The Master of Seduction

The Pick-Up Artists

It was early in the morning when Yoona came to pick Donghae up for University.

He was scowling at himself in the mirror.

 

„You're ugly.“, he said to himself. „With your thick glasses...and your face...and hair...and your clothes...look at your clothes...where did you get them from? Your grandpa?“

 

„Hyung!“, Kyuhyun was knocking wildly at the door of the bathroom. „Yoona-shi is already waiting for you! What are you doing in there?“

 

Donghae opened the door and looked grumpyly at Kyuhyun who was silenced with this one single glance.

 

„Crazy guy...“, Kyuhyun muttered when Donghae was out of reach.

 

„Donghae-ah...is something wrong?“, Yoona asked Donghae when he joined her. She had never dared to call Donghae 'Oppa'.

 

„...no.“, Donghae answered even though he was more than mad. He felt like a little child being picked up by a girl. He was angry because he was like he was. A loser. A nerd – no, you couldn't call him a nerd. Not even the nerds at school and university wanted to hang out with him. He was an outcast. Nothing more, nothing less. Not that he had ever complained before but today he started getting angry at it.

 

The day was like every other day. At University noone really cared about him and when he was walking through Seoul, couples were crossing his way at any time. Couples who were holding hands, cuddling or wearing the same clothes. Seoul seemed to be the epicentre of love.

 

„I miss the times when things like that were forbidden in public...“, Donghae muttered.

 

In the evening when Donghae arrived at home, he sat down at his desk and looked at the wood for a short time. He heard Kyuhyun and his girlfriend laughing in the neighbour room.

 

„Aish...I wanna puke...“

 

In this moment Donghae decided to change his life. His whole life. And tonight would be the night to start with it! He couldn't wait any longer.

 

 

Donghae had set his goal really high – he went to Gangnam, dressed up (if you could call it like that...his sense of fashion was really messed up) and ready to get himself a girl.

 

When he made his way through the crowded streets, someone bumped into him. It was a guy, tall and the most handsome Donghae had ever seen. The jealousy came up and Donghae became aggressive at once.

 

„Yah! Be careful where you're going!“, he scolded the guy.

 

„I'm sorry.“, the guy said nonchalantly, he even said it in english instead of korean, and went off without looking back a second time.

 

Yeah...this guy is soooo cool!, Donghae thought ironically and went on going. He looked for some good clubs but since he didn't have any idea of how a good club looked, he needed a long time until he had decided which one to enter.

 

The club he had decided to enter was full as hell but Donghae was just happy that the doormen let him in even after examining him sceptically.

 

His first step was to try out luck on the dancefloor. He entered the floor and danced...well...tried to dance...but whenever Donghae tried to approach a woman, she quickly turned around and danced away. Sometimes they got them men to help. They were giving Donghae warning glances which made Donghae turn around himself. He wanted to find a girl – not to find someone to beat him up.

A bit frustrated Donghae looked through the dark room and found someone again he had met outside – the guy he had bumped into. He was happily dancing with a really hot girl. Seriously – extremely – hot!

Donghae felt jealous again and immediately left the dancefloor. He took a seat at the bar and ordered something to drink.

 

While he was sipping at his Tequile Sunrise (it was the first time he drank some alcohol), he observed some girls who were as well sitting at the bar. One of them looked at him and he immediately took the chance.

 

„Hey!“, he said and even put his hand up. Good thing he had drunk some alcohol otherwise he would have never had the guts to talk to a stranger.

 

„Eww!“, the woman quickly looked away.

 

„...“ Donghae sighed.

 

„Sorry, ladies!“ The guy from the dancefloor came towards the women and went to the bar. „Two Screwdriver!“, he ordered and started checking out the women while the bartender was mixing his order.

 

„Wow – nice eyes!“, the guy said to one of the women and smirked.

 

What a playboy, Donghae thought displeased. And why does he have to be everywhere where I am? Is he kidding me?

 

„Here you go!“, the bartender handed the guy his screwdrivers.

 

„I'm sorry but I have to leave again.“ The guy winked at the women and wanted to go when one of them grabbed his arm.

 

„No! Don't go yet!“, she begged him. Donghae's eyes widened when he saw how much she seemed to be attracted to the guy. The guy just laughed and put her hands down.

 

„Sorry – but for today I've got different plans.“, he told her.

 

„Then I'll give you my phone number!“, she said and quickly looked for her cell phone. The guy waited patiently until he got her number and then went off.

 

Donghae's mouth dropped open. What the hell did the guy do?

 

He got up as well and followed the guy, trying not to be caught.

 

The following two hours Donghae spent his time watching the guy in a safe distance. He counted all the numbers the guy got. 12 in 2 hours. This guy was a god! It was a miracle how he did it – but the women loved him!

The way he talked to them, the way he touched them – he knew exactly what he had to do. It was like he was activating several buttons to approach women. He used different tactics, Donghae was sure he did because at some of the women he used the same gestures to convince them of the fact that he was the one and only.

 

Donghae envied him more and more and when the guy went to the restrooms, Donghae barely ran after him.

 

„Yah! What are you doing?! Would you stop stalking -?!“, the guy wanted to scold Donghae when he heard the door closing behind him a second time but then stopped when he saw Donghae bowing down.

 

„Please...!“, Donghae demanded without looking up. „..be my teacher!“