Eyes

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Tao.” Aera called to him as she entered the living room.

          “What?”

          “I’m going to Tiffany’s party tomorrow, want to go?”

          “No, going to see a movie with Sehun and D.O hyung.”

          “What about Xiumin?” she asked curiously.

          “He’s going to the same party you are. Will there be alcohol?” he eyed her.

          “I don’t know. Whatever happens will happen and I promise not to do anything stupid.”

          “Psh. So reckless.” He huffed.

          “Yah!” she yelled.

          “Jiejie I love you!” Tao pouted, and Aera pushed his face and sat next to him on the couch.

 

          The class was left to work and chatted frequently with friends. Most of them were talking about the party that night and Aera was excited. She glanced at Soomi who was chatting on and on with Xiumin who seemed genuinely interested.

          Chen just glanced around the room and kept to himself. Aera noticed and turned to talk to him.

          “Are you going to the party tonight?” she asked him. He looked at her for a quick second strangely but then softly.

          “Am I even invited?” he asked jokingly with his charming smile.

          “Anyone can come. Plus, I was invited and I’m inviting you, so you should come. Your friends should too.”

          “We’ll see if we can and I’ll see you there if we do come.” He shot her a charming smile that made her heart beat faster.

          ‘So much I want to ask but not the right time.’ Chen sighed inwardly.

          For the past week he had been observing her closely. He picked up on her simple habits like walking, learning, eating, and talking. She was completely normal with normal friends and family. Either she has been one of them for a while or she might just be mortal. Not being able to figure it all out frustrated him and Kris could see it.

          At home Chen was on the couch and staring off into space, thinking of Aera. At first it was of all the questions he had for her, then his mind wandered and he was now thinking about everything else. Her hair that was as black as night. Her eyes which were so dark but still had a sparkle. Her smile that was so heartwarming that Chen’s signature smile had nothing on it.

          Kris watched as one of his brothers stared into space with furrowed eyebrows. Curiosity was killing him as well and he didn’t know a single thing about this girl. He didn’t even have a way to talk to her.

          “What should I wear?” Kai came out with two outfits and held them to himself.

          “Where are you going?” Luhan asked with a raised eyebrow.

          “To the party. Aera-shi invited us.”

          “The party?” Chen snapped out of his trance when he heard her name.

          “Yeah, she invited you didn’t she, and then invited the rest of us.”

          “Did you plan on going?” Kris asked Chen.

          “Uh, I wasn’t sure.”

          “This may be your opportunity out of school to find something out.” Baekhyun pointed out.

          “I want to party…” Chanyeol mumbled.

          “Kris hyung can we go?” Kai asked with his puppy eyes.

          “Sure, but I’m going too.”

          “Hyung, you weren’t invited.” Chanyeol pointed out.

          “If I can’t go than neither can you guys.”

          “Fine, but put on something nice. The ladies need to know that the big bad wolves are ready to play.” Kai smirked and jumped all the way to the second floor with no problem.

          Chen let himself grin a bit and went upstairs to get ready. He wanted to pick out something good and subtle so girls would look his way. Hopefully Aera was one of those girls.

 

          “What should I wear?” Aera tapped her chin as she looked through her closet. Soomi sat on her bed with her clothes already on.

          “Are you feeling innocent or naughty tonight?”

          “Both.”

          “Oh! I know.” She got up and went into her closet. “Here!”

          “It’s perfect.”

          “Dress says innocent, heels say naughty.”

          “This is why I love you. Should I hire you as my personal fashion consultant?”

          “Will I be paid?” Soomi asked teasingly.

          “Maybe.”

          “Hush and put on your dress so we can do our hair and make-up.” She pushed her into her bathroom.

          “I wonder if Chen is going.” Aera thought out loud as she stripped her clothes.

          “Why? Do you like him?” Soomi joked through the door.

          “No, he’s just really nice and I invited him and his friends.”

          “Why?”

          “They’re new and people think they’re weird so I guess giving them a chance to fit in would be nice.”

          ‘If I can fit in anyone can.’

          “He is really cute though.”

          “He is.” She agreed. “His smile is his best feature.”

          “The fact that you noticed that means you like him.”

          “Whatever.”

          “Xiumin is going too.”

          Aera was thinking of Chen so much she had almost forgotten Xiumin. His smile was his best feature as well.

          “Maybe I’ll get to dance with him.”

          “Unless Chen sweeps you away first.” Soomi joked.

          “He doesn’t even like me, we barely know each other.”

          “He’s cute and charming. Jump on it before someone else does.”

          “Who are you two talking about?” Tao came in and asked.

          “Aera’s boyfriend.” She answered.

          “Boyfriend!?” she squealed and barged out of the bathroom.

          “Boyfriend!?” Tao glared at her.

          “I am totally single, she is lying!”

          “Are you wearing that to the party?” he asked as he observed her. Her milky legs showed and his protective brother instincts kicked in.

          “Yeah, it’s fine. It could be a lot shorter like that black dress I own.” She pointed out and went to her dresser to pick out some earrings. Tao paled at the thought of that devil dress that exposed 90% of his sister.

          “I want to go to the party.” He pouted.

          “Why?” Soomi asked.

          “As Aera’s brother, any party she is invited to, I am as well. Plus, Sehun and D.O are going now.”

          “Sure, but I’m not babysitting you and you are not babysitting me. Got it?”

          “If any guy touches you I will wushu his . Especially those weird new guys.” He grumbled as he went to get changed.

          “Looks like you won’t be getting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter