Meat

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          After school Aera and Chen went to the packs house to start her training. She was nervous and Chen knew it. He just smiled at her and hoped it was enough. When they walked into the house she cowered behind him like she had before. Kris was in the kitchen cooking as they entered.

          “Hey Kris.” Chen greeted.

          “Sit.” He said and the two sat at the table. Steak filled the air and it made Aera antsy.

          “I smell food.” Kai jumped from the second floor.

          “Back!” Kris warned with a stern voice. It was as if he were the master and everyone else were his pets.

          “But… but…” Kai pouted and whined.

          “Eat these.” He handed him a bowl of fruit. “You need a balanced diet.”

          Kai sulked with his fruit in the living room.

          “You’re a vegetarian right?” he asked her.

          “Y-yeah.”

          “It’s been a year since you’ve eaten meat?”

          “Yeah.” She nodded.

          “Well, we need meat to survive. Your human self can but your inner wolf thrives on it. We are carnivores and if your inner wolf has a balanced diet it will be easier to control.” He explained and set a plate of cut up steak in front of her. “Eat it.”

          “But…” she stared at the meat.

          “I know at first you will go crazy. All you’ll want is meat but it’s only because your inner wolf has had a dying craving for it for a year. Once it’s satisfied you will be normal.”

          “How long will that take?”

          “A few days. Depending on how much meat you eat.”

          Aera gulped and looked back at the plate of meat. She picked up a piece and nibbled on it. Kris gave her a stern look and she took a bite. A few chews and she could feel her stomach react immediately. She ran in a flash to the bathroom and threw it all up.

          “What just happened?” Chen asked worriedly.

          “I don’t know.” Kris was confused as well. Aera came back out with a pale face.

          “Sorry. One way I repressed my meat craving was by putting things in meat to make me puke it up. So I would be sick of it.” She confessed.

          “Clever.” Kris admitted. “Take it in small bites and relax.”

          The next time Aera ignored the sickness in her stomach and ate the steak. After a few minutes the sickness became pleasure and she could eat the meat with ease. She still restrained how much she ate and how fast. Inside she was screaming for more and to scarf it all down all at once. Before she knew it the plate was empty and her fingers were greasy. Chen was still cautious, Kris was observing, and Kai was envious.

          “Are you ok?” Chen asked.

          “I feel better.”

          “Lucky.” Kai muttered.

          “You want more don’t you?” Kris asked with a smirk. She nodded sheepishly. “I keep a whole chest freezer full of meat. The boys have to have it with every meal. If they have some meat twice a day they’ll eat everything else with no problem. How about some chicken?”

          “Sounds great.”

 

          For three hours she ate and ate. Kai was dying of hunger while Aera ate animal after animal. Cow, pig, chicken, turkey, deer, sheep, and fish. She just wouldn’t stop and she was never full.

          “I’m going to have to run tonight.” She pouted and felt her finally full tummy.

          “Running is a good habit you picked up on. Especially for the emotional transition of it all. It’s hard to find something calming when you’re a raging animal.” Kris said.

          “What calms you?” she asked.

          “Strangely, the boys do. As much as they drive me nuts, keeping them in line distracts me from all my anger and frustration.”

          “What about you Chen?” she looked to him, who was beside her the whole time.

          “Music.”

          “What about you Kai?”

          “Food.” Kris answered for him. “The pups a bottomless pit.”

          “Chanyeol is the only one who is irritable. He is too stubborn to find something to calm him.” Kai told her.

          “I should go home. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” She waved and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter