Chapter 18

One Fine Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| PLAY ME ツ |

 

 

“Where are you going?” you asked Lay in a whisper, who was wearing his jacket, ready to leave. He turned his face towards you and reassured you with a smile as he patted your head.

“I’ll come back tomorrow okay? Now try to sleep. It’s still 10.20PM.”

You nodded, still sleepy. “I’ll wait for you.” And then you felt your eyelids shut.

Lay silently went out of your room, carefully closing the door.

“Hyung what are you doing here?” Chanyeol asked, making Lay jolt.

In fact, Chanyeol went out of his room too just to drink a glass of water in the kitchen.

“Why were you inside her room at this time in the night?” Chanyeol asked as he approached him, widening his eyes.

Lay sighed as he didn’t know if it was right to tell your brother what happened. Then decided to tell him, but not the whole story.

“I waited for Kyori to fall asleep. She asked me to do that.” Lay explained him.

Chanyeol instead seemed confused. “Why did she ask you such thing?” he asked, curious and worried at the same time.

“I don’t know.”

“She should have asked me. Say, she has a problem, right?”

And only by looking at his hyung reaction, Chanyeol understood right away.

Chanyeol knew that every time you had a problem, you would have some difficulties fall asleep. It was like when you were little kids.

“H-how did you know?” Lay uttered.

Chanyeol only rolled his eyes, giggling. “Hyung, I am her brother.”

But then, Chanyeol felt a little worried about you. Why didn’t she tell me? He asked himself, feeling also a little envy towards Lay.

“I see.” Lay countered, nodding.

Chanyeol then dragged his feet towards the stairs. “I was about going in the kitchen. Why don’t you tell me about it there?”

Lay nodded once again in response and went downstairs with him. Once they reached the kitchen, Lay leaned himself against the counter.

“Want something to eat?” Chanyeol asked him, trying to break the ice since Lay was absorbed in thoughts.

Lay only shook his head and just watched Chanyeol drink his glass of water.

“So what happened to—“ but Chanyeol was interrupted by his phone ringing.

He glanced at Lay then answered the call.

“Chanyeol? Where you?” Kris asked from the other line.

“I’m-ah.. At home, why?”

“Nothing. Only wanted to tell you that tomorrow we’re going to eat together somewhere. Let’s all meet up at my place okay?”

“Okay hyung.”

“Oh, and Kyungsoo told me he invited Ky Cee as well. Bring your sister too, if you want.”

“Get it. See you tomorrow then.”

“Yeah, 8PM sharp.”

“Alright, good night.” Then Kris hung up the call.

Once Chanyeol put his phone on the pocket of his jogging pants, Lay nodded at him. “Who was it?”

Then Chanyeol explained him about their outing. Lay then smirked and nodded in agreement.

“Alright, see you tomorrow then.” Lay told him as he was leaving the kitchen.

“Wait! You didn’t tell me yet.”

Lay slowly turned himself to face him. “Wait tomorrow Yeollie. You’ll see.”

And with that, Lay left.

 

***

 

“I told you, I’m not going. You know what happened.”

You were arguing for about ten minutes and Ky Cee was trying to convince you.

“Then act like nothing happened. You cannot ignore us only because of Tao. We’re your friends. I still can’t believe what he did to you.” Ky Cee told you from the other line. You only sighed and closed your eyes as you were massaging your temples.

“Besides, who knows? Maybe Tao’s not going.”

“And what if he’s going? Maybe with his girl?”

“Then if you care, talk to him. If you love him, try to clear up.” You opened your eyes wide at her statement. “Come on, I’ll wait for you okay? Come with Lay!” Then Ky Cee ended the call.

You were still with your phone near your ear, fixing absent-minded the little table in the middle of your room.

I never thought about it. Do I love him? But then someone knocked the door and after placing your phone on your nightstand, you opened the door.

“Hey little monkey. Are you coming with us?” You widened your eyes and closed the door right away.

“Chanyeol please go get dressed! Don’t ever think on showing up wearing only boxer shorts!” you shouted at him. You heard nothing but your brother laughing. Few minutes later, after wearing something, he came back.

“I cooked something for your lunch, go downstairs and eat.” He told you, peeking in your room.

You did what he told you and after changing your pajamas into comfortable ones, you went downstairs. You saw a plate with Kimchi Bokumbop and the chopsticks beside it. After taking a seat, you began eating.

Should I go? What if he’s with her? You thought while eating.

After eating and washing the dishes, you went upstairs to your room and saw you had received a text message. You sighed as you took your phone.

Tao didn’t stop texting you since Lay sent that message last night. You were not angry at Lay. If you weren’t asleep, you would reply at Tao like your best friend did.

 

Huang Zi Tao (1:34): Kyori are you still angry at me? Please text back.

 

But you were stubborn.

That’s why you didn’t reply at him.

 

“How could you pretend I would reply at you..” you murmured as you threw your phone in your bed.

You then examined your room and decided to clean it up so you could somehow think of anything else. You then ended to clean up also the kitchen, the living and dining room and even the bathroom.

When you had finished, you dragged your feet and let yourself fall on the couch.

Lay didn’t come back yet, like he said. You then got up and went to your room as you wanted to text him.

 

Sent (3:02): Where you?

Oppa (3:03): I’m on my way.

 

In fact, after twenty minutes, you heard the doorbell rang.

“Sorry, I was supposed to be here by the time you texted me but there was a traffic jam.” He apologized.

You shook your head. “Don’t worry.”

You then sat on the couch and took some snacks from the kitchen.

“Are you going?” you asked him, after swallowing a bite of your rice cake.

He nodded. “I need some explanations.”

“He kept on texting me saying he’s sorry. But probably he doesn’t even know why.”

“You’re going with me.” He stated, seriously looking into your eyes. You looked down and stayed silent. “Kyori you also need some explanations from him, don’t you?”

“You deserve it.” He continued as you didn’t say anything, gently caressing your hair.

You only managed to nod, trying to hold back your tears.

“It’s unacceptable what he did if she’s really his girlfriend. I won’t let him hurt you.” Then he hugged you, placing his chin on top of your head, reassuring you.

“Also, Ky Cee’s coming too. You wanted to see her, didn’t you?” he asked you, changing topic.

“Yeah, she called me earlier.”

“See? Don’t let yourself down like this.”

“Okay I’m going.” You then said, after few minutes. He smiled at you and patted your head. “But don’t leave me okay?”

He squeezed your hand. “Don’t worry.”

 

***

 

“Is this a simple house? It’s a mansion!” you exclaimed once you arrived at Kris’ place. Some of them were already there with their cars.

And you arrived in time with Chanyeol, Lay, Ky Cee and Kyungsoo.

“I like it.” Ky Cee commented as you were approaching the others.

Fortunately Tao wasn’t there yet. And so Xiumin, Chen and Baekhyun.

“Noona!” Sehun shouted once he saw you. He approached you and hugged you.

“I missed you!” he said, beaming happily.

“Sehun, let me hug her too.” You heard a girl’s voice and noticed that So Yeon and Ye Seul were there too.

Obvious, they are Luhan and Suho’s girlfriends. You mentally slapped yourself for forgetting it.

“Long time no see, eunnie.” You greeted So Yeon and so with Ye Seul.

Soon, also Xiumin, Chen and Baekhyun arrived.

“Where’s Tao?” Kris suddenly asked you.

Why is he asking me? You nervously thought. “I don’t know.” You said, looking down at your feet.

Kris only raised his right eyebrow and decided to not insist asking you.

“Okay, I’m going to call him now.” then took his phone and began typing Tao’s number.

You sighed as you closed your eyes. Right.

“Tao said he’s going to be late so we’re going first at the restaurant.” Kris told you all.

The others just murmured something you couldn’t catch so you just let it go. Then you all entered the respective cars and headed toward the restaurant, following Kris’.

You soon arrived and after parking the cars, you all went inside the restaurant. The waitress then guided you at your reserved tables and handed you the menu.

You were still deciding what to order with Lay when you suddenly heard his voice. You clinched Lay’s arm and felt his hand turning into a fist, under the table.

“I am sorry, we are late.” Tao apologized.

We? You narrowed your eyebrows.

And you then regretted looking up at him or better say, at them.

Tao was in fact with the girl you saw last night with him having a dinner in a restaurant. You now understood why Lay was pissed off.

“It’s alright. Let him.” You whispered at him, trying to calm him down.

“Anyway, she’s Sang Ju Hyun.” Tao introduced the girl, who bowed at you all.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter