Chapter 19

One Fine Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was a Saturday afternoon and you had just finished eating your lunch when someone suddenly rang the doorbell.

“Ky Cee? What are you doing here?” you asked as you opened the door.

 “Thanks for welcoming me. By the way go get dressed, we’re going out!” she yelled, excited, as she entered your place.

“Wait, wait. What’s going on? Why do you want to go out, all of a sudden? And why are you dressed like that?” you asked her as she took off her coat and peep toes.

She was in fact wearing a dress were the top was white while the skirt was light violet and a bow tie in the back.

“I only wanted to hang out with you since I’m always with Kyungsoo.” She explained.

“And why you guys are not together today?” you frowned.

“Because he said he was going with the others somewhere, I don’t know.” And shrugged.

“Lay didn’t told me anything.”

“Whatever, come on Kyori! I’ll help you get dressed. Let me choose you a dress to wear for our outing.” She winked and dragged you upstairs, in your room. You were still doubtful at her behavior but let go. And also because you needed a day with your best friend.

After that night at the club, nothing happened between you and Tao. He only apologized to you by texting you and nothing more. Maybe things must be like that.

At school was like before you knew him.

Of course Ky Cee and the others would join you during lunch break but Tao always said he had something else to do, that’s why he didn’t join you all. Sometimes you would look for him and stare at him in the distance.

Just like few months ago.

 

After showering and changing yourself, Ky Cee helped you with your make up.

“Seriously Ky Cee, why do I need to look like this if there’s only the two of us?” you asked her as she was putting some eyeliner in your eyelids.

“Nothing, I just missed these moments, that’s why.” She countered, chuckling.

“Here, I’m done! Go admire yourself.” She said with a grin.

She choose for you a naïve blue tube dress and silver peep toes, all matching with your make up.

“Okay you’re perfect now. Let’s go!” Ky Cee told you, cheering up.

The sun began hiding when you exited your house and locked it.

While you two were in the cab, you decided to watch a movie since it’s been a while the last time you went to the cinema with her. After watching a movie, you went for a snack at Starbucks.

“It was funny, isn’t it?” Ky Cee told you, fiddling with the straw of her drink. You nodded and took a bite of your slice of cake.

“I almost choked on my pop corns.” You commented, laughing.

“I know right. That’s why during the funniest part I didn’t dare eating.” You rolled your eyes and sipped from your drink too.

“So where are we going next?” you asked her as you didn’t want to end like that your evening.

She shrugged in response.

“Where do you want to go next?”

“There’s a new shop not so far from here.”

“About what?”

“Stuff toys and plushies. Also gadgets!”

Ky Cee laughed at you and then nodded in agreement. “Let me finish first eating.”

 

***

 

Meantime, Tao was with the others.

“Almost finished here.” he said, while adjusting some stuff.

“Same here.” Kris cried.

Tao only gave an okay sign then stood up, clasping his hands and admiring his work.

“Tao come here a second. I need to tell you something.”

Tao turned his gaze at who called him and approached him. “What is it Lay hyung?”

Lay grabbed his nape as he looked away then faced him. “Look, I’m sorry for that night. I was upset. But I’m glad to know that it was all a misunderstanding.”

Tao only smiled at his hyung as he patted his shoulder. “Don’t worry hyung. I’m sorry too for what happened. And I’m happy you took care of her when I wasn’t able to it.”

“It’s just.. I don’t wanna see her get hurt and you know she’s really important to me.” Lay told him, serious.

Tao nodded as he closed his eyes for a second. “I know and I’m really sorry. It won’t happen again.”

“Good. Oh and I’m very happy for what you’re doing now.” Lay said, looking around them.

“It’s the least I can do, hyung. Thanks for helping me by the way. You and the others.”

Lay only nodded and gave Tao a brotherly hug then walked away to help the others.

“Kyungsoo hyung! Can you please call Ky Cee now?”

 

***

 

You finally reached the shop you wanted to visit. You and Ky Cee were still deciding what stuff toy to buy when you heard her phone rang from her clutch bag. Ky Cee looked at the caller’s ID and you saw her eyes sparkle.

“Excuse a moment, Kyori-yah.”

You hummed in response and continued to decide.

“Are you finished yet?” Ky Cee asked you as she came back.

“Yeah. I think I’m going to buy this then.” You said as you took the stuff toy then headed toward the cashier.

After paying, you two went out and began walking.

“I’m hungry. Let’s have dinner, shall we?” Ky Cee proposed as you were now waiting for a cab.

“But we already had a snack.” You told her, frowning.

“You know me Kyori-yah.” She only told you, smirking.

You soon arrived in front of a restaurant. It wasn’t really big but still, elegant.

“Ky Cee-yah. Are you sure it’s open?” you asked as you noticed like there weren’t costumers.

She nodded and flashed you a smile then pulled out her hand so you could reach it. “Come on, I’m hungry.”

You then entered the restaurant. It was silent, but those who worked there still greeted you. The sounds of your heels filled the place as Ky Cee was dragging you to the back of the restaurant.

“Ky Cee, there are so many table available there, why do you need to com—“

But then, the lights suddenly turned off as you heard someone stepping in the room and some others just hiding their chuckles.

You turned around worried and looked for Ky Cee.

“Ky Cee, it’s not funny. Where you?” you began panicking as you were walking in the dark.

“Shin Ky C—“

And then, you saw some candles floating as someone started to play the piano. (A/N: this song has nothing to do with its lyrics in this part. I just like the piano instrumental.)

“Saeng il chook ha ham ni da~ saeng il chook ha ham ni d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter