You're Ok

One Of Us (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Aera!?” Tao walked into the house and searched for his sister. He had left messages and voicemails and all she did was respond with a text. He saw her on the couch sleeping soundly. “Aera?” he shook her.

          “Hmm?” she moaned and slowly opened her eyes.

          “Are you ok? Why didn’t you come home last night? Did you and Chen do anything dirty?” he bombarded her with questions while she just looked up at him lovingly. She wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled her face in his chest.

          “I’m sorry Didi. I didn’t mean to make you worry.” She told him.

          “Uh… I… Are you avoiding the question? Did you and Chen have !?”

          “No, he just took care of me because I was too sick to move.” She excused. Her voice was hoarse so it really helped her case.

          “Do you have a fever?”

          Aera shook her head and stood up. “Let’s go for a walk.”

          “But you’re sick.” Tao protested.

          “If I don’t get fresh air I’ll stay sick. Come on I’m a lot better.” She grabbed his arm and pulled him out the door. “How was school?” she asked.

          “Long, I was worrying about you all day.”

          “Aaw, Didi. I’m sorry. I’m also sorry for being so weird for these past few days. Getting off my vegetarian diet messed with my whole body and mentality.”

          “It’s ok, I’m used to you being moody anyway.”

          “Yah!” she whined and hit his arm.

          “Ow! That actually hurt!” he whined. She realized she used her real strength and hugged him.

          “I’m so sorry.” She exclaimed.

          “I’m a man, I can take it.”

          “You may act like a man but you’ll always be my baby brother. I promise never to hurt you and to only love you.”

          “Why are you being so mushy lately?”

          “Can I not love my brother?” she asked and poked his ribs.

          “Ah, don’t do that!” he whined.

          “Why, is Tao Tao still ticklish?” she giggled and tickled him even more.

          “Don’t think I’m not afraid to wushu you!” he said between laughs.

          “I dare you.” She challenged.

          “Noooo!” he went sprinting down the street with Aera at his heels. Kris watched from a distance with a smile.

          ‘She’ll be fine.’

         

          “So when’s soccer try outs?” Aera asked as she and Tao sat at a table in a café.

          “One part of it was today. The next part is tomorrow, and your weird friends were there.”

          “Really? How did they do?”

          “Good, but not as good as me.” He boasted.

          “Learn modesty you arrogant panda.” She thumped his forehead. “I promise to make it to your try outs tomorrow so I can watch you.”

          “Will you try out for manager this year?”

          “Should I?”

          “Yeah, so coach will stop bothering me about it.”

          “Why are we so athletically blessed?” Aera asked jokingly. Tao giggled and sipped his drink.

          “I’m going to condition tonight, want to join me?”

          “Sure, track is coming up and all that meat slowed me down.”

          “You’ve been eating like a pig, it’s gross.” He stuck his tongue out at her.

          “You’re gross.” She grumbled.

          “How mature. Oh, look, it’s those weirdos.” He looked out the glass window and saw Chen and the others walking down the street.

          “Don’t call them that.” She chided and looked at them. The first one to spot her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter