Chapter 02

(EDITING) Net Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ChapterTwo "God, you are so gullible."

 

 

 

 

Sandara Park
 

 

I am pissed.

 

Beyond pissed.

 

You see… Jiyong and I are chatting for three weeks now. During that time, we have become more comfortable with each other. I know things about him that others don’t and he knows things about me that others don’t. I guess we skipped past the strangers phase and moved on to friends.

 

We also moved onto using KakaoTalk instead of Kik Messenger, which is a far more advanced application than the latter and it was mostly used in Korea that’s why Jiyong insisted ditching Kik. Also, Kik has a pedo smiley (which is what we both named it because it really looked like a e), that Jiyong always uses to annoy the hell out of me. Creeped me out to the point that I had to agree begrudgingly into shifting applications.

 

Such a bastard.

 

However, I am now enjoying KakaoTalk because of the emoticons. We can also make calls! Have we used this amazing feature? Of course not. Perhaps either of us weren’t ready to hear each other’s voice but… the call button is seriously tempting. There are a ton of times when I really just want to it up and call him but my ego isn’t letting me.

 

The other problem was…

 

I have no ing clue what he looks like. He has no display picture! For all I know, he was ugly and embarrassed to show me his face. It even took me a week to ask him about it but the didn’t want to show his face. He said that my might get wet and he didn’t want me to humiliate myself.

 

Jiyong: No

Dara: Jiyong!

Jiyong: No

Dara: You ! You’re so unfair!

Jiyong: You’ll get wet when you see me

Dara: What’s that supposed to mean!?

Jiyong: You. . Wet. For. Me.

Dara: You… you… Ahhhhhh!

Jiyong: ;)

 

That bastard.

 

How many times have I called him a bastard? I can’t even recall how many. He is so annoying. The nerve of him! Well, after a few curses and sentences he budged and told me that maybe someday he will.

 

Keyword: maybe.

 

I try not to pull my hair in annoyance. It’s so unfair since—and I quote from him—my huge face and forehead is plastered in my display picture.

 

.

 

We do get along well though when he wasn’t being his annoying self. We would always joke around and try to piss each other. Take a guess who gets pissed the most?

 

Yes, him.

 

Kidding. Of course it’s me. I am already quite familiar with the caps button and exclamation point. We are actually thinking about moving in together. That’s not the reason I’m pissed though.

 

He is still full blown laughing for about… looking at my watch I saw that five minutes have passed. I groaned. He is so irritating. How can someone laugh for five minutes in chat!? Apparently he can. Whenever I say something or change the topic he’ll just reply with the same sentence over and over again.

 

Jiyong: Hahahahahahaha! Holy . I can’t. Hahahahah!

Dara: Stop

Jiyong: Hahahahahahahahaha. How the. Hahahahahahaha.

Dara: Jiyong!

Jiyong: Sandara! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Dara: Don't you have any work?

Jiyong: You are so… Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Dara: What?

Jiyong: Hahahahahahahah!

 

See! He’s been like this for five minutes. Gah!

 

Dara: I hate you.

 

After throwing my phone on the bed, I dove into my bed face first. I sighed loudly but it came out as a muffled moan.

 

I won’t reply to him. I will resist him.

 

Resist!

 

The guy is an abomination. I can’t even construct any sentence to describe him. His username truly and absolutely suits him: OneofaKindJi.

 

I may or may not be attracted to him because in the past few weeks there is this kind of pull I can’t fathom towards Jiyong but I can’t possibly be attracted to s. God knows I’ve already had a fair share of them.

 

My phone beeped beside me, indicating a message. I turned and stared at it, contemplating if I should reply.

 

No. Resist, Dara. You’re a strong independent woman.

 

Conscience is that you? Oh, god. I think I’m talking to myself. It seems I have been doing it a lot lately ever since I met Jiyong.

 

My phone beeped again.

 

Resist.

 

It beeped again.

 

Satan, are you tempting me? Please, no. Go away.

 

I heard my phone go off again.

 

I, Sandara Park, will not give in to Kwon Jiyong.

 

Again, it beeped and my left hand involuntarily reached out. I slapped my hand and shouted at it, “No!”

 

, don’t give in.

 

I think that was my conscience, and I stupidly answered back, “ I’m trying!”

 

I am positively going crazy.

 

The phone beeped again, and this time it went wild—beeping nonstop.

 

I can’t I’m sorry! Jiyong is too powerful! My super powers have nothing against his! I am too ing weak!

 

I quickly picked up my phone and found multiple messages from Jiyong.

 

Jiyong: Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Jiyong: Yahhh. Hahahahahaha

Jiyong: Dara?

Jiyong: Aww, don't be like that. I'm sorry. It's just really funny.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

Jiyong: Dara…

Jiyong: Dara…

Jiyong: Dara…

Jiyong: I'll call you... I swear

 

What? I rubbed my eyes, making sure I read that right.

 

Jiyong: If you don't reply in the next minute. I'll call you…

 

He can’t be ing serio—As if on cue, my phone started ringing. Startled, I dropped it on my face.

 

I whimpered, nursing my nose. Damn it! That hurt like a bi—My phone is ringing. My phone is really ringing! He’s really calling me!

 

I quickly sat up, reaching for my phone, flipped it and looked at the screen. And smack in the middle of it:

 

Jiyong is calling…

 

All hell broke loose.

 

“Ahhhhhh!” I ran around the room, shouting at the screen, clutching the phone away from my body like it’s a ing baby that is peeing on my eye.

 

“He is calling me!” I said to no one but myself.

 

He didn’t even give me enough time to get ready for this moment. That inconsiderate !

 

“Oh, my god! What to do!? What to do!? Aaacck—”

 

I tripped over nothing.

 

Frowning at myself on the floor, I scrunched up my face. Even indirectly, he makes me crazy. I am so right! He has super powerful powers!

 

The ringing abruptly stopped which made me gawk at my phone at the moment. I exhaled a sign of relief thinking it was over.

 

Scrambling to stand up, I fixed myself and patted my hair to tame it. “You’re okay, Dara. Everything’s okay now,” I reassured myself.

 

Apparently, I spoke too soon.

 

Jiyong is calling…

 

I started shrieking again.

 

“Holy , calm down, Dara! Calm down!” I yelled to myself. “This isn’t you. You’re always calm and collective.”

 

Until you met this nutjob.

 

I can hear my heart beating erratically against my chest. Heart, please don’t be noisy. I’m concentrating right here.

 

Concentrate, Dara. You’ve been chatting with him for weeks now and he’s the one who initiated a phone call. Don’t you want to hear his voice? Aren’t you a little bit curious?

 

Yes. Yes, I am.

 

My brain is wreaking havoc. Do I answer or not?

 

To answer… or not to answer?

 

To answer… or not to answer?

 

Damn it. Where’s a flower when you need one?

 

After so much dilemma, I breathed deeply and decided to answer it. Clicking the answer button, I slowly placed my phone in my ear.

 

“Hello?” I breathily asked.

 

I was then met with silence.

 

“H-hello?” My heart was beating right out of my chest that I stuttered.

 

I was again, met with silence. I only hear a faint breath on the other line. What the hell is wrong with this guy? Why isn’t he talking? After what I went through the last few minutes, he decides not to talk? My less than patient temper decided to lash out.

 

“If you’re going to call, have the decency to talk! You really are an . Goodbye, you bastard.”

 

I was about to put my phone away when I heard the most sharp, breath-taking and god-damn y laugh.

 

“God, you really are so gullible.”

 

I couldn’t answer back.

 

“I was just teasing, Dara. Hi.”

 

My whole body was frozen and I was gaping like a fish stuck out of water. I did not expect him to have a y voice. He’s Jiyong! The one I was imagining as a big, fat and burly human being. Now my brain was trying hard to push that image inside my brain against an image of a y man plus this y voice.

 

“I thought you wouldn’t answer, you know. I was feeling a bit stupid,” he chuckled and I can imagine his face buried on his palm. He once mentioned to me that it had become his habit when he felt flustered or nervous.

 

My mouth was still gaping as I was pacing the whole length of my room, trying not to squeal loudly. I can feel tingles crawling up my neck and I tried to physically shake it off my body.

 

I don’t like him, I tell myself. This was the first time we’ve talked and heard each other’s voices so it’s perfectly normal.

 

“Dara?”

 

Oh god, please say my name again.

 

“Dara? Hello?”

 

I think I might melt on the spot. People, I am not attracted to him, I’m just simply attracted to his voice because… it’s so damn y. How is that even possible?

 

I didn’t realize I was holding my breath for a while that I almost passed out from giddiness, nervousness and of course, the lack of ing air.

 

This guy is seriously something.

 

“Did you die?”

 

“Oh,” I snapped out of it and decided to not sound that awe-stricken with his voice. “Y-Yeah. I’m still here.”

 

“Did you just spaced out?” he chuckled.

 

“Yes. I mean, no.” I retaliated almost immediately making it more obvious that I was in fact spacing out. “Why would I space out? It’s not like your voice is y or anything. I just dropped my phone.”

 

“Uh huh, really?”

 

Of course not, but I didn’t tell him that.

 

“Yeah,” I prayed for him to let it go and change the topic or I’ll forever be buried six feet underneath my shame. “Seriously, I dropped it.”

 

“If you say so, Dara.”

 

Good enough.

 

“So… why did you call?” I shuffled to my bed, taking a seat cross-legged swinging myself back and forth, trying not to make any noise that is close to a squeal. “This is very surprising.”

 

“I honestly thought I pissed you off,” he said, sounding really conc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter