Part 2

Late Night Rendezvous

The next few days were full of trips to the beach and wonderful dinners. Mixed in with those were a few romantic moments between Minho and Laura.

 

Finally, for Minho at least, the planned midnight skinny-dip was about to happen. After a long day of running around the beach and shopping, the majority of the group fell asleep fairly early. With Onew, Jonghyun and Key fast asleep, the only one they had to worry about was Taemin. Fortunately, the maknae was watching a movie with the volume a little louder than it should have been, allowing the couple to sneak away.

 

“I can’t believe we are doing this,” Laura said as they reached the elevator doors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking through the lobby, Laura already felt in front of the few employees at the front desk. Even though they were both fully clothed, her nerves were shot and her hands shaking until they made it outside. Minho grabbed her hand and made a dash towards the beach.

 

“Minho… I don’t think we should do this anymore.”

 

“But, it’ll be fun. And all we will do is swim around.”

 

Laura was still a little hesitant, until Minho said those two words that always calmed her down…

“I promise.”

 

Taking in a deep breath, Laura caught Minho’s gaze and relaxed as she saw how sincere he was with his words. Slowly giving in, they both began to strip down and make their way to the water. Being the middle of the night, it was unlikely anyone would have seen them, but there was still that nagging voice in Laura’s head telling her not to go.

 

Inching further into the water, Minho interlaced their fingers reassuring Laura that everything would be okay. Once in deep enough that their shoulders could be covered, Minho finally broke the silence.

 

“You are so beautiful.”

 

All Laura could do was smile and hope that Minho couldn’t see the blush creeping up her face as they crept back into a comfortable silence. Even though it was pitch black out, the moon provided just enough light for Minho to see the blush, making him smile as well. Swimming closer to Laura, he wrapped his arms around her and held her tight while they swam around together.

 

Several moments of perfection passed until Laura wriggled out of Minho’s grasp and started swimming by her self. Little did she know, she had been swimming towards a small grouping of jelly fish.

 

Minho, noticing that she was too far out, called her name stopping her just before reaching the jelly fish. Unfortunately for Laura, when she swung her legs around to swim back her ankle caught the tentacles of one jelly fish.

 

“AHHHHHH!!” Laura screamed.

 

“Laura! What’s wrong?! What happened?!” Minho called out as he tried to get closer to her.

 

“Something stung me!”

 

Minho panicked. Gripping Laura around the waist, he helped her to swim to shore and get her clothes back on. Noticing the red mark on her lower leg, he realized that a jelly fish had stung her leg and not knowing what to do he began to panic even more.

 

Walking back to the hotel, Laura’s whimpers were becoming more frequent.

 

“Minho, the pain keeps getting worse. What do we do?”

 

“I don’t know, Babe. Maybe we should go to the hospital”

 

“Please. I can’t take the pain anymore.”

Grabbing the only cab out front of the hotel, left vacant by another couple’s late return, Minho got Laura in the back seat and told the cab driver to rush to the nearest hospital. Speeding away, the driver made a few turns before hitting the main road. In what felt like no time at all, they reached the hospital. Quickly paying the driver, Minho threw a ‘Thank you’ his way, and urgently got Laura inside. In his state of panic, he hollered to the nearest nurse that Laura had been stung and he thought it was a jelly fish.

 

After paging the doctor on call, the nurse grabbed a wheelchair and took Laura to an available exam room. Minho followed behind, hoping he could stay with Laura to keep her calm – even though he was the one that needed calming. The doctor arrived as soon as Laura got to the gurney and began examining and cleaning her leg. Minho began calming down shortly after, seeing that Laura had relaxed herself.

 

Once the doctor had finished cleaning her leg, he applied some ointment to help with the minor burn from the sting and bandaged her leg. Although Laura was free to go home, she chose to rest at the hospital for the rest of the night considering there weren’t that many patients. She watched Minho crawl into the gurney next to hers’, knowing he would never leave her alone at a time like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several hours later, the sun broke over the horizon and shone through the windows of the hospital. Laura groaned because of the bright light and started to sit up. Hearing her stir, Minho woke up to make sure she was not in pain.

 

“Laura, is everything alright? Are you in any pain?”

 

“Everything is fine. The sun just woke me up.”

 

Minho sighed in relief.

 

“Do you think we should head back to the hotel, now? I don’t want the others to worry.”

 

“You’re probably right. Let’s get going.”

 

Minho helped Laura with her shoes, making sure the bandage wasn’t disturbed, then put on his own. They slowly made their way out, not forgetting to pay for Laura’s treatment. One of the nurses was nice enough to call a cab for the pair so they wouldn’t have to wait for one. The whole ride back, Laura was cuddled to Minho’s chest. Thankfully, it was a fairly short ride, or else both of them would have fallen back asleep.

 

Making their way back into the hotel, they continued to take their time, slowly approaching the elevators. Waiting for one set of doors to open, Minho never let go of Laura. Hearing the ding of the elevators, the pair made their way into the first available and pressed the button for their floor. When the doors opened again, Minho decided to carry Laura the rest of the way.

 

Surprised by his actions, Laura nearly shouted, “What are you doing?”

 

“I’m carrying you the rest of the way. You look tired and I don’t want you to be in pain.” Minho replied, lovingly.

 

The only response Laura gave him was a wide grin. She was way too happy to say anything and still couldn’t believe that this amazing man was all hers. Wrapping her arms around his neck, they made their way down the hall to their room. Nearing the door, Minho checked on Laura again making sure she was still pain free.

 

“Does your leg hurt at all?”

 

Before she could say anything, Onew made a surprise appearance.

 

“What?! What happened to your leg, Laura?!”

 

“Oh! Onew oppa! Where did you come from?”

 

“You guys didn’t answer my question. What happened?”

 

“Can we get inside first, hyung? I promise we will tell you what happened.”

 

“Okay, fine. But you are going to explain this to all of us together. You know how much we all care about Laura and never want to see her hurt.”

 

Onew turned to head back to his room and to wake the others as Minho carried Laura inside. Once Minho placed Laura on the sofa, they heard a knock on their room door. Knowing who it was he ran to the door, but not before making sure Laura was comfortable. Opening the door, Minho was soon pushed aside as the others barreled into the room and headed straight for Laura.

 

“Noona!! What happened to you? Hyung said that you hurt your leg.” Taemin worried.

 

“I’m fi-“

 

“Omo! You have a bandage on your leg! Is it bad?” Key cut her off.

 

“Seriously, guys. It’s ok-“

 

“Hyung, what happened to our Laura?!” Jonghyun hollered before she could finish.

 

“YAH!” Laura yelled, fed up with not being able to talk. Everyone just froze hearing her yell.

 

“If you would let me talk, you would already know that I’m fine.” Laura said a little calmer.

 

“But… Noona, what happened?” Taemin was the brave one.

 

Laura gave them all a slight glare to keep them quiet before speaking again, “We went out for a late night swim and I got stung by a jelly fish.”

 

Seeing them all start to freak out again, she quickly added, “I’m fine, though! We’ve already gone to the hospital and had it cared for. I just have to keep the bandage on because there is a VERY MINOR burn.” She emphasized how minor the burn was in hopes of keeping everyone calm.

 

All four sets of eyes bulged at the word ‘burn,’ but soon got even bigger as Onew spoke for the first time since spotting them in the hallway.

 

“How could you let this happen, Minho? You are supposed to protect her.”

 

“How was I supposed to know that-“

 

“It’s not his fault!” Laura shouted, cutting Minho off and turning the attention back to her.

 

“It’s mine. I swam out too far and didn’t see them. Don’t get mad at him.”

 

Everyone calmed down, but Laura knew better than to think that would be the end of it. For the remainder of their stay, all five of them were catering to her every wish, both spoken and unspoken. It all started with Minho carrying her everywhere for two days straight – mostly to prove to Onew that he was taking care of her. After that, Jonghyun would carry her bags every time they went they left their rooms. Taemin and Key even went so far as to cut her food and attempt to feed her at every meal, though she was fully capable of feeding herself. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I lied!! There is one more part after this, which will be the end. =)