Helplessly Alone

The Pick-Up Artists

Hyung...could you please stop staring at my girlfriend. It's really impolite.“

 

Kyuhyun was glaring at his big brother and stopped eating. Donghae cleared his throat and looked back at his dinner, ashamed by his own actions.

 

„Ahhh...darling, who wouldn't stare at your beautiful little girlfriend.“, Kyuhyun's and Donghae's mother said while winking at Kyuhyun's girlfriend who reacted chuckling in a shy manner.

 

Donghae envied his younger brother so much...

While he was an absolute outsider and loser, Kyuhyun was doing great at High School. He was one of the popular guys, one of the best students and he had something Donghae had dreamed of the past years – a girlfriend.

 

He was the 'big' brother but he had barely contact to females. To be honest – he had barely contact to anyone. During his school career Im Yoona was his only friend and this didn't change even after attending University.

He was the forever alone guy. The guy with no friends. The guy who would never have a girlfriend.

 

While eating dinner together, he was thinking about his younger brother Kyuhyun again.

Kyuhyun had a girlfriend for more than two years now. Their parents adored her and therefore she was around at nearly everytime.

 

She was small and petite, had a pale, perfect skin, long brown hair in beautiful waves, big round eyes and a small, pretty mouth with lips in the colour of strawberries. Donghae would have killed to get a girlfriend like this and sometimes he spaced out into crazy fantasies about taking away Kyuhyun's beloved girlfriend. This day would never come – for sure.

 

But he was everynight praying to find a way out of his misery. He wanted to be adored and loved. He wanted to be the perfect match for at least one single girl. With his 22 years he had never met or kissed a girl. was a topic he should never mention at all.

 

In his whole life there was just one single incident, he came a bit closer to the magical three letters.

It was last summer when Donghae's and Kyuhyun's parents were out for the whole evening. Donghae had leaned against his wall, listening to the sounds of the neighbour room – Kyuhyun's room.

 

What a pathetic guy he was. Like always Donghae fell into self-pity.

 

When would the day come which would change his pitiful life?