4

love adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italic = flashback

 

 



“Hey! Split it out.” Donghae said out of the blue when they both settled down on a bench.

“Huh?” Eunhyuk looked confusedly at him. His eyes were meeting with Donghae’s eyes. In a second, he then turn away instantly, avoiding looking straight at the brunette eyes. He worried that Donghae could easily reads him if their eyes meet, because Eunhyuk know that even he didn’t open his mouth but his eyes can convey everything. That’s what Jihoon had once told him. So, he doesn’t want Donghae to read his eyes. But… Donghae is not Jihoon. Donghae is just a stranger that he just meets. So, no way Donghae can understand him like Jihoon did.

“Just split it out. I know something bothering you.”

“W-what you m-mean? I… I don’t understand you.”

“You know what? You’re so easy to be read at. Your smile just now is totally different from the smile that I once seen on the plane.”

Silence fell in between them.

“So, what’s wrong?” Donghae takes the initiative again to bring them out of the awkward silence.

Eunhyuk still keeps the silence within him for a moment still. He lowered his head down, try hard to immerse his feeling so it will be invisible and can’t be read anymore. He hopes so. While the brunette also decided to give the other some more time and not pushing him to the corner. Maybe he’s not the right person for Eunhyuk to express his feeling because he realize that they were just barely meet and still not knowing much about each other. So he can’t push him too much, or else he will scare him. If that happen he’s got the feeling that Eunhyuk would surely avoided him even more and he don’t want that to happen.

“I’m going back to Toronto tomorrow….” Eunhyuk then slowly broke the long silence between them.

“What you mean?” Donghae stare deeply at the man beside him. “Why? Are you already giving up now?” His voice sound so serious and it also sounded like a yell. Well, he relief that finally Eunhyuk decided to talk with him again, but the sentences that come out through those plump lips are quite surprising him. So, Donghae can’t control his tone level at that time. He's just little bit shocked.

“I’m not b…”

“You’ve not even start searching for him yet, but already giving up!” Donghae cut him before he can’t explain more. “I never thought that you’re a man that gives up so easily without a fight!”

“No I’m not….” Eunhyuk whispered slowly, almost not audible. He bit his lower lips, hoping that it would prevent the tears from flowing again. He already tired because of crying. Really tired… that he felt his tears have already dried… no more left. “I’m not giving up…” unconsciously his tears still slowly flowing down and his voice almost... almost cracked. The tears fall on the ground and immediately being absorbed by the soil, leaving no trace.

Not realize about it, Donghae then quickly added. “Not giving up?? Going back without searching for him!! Is that what you called ‘not giving up’?? Are you traveled this far only to just give up? Why you succumbed before the fight? Where’s the spirit that you showed to me on the plane? Where did it….”

“He doesn't want me!” Eunhyuk's voice raised little bit, cuts Donghae words. Now his voice already cracked. Donghae shocked; not because Eunhyuk yelled at him, but because of what Eunhyuk mean behind his words. “I don’t wanna give up… But what should I do when he said he don’t want me anymore? What should I do when he asked me not to call him anymore? What should… I do when he said I’m… not worthy for him anymore? Our relation is not worth for him.” Eunhyuk’s voice tone becomes lower and lower and barely audible at the last part. His tears already flowing hard on his cheeks. For the first time he felt so worthless... useless. For the first time he felt heart-broken.

And now he got the courage to stare back at Donghae’s still-surprised eyes, waiting for his answered. “You tell me, what should I do?” He continues and lowered his head down again.

There’s a suppressed sobbing that can be heard by now, when Eunhyuk already started to calm down. “I… I’m s-sorry for being insensitive person.” Donghae slowly whispered.

“That’s okay.” Eunhyuk wiped his last tears away and flash a quick smile to Donghae. “It’s... not yo... your fault, to... b-begin with...” Eunhyuk said and suddenly caught the hiccups. “Oh God..., I ha... hate every time... this happened.” He groaned annoyingly.

Donghae suddenly stand up from the bench. Eunhyuk look at him confusedly. “W-wait a minute.” He stammered, then runs towards somewhere and Eunhyuk frowned at the sudden action but his eyes followed the brunette’s steps until he disappeared.

“I should not act like that in front him. Now, I guess he will think that I’m such a cry-baby and weak person.” He mumbled slowly and sighed deeply. “Should I go first or wait for him? But I don’t know how to go back to the hotel." He sighed again and felt hopeless by now. Always need to depend on people. He felt really hopeless. Maybe this is the reason why he is not worthy to anyone.

While waiting for the brunette to return, Eunhyuk doodle some random things on the ground using his feet. After finish doodle one thing, he would brushed them off and draw another thing again. Still hiccuping. He keeps on waiting and doodling on the ground at the same until there’s a pair of leg step on them. He frowned little bit when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter