legs… Their fingers were entangled like thin ropes – the knot was tight and solid.

                “I don’t think I’ve ever loved anyone as much as I love you,” Luhan said very low all of a sudden. Sehun felt his heart grow wings and fly in circles inside all his chest before exploding into a thousand of colourful fireworks. He snuggled even closed against the blonde boy. He loved his smell of honeysuckle.

                “I’m so happy to be with you,” he whispered. Luhan kissed him tenderly and smiled.

                “I’m going to ruin the atmosphere, but…” he began. Sehun raised his eyebrows. “You know…the way I died,” Luhan said.

                “Oh.”

                “Yeah, well – I thought we could talk about serious things now, as we’re in peace, and – oh, are you sure you still want to know? I don’t really mind telling you, and I think you deserve it now, though that’s…”

                “Tell me,” Sehun replied. “I want to know.”

                Luhan’s eyes turned into two crescents as he smiled lovingly, before they became wide and round and black again. “I committed suicide,” he whispered quietly.

                Sehun’s heart skipped a beat. He let out a devastated ‘oh…’ and looked down, feeling amazingly sad. So that was why Luhan didn’t want to tell him before… Sehun didn’t know why had done this, and actually, he was even afraid to know. Why? Why did such a lovely thing as him decided to put an end to his life?

                However, Luhan put a gentle index under the young boy’s chin. “There’s no need to be sad anymore,” he said softly. Sehun couldn’t speak but when he met Luhan’s eyes, the question ‘why?’ was written all over his face. Why did you do such a thing?...

                “I was selfish,” Luhan said, shaking his head. “Horribly selfish. I couldn’t bear living anymore, so I decided to stop everything by killing myself, without thinking about the consequences and the ones I left behind. That was…horrible of me, and I still feel bad about it. But don’t be sad,” he whispered when Sehun’s eyes started to water.

                The young boy shook his head sheepishly, avoiding his eyes. “The ones you left behind…” he whispered. So Luhan had already left people once before he left Sehun.

                “Yes,” Luhan replied, looking bitter and sorry. “Your grandmother was…”

                “You knew my grandmother?!” Sehun exclaimed, surprised. Luhan’s lips curled up a little dreamily and he nodded.

                “You didn’t wonder why I lived there?” he said. “Your grandmother used to lodge me. We met a few years after her husband died. She was fourty years old and I was fifteen. We… (He stopped speaking for a few seconds. Sehun could feel a lump in his throat. Luhan seemed genuinely sad…) I can’t tell you everything, but I – I loved her. And – ”

                Sehun cut him, “What happened? Why – ”

                “Shh,” Luhan whispered. “Let me talk, okay? I stayed with her for several years. And as you know, when I was about twenty… I died. I left her. She was alone, Sehun. And that’s what I feel the most sorry about.”

                The dark-haired boy hugged him clumsily, tears gathering in his eyes. "But why...why did you?..."

               "Because I had the feeling that I had taken your grandfather's place," Luhan whispered. Sehun didn't reply and gazed at him vacantly. "We still could see each other after I died, but it was never the same again,” Luhan carried on. “I don’t… She – she was… (He laughed sadly and sighed.) Eventually, she passed away. But she didn’t come back like me. Because she had died the right way.”

                 “Do you mean – do you mean that you died the wrong way?” Sehun said. “Is it the reason why you became a ghost?” he asked weakly. Luhan had a small smile.

                “Yes, probably,” he answered. Sehun was sad now. Yet barely five minutes before, he’d been feeling happier than ever. He almost wanted to go back in time to tell Luhan he actually didn’t want to know the way he’d died. But fresh lips came brush his own. “Let’s talk about something happy, okay?” Luhan offered. Sehun nodded.

                “Thanks,” he said, kissing him back. “I know that’s not very original and all, but…I love you.”

                Luhan rested his hand on the dark-haired boy’s cheek and it. “I love you too,” he replied. Then he smiled. “What if you introduced me to your parents tonight?” he said. Sehun chuckled.

                “Of course,” he answered. But then he thought about his brother. “But then there will be this …” he muttered without even realising he had talked out loud. Luhan burst out laughing.

                “Sehyun, right?” he said. “Well… If he says anything bad, tell him you know that he’s been trying to seduce Kwon Yuri during the whole holidays and that he failed miserably!”

                Sehun opened his eyes wide. “So that’s what he was doing all the time…” he said. “You knew it…”

                Luhan nodded, mischievous. “Yes, he spent a lot of time with a group of friends, and there was this girl, who lived at the village, Yuri… Well…” he giggled. Sehun chuckled.

                “I’ll make sure he never forgets that,” he said, seriously determined. Luhan pretended to look at him reproachfully but laughed. “Come on, I think we’ll be having dinner soon. Time to say hello to my parents,” Sehun said.

                “Maybe…maybe we should have a shower first,” Luhan replied with a cute giggle. Sehun blushed but he agreed.

                Water flew over their bodies for several minutes, gentle and warm; grapefruit soap and mandarine shampoo. Sweet soothing words were whispered in the ear, soft caresses exchanged. Then Sehun’s mother called, “Sehun, could you come here, please?”

                Sehun finished drying Luhan’s hair with a towel and answered her – yes, he was coming at once. He had lent Luhan one of his shirts and one of his slightly too small pair of jeans, hoping his parents wouldn’t notice it.

                And they went downstairs. Sehun’s parents both were in the kitchen. “Em, Mum, Dad…” Sehun began. Mrs Oh turned around and she beamed when she saw Luhan.

                “Oh, hello boys! Sehun, really, you should’ve told me you had invited a friend. I hope you’ll stay for dinner,” she added to Luhan. “What’s your name, young man?” she asked. Luhan was about to answer but Sehun beat him to it.

                “His name is Luhan. He’s my boyfriend,” he said, very serious. He looked at his mother then at his father defiantly, daring them to say anything. Though his parents grinned.

                “But that’s great!” Mr Oh said joyfully. “Hi Luhan, then.”

                Luhan beamed and shook his hand with enthusiasm. Sehun was amazed. Even Sehyun didn’t say anything wrong when he met Luhan a while after.

                “Well, we’re glad to have met you, Luhan,” Mr Oh said, smiling as Luhan stepped out of the house several hours later. Luhan grinned.

                “My pleasure,” he replied. He bowed, and stapped out of the house. Sehun tried not to burst out laughing, because the situation was actually hilarious. His parents believed Luhan had left yet the blonde boy would sleep in Sehun’s very bedroom that night again. Yes, fortunately, Luhan could still climb to the walls, which was very useful to help him reach Sehun’s window.

                Sehun briefly talked with his parents then said he was tired and headed to his room. Pyjamas, toothbrush, toothpaste, toilets, bed. Luhan tapped against the window. Sehun got up, rushed to it and opened it. “What kept you so long?” he asked. Luhan laughed.

                “I went a little around in the streets and I saw a car that was the same model as the one I used to own. Funny, isn’t it?”

                Sehun chuckled. The blonde boy discreetely followed the same ‘way’ as Sehun: pyjamas (he used Sehun’s), toothbrush, toothpaste, toilets. Silently. Sehun’s family didn’t notice anything. And finally both boys were in bed.

                “Hey, I can’t have lunch and dinner here everyday, your parents would notice…” Luhan whispered. “I’ll have to find an apartment and – oh my God.”

                “What?” Sehun asked. He had never heard Luhan swear.

                “I don’t exist, Sehun. I’m supposed to be dead,” Luhan replied slowly. It took Sehun several minutes to understand what the blonde boy meant. He was dead… At least, supposed to be. That meant – that meant no money, no papers, nothing. He couldn’t get a job, nor could he buy an apartment. But…

                But he was human! They could perfectly manage.

                “I turned eighteen the other day, remember?” Sehun said bravely with gentleness. “I’ll find us a place, okay? For the moment we’ll stay here though. We’ll lay in provisions of food in the bedroom,” he laughed. He was already making movies in his head. Luhan would be having showers as the same time as him so that he would be unnoticed…

                “Hey, we’ll think about it tomorrow, okay?” Luhan giggled. “I’m tired, that feels weird,” he said, yawning. Sehun laughed and kissed him softly before wrapping the bed sheets around both their bodies.

                “Goodnight,” he whispered.

                “I love you,” they said simultaneously.

                Sehun closed his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N: Here, the end! 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

I had said I would maybe add another chapter on top of this one, but...no.

I wanted to write more of this story because I felt like Luhan's character - and also Sehun's grandmother's - could have been described more precisely, but as I started posting the first chapter when I had already almost finished the epilogue... It was hard adding more things to the story. Sorry for the ones I had told that I would write more...

Though I really enjoyed writing the scary parts, and also the fluff (probably because that's the only thing I can do...write cheesy and cute things x'D)!

Anyway, I hope you liked it (and the music too!). Thank you very much for reading, subscribing and commenting. I love you ♥

 

 

 

EDIT: I edited a little part of this chapter, because it was necessary. Sorry and thanks ^^'