Saturday Bonding Session Catastrophe

I Don't Have The Heart

*** [A/N] Some chapters might confuse you. Please be aware that the beginning chapters are consist of FLASHBACKS...  Enjoy reading and thanks for taking the time. (^_-)v

 

=FLASHBACK=
 

"Message sent!" Dara smiled as she stretched out her arms and groaned.

She just sent an email to her best friend, Wooyoung, who is currently living in the States.

She checked the clock on the wall and it showed past 3:00 PM.

Setting her laptop aside, she lie on her bed and texted her other best friend, Jiyong.

'Where are you now? Are you finish with your date?'

It was a Saturday.
Like a ritual, it's a day where Jiyong and Dara drop everything and spend time together.

Back when Jiyong, Wooyoung, and Dara were kids their mothers decided to set up a play date for the three of them.
Every Saturday they get together in one house and have a sleepover. Saturday Bonding Session or SBS as they call it.

The three never grew tired of this set up and for them it's already a hard habit to break.
They were inseparable. During their younger days they even thought that they were real siblings with three sets of family.
Their parents just laughed it off.

Slight changes occurred when they entered middle school.
Going through puberty, their interests changed.
They would still meet up every Saturday, but they just skip the sleepover part.
Dara and Jiyong continued the SBS even after Wooyoung left for US.

Ten minutes passed...

'Yah, KWON JIYONG! Where are you? Don't you dare forget our SBS or else I'll skin you alive!' She texted.

She yawned and closed her eyes while she waits for his reply.

Dara opened her eyes when she heard a knock on her door.

"Sweetie, it's dinner time." She heard her mother's voice.

She quickly sat up from her bed realizing that it was already dark.

Mrs. Park turned the light switch on.

"Omma..." She mumbled while rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?"

"It's already 7:00 o'clock."

"WHHATTT???!!!!" She yelled and quickly jumped out of her bed.

Mrs. Park watched as her daughter tried to balance herself from standing up.

Dara ransacked her bed searching for something.

Tossing her pillows, books, and stuffed animals everywhere.

When she finally found what she was looking for, she quickly grabbed it.

She checked her cellphone if there's any message coming from Jiyong.

To her surprise, there was none.

"Why were you sleeping? Aren't you supposed to be with your Jiyong oppa? And where is he, by the way?" Mrs. Park continuously asked.

Dara rolled her eyes while sitting on her bed. "I don't know where he is right now, omma."

"Did the two of you fight again?" Her mother asked, picking up the pillows and stuffed animals from the floor.

"No." She answered typing on her cellphone. "But we will now." She whispered under her breath.

"What was that, sweetie?" Mrs. Park asked, sitting beside her and fixing her daughter's hair.

"He has a date with Chaerin today." She explained.

"But it's your bonding day. Did he ask permission from you?"

She nodded and frowned. "He said he'll come after their date."

"Ohh... So our Jiyongie is now dating your new friend Chaerin?" Mrs. Park asked, sounding amused.

Dara crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.

"He's not only dating her." She muttered.

"What was that, sweetie?" Mrs. Park asked, unable to hear what her daughter just mumbled.

"Chaerin is now Jiyong's girlfriend."

"Omo! Our Jiyongie has a girlfriend already?" Mrs. Park exclaimed. "That's great! Does his mother knows about this?"

Dara shrugged her shoulders. "I guess so."

Mrs. Park her daughter's hair and smiled at her.

"How time flies." She said. "It seems like it was only yesterday that you and your oppas were in diapers. Now look at you. You're all grown up. Especially Jiyong, I can't believe he’s dating already." She lets out a chuckle.

Dara rolled her eyes and stood up from her bed.

"Omma, can I go out for awhile?" She asked. "I just wanna breathe some fresh air."

Her mother gave her a wondering look. "I think you can do that outside our garden or the balcony, honey."

"Oh c'mon omma, I won't go far." She assured her.

"You know that I don't allow you to go out without Jiyong, right?" She reminded her. "Especially at night." She added.

"Please omma. I promise I'll be back in an hour or less." Dara begged.

"What about dinner?"

"I'll eat when I get back."

"Alright. But be back before or exactly an hour, okay?" Her mother gave in.

Dara hugged her mother and left.

"Kids." Mrs. Park smiled while shaking her head.

**********

Dara walked past the Kwon's house.
She could easily tell that no one is around since all the lights are off.

Jiyong's parents are both medical doctors by profession.
His father is a physician and his mother is an obstetrician.
Most of the time, they come home late.


DARA POV

'Now where should I go?' I wondered, kicking a pebble on the ground.

I have no plans of searching for Jiyong.
I'm really mad at him right now. No... Scratch that... I'm very very... Furious?
Stupid date! It's kinda lame that he ditched me for the first time just for that.
I'm aware of the fact that it's his first date, but.... Hul~!
How could he????
It gets me wondering if he's going to keep ditching me now that he already has a girlfriend.

I'm hoping not.

I took my cellphone out of my pocket and called his number.
Yeah, I know I said I'm not going to look for him.

"I'll just ask him where he is. That's all." I told myself.

"Aishhh!"

Voicemail. He turned off his cellphone.

"That idiot! What was he thinking??!!" I said out loud.

Oh wait, I do have the option to call Chaerin.
Yeah! That's right. She's my close friend. I can call her.

No wait.... Forget it.

She might think I'm one possessive best friend, which I really am actually, but what the hell!

No. Not a good idea. Damn!

Ever since she and Jiyong became a couple, I started feeling weird whenever I'm with her.
I don't understand why but every time she talks about how sweet Jiyong treats her and that he's a great kisser, I feel soooo... Disgusted?
I think "awkward" is more like it.

I dunno. It's kinda hard to put into words.
I mean, my best friend, a great kisser. Psshhhh... Like I would know that, duh!

Ewwww... Eewww... Gross!

Every topic with her starts with Jiyong and it always ends with Jiyong... plus the shrieking in between.
And you know what? It's driving me nuts!

I'm not used to these kinds of talks.
Especially if that Jiyong is the main character of someone else’s fantasy.

I mean, hello??!!! He's my playmate since our diaper rash days.

Hearing what he's doing when his raging hormones strike is really... horrifically vile!
Or in layman's term - Yucky!

Now wait... where was I?

Calling Chaerin just to look for that moron isn't really a good idea.
I don't want her to think that I'm ruining their date.
And besides, Jiyong did ask permission to date her today because she can't go out with him tomorrow.
I was hesitant at first, not because I don't want them to date.
Of course I want them to date. Who am I kidding?
It's just that Jiyong has no sense of time sometimes.
Especially when he's totally engrossed into something which I'm sure that is the reason for what happened today.

Then it hit me.

Maybe he did enjoy Chaerin's company over me.

That is probably the reason why he is still with her.
For Pete’s sake! It's almost what? 7:30 in the evening?
How can he forget me? He didn’t even call.
I mean, their date wouldn't take that long, right?
As far as I can remember, Jiyong said that they'll just watch a movie.
How long can a movie last?
A whole day??!
How many movies did they watched??!!

Aishhhh! Forget it! I've decided not to talk to him starting tonight!

"Ooops." I suddenly said when I bumped into a lady.

"Choesonghamnida." I bowed.

She nods and continued walking.

That's when I realized I was no longer near our neighborhood.

"Aigoo!" I smacked my forehead realizing that I was in a deep trance while walking.

I looked around and smiled when I saw the ice cream parlor that Jiyong and I frequently go to.

End of DARA POV

**********

Dara entered the ice cream parlor and went straight to the counter.
She was deciding what to order when she heard a loud shriek and laughing sound nearby.

'That's strange." She thought.

It's not just a shriek or laugh that got into her; it was something else that made her turn to check where the sound was coming from.

Sitting in a far corner were her best friend and close friend, Jiyong and Chaerin.
Dara's eyes widened. Her heart jumped.

A part of her wants to go there and join them but another part of her doesn't want to.
She has no intention of staring but somehow her eyes wouldn't leave them.

She watched as Jiyong tickled Chaerin making her giggle while she playfully hits and pushes him away.
He reached for her and pulled her closer when she tried to sit further away from him.

Dara noticed that her best friend is giving Chaerin his killer smile.
She clearly saw Jiyong wrapping his arm around her shoulder.
And if that wasn’t enough, she actually witnessed him leaning closer to Chaerin and giving her a kiss on the lips.

Dara froze from where she was standing.
She suddenly felt like all her blood rushed to her head.
Her breathing became shallow.

"What the hell." She said out loud. "That was soooo freaking gross." She grimaced.

Unknowingly, she clutched her chest.

"Excuse me, miss." Someone from behind her said.

She turned and saw an elderly man giving her a concern look.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I-I'm fine." She managed to answer.

"You look kind of... pale." He said while examining her. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Ye, ajhusshi." She answered; her hand was still over her chest.

"Are you going to order?" He suddenly asked.

"Oh I'm sorry, ajusshi." She apologized and gave a bow.

Dara made way for the elderly and stand at the side.
She glanced back to where her friends were.

They were still cuddling and smiling in the corner like there's no one around.
From the looks of it, Jiyong had really forgotten all about her.
Her eyes turned into slits as she marched towards the exit.

**********

Mrs. Park was in the kitchen washing the dishes when she heard the front door open and slam shut followed by running foot steps.

"Dara, sweetie?" She called.

"Omma, I'm going to sleep now." She heard Dara's voice fading.


Dara collapsed on her bed and curled herself into ball.
The vision of what she saw earlier keeps repeating in her head.
She doesn't understand why she suddenly felt so upset seeing them happily dating.

DARA POV

That jerk! He has forgotten all about me.
He told me that they'll just watch a movie and he promised that he'll come today.
I hate him! And to think he went to the place where we always hang out.
He knew I love ice cream but that wasn't enough for him to remember me.
I'm his best friend!
How can he forget me when he's with Chaerin?
How can he tickle her like that?
How can he easily put his arm around her shoulder?
And the biggest question was: Why did he kissed her??!!

End of DARA POV

She tossed and her bed.
Throwing her stuffed animals everywhere.
Mumbling words of hate.

Picture of Jiyong and Chaerin cuddling kept flashing in her mind.

When tears started welling up in her eyes, she covered her face with a pillow and screamed her frustration.

"Aggghhhhh!"

A minute later, she let out an audible sob.

Realizing what she was doing, she quickly sat up.

'Omona! No! It can't be!' She wondered as she wiped her tears.

"Am I jealous?" She whispered putting both hands on her cheek.

"Nooooo~~~" She said to herself while shaking her head.

'I'm just crying because I hate him... Yes, that's it.' She thought.

She suddenly felt her cellphone vibrating.
The screen showed it was Jiyong calling her.
She rolled her eyes.
She opened her cellphone's cover and removed the battery then she tossed them aside.

"Solved!" She muttered with a big smile on her face.

**********

Mrs. Park was watching TV in the living room when the phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Omoni?"

"Wooyoung-ah! Aigoo! How's our Wooyoungie?" Mrs. Park greeted cheerfully.

"I'm doing well omoni. And you?"

"I'm fine, been busy with work lately."

"Don't work to hard, auntie. You might get sick if you don't get enough rest."

Mrs. Park smiled. "Don't worry. Your omoni is still young and strong."

"Of course omoni, you're the fairest of them all." Wooyoung chuckled. "Just don't tell omma I said that. I might get into trouble."

Mrs. Park laughed. "Don't worry, Wooyoung-ah. I won't tell your mom that you think I'm prettier than her."

Both of them laughed.

"Omoni, is Dara and Jiyong there?"

"Aigoo, Dara went to bed early. And Jiyong didn't come today."

"He didn't?" Wooyoung asked in a surprised tone.

"Yes, dear. Dara said Jiyong went on a date."

"Date?" Wooyoung repeated.

"Yes. Wooyoung-ah. Do you know that Jiyong already has a girlfriend?"


After Wooyoung finished talking to Mrs. Park, he tried calling Jiyong's and Dara's cellphone.

"Aiisshhht!" He muttered when he couldn't get through with any of them.

**********

"Still can't reach her?"

"She turned off her cellphone." Jiyong said wearily.

"Don't worry oppa." Chaerin said as she linked her arm through his. "You'll go see her tomorrow, right?"

Jiyong nods his head while they walk the street to Chaerin's house.

"I can't believe I forgot to turn on my cellphone after the movie." He said sounding upset. "Plus the fact that I lost track of time."

"Oppa, why don't you drop by her place tonight before you go home?" Chaerin suggested.

"That's what I'm planning to do actually." Jiyong sighed. "She's probably talking to Wooyoung right now.”

Chaerin giggled.

“You don't know how bad her temper is." He kicked the tiny pebble on the ground. "She'll skin me alive when she sees me later."

Her girlfriend continued laughing.

"I'm serious here, Chaerin-ah." Jiyong turned to look at her with worried expression plastered on his face. "I've never missed out on our SBS.”

"Not unless it's an emergency or something."

"Then consider out date as something then." Chaerin joked but she noticed Jiyong frowning.

She sighed and gave him a smile. "Then do everything you can just to make her forgive you, oppa."

**********

Jiyong was on his way to Dara's house when he passed by a convenient store.
His face suddenly lit up.
He went in and bought Dara's favorite chocolate.
The biggest bar that he can find.

When he reached Dara's house, Mrs. Park greeted him.

"Hi omoni, uhmmm... can I talk to Dara?"

"Aigoo Jiyong-ah, she's already asleep. She didn't even talk to Wooyoung."

Jiyong frowned in disappointment.

He knew that this was going to happen.
Something’s telling him that Dara is not going to forgive him that easily.

"Is she feeling well? Is she sick?" He asked, pretending to look innocent in front of her best friend's mother.

Mrs. Park shook her head.

"No, she's fine. She even went out for a walk."

"She what??!!! You allowed her, omoni?" Jiyong didn't notice his tone was rising.

Mrs. Park stared at him and laughed.

"If you want Jiyong, you can go to her room." She suggested. "I'm sure she won't mind."

Jiyong shook his head and forced a smile.

"It's okay omoni, maybe she's tired. I'll just come back tomorrow."