two.

Behind the Scenes - We Got Married (Seohyun and Yonghwa)

A faint cry was heard from afar, disrupting the ever so precious break time of the remaining eight girls of Girls’ Generation.

“OH MY GOD! Did you hear that?” Tiffany asked in her fluent English.

“Yeah... what the hell was that?” replied Jessica, another fluent English speaker.

“HEY! TALK IN KOREAN YOU TWO! Where do you think you are? America?” Sunny complained while attempting the best of her aegyo, feeling left out.

“Ugh. Stop with your aegyo then. Who do you think you are? A baby?

“Shut up all of you. Let’s go check out what happened,” the leader interrupted.

The girls crept through the halls, following the source of the sound, which led to a dressing room. They were frightened, unsure of what to do because of the sudden strange occurrence. One of the members knocked on the door, calling out to check if anyone was in there. At the sound of the knock, Seohyun froze. Panic struck her, causing a nauseous feeling to surge throughout her entire body. She was seconds away from having her secret exposed. Millions of thoughts zoomed through her mind as contemplated on what to do, as she dreaded what would happen next, “Should I hide? Should I run away? Maybe I can pretend th-that.. that I..” She felt hopeless, and instead of executing any of her plans, she sat still.

Minutes passed by, and there was no response.

“Someone just open the door!”

Sunny, backed up preparing to knock down the door. She concentrated on the door, and ran as fast as possible towards it confidently as she expected the door to crash down. Instead, with her petite figure, she bounced off the door, and ended up on the floor. Scratching her head, she was oblivious to why her plan didn’t work. After several attempts at opening the door, nothing seemed to work. They paced around, thinking of ways to open the door, until Sooyoung interrupted, “...Shouldn’t we just get the keys?...” If only they had thought of that earlier, they wouldn’t have wasted all that time. Only then, did they realize that there was no sound coming from the room anymore. Yoona and Yuri who retrieved the keys, hurriedly opened the door. Upon entering, all they saw was Seohyun lying on the floor motionless, with her eyes closed, and tears running down her now puffy and red cheeks.

---

The girls paced back and forth in front of the closed door, which was now a patient room at a hospital, instead of the dressing room from the incident earlier. As the doctor came out, professionally dressed in his long, white coat, the girls surrounded him and pestered him with questions about Seohyun’s condition. “She is fine. The cause of her fainting is due to her fatigue, along with excess stress. She just needs to rest, and relax,” he clarified, and left to treat his next patient.  The girls went inside to check on her. More and more people gathered in the already tight room. The managers came, Seohyun’s parents came, and even Yonghwa came.

Seohyun blinked open her eyes which were still sensitive from the brightness of the room. She looked around, recognizing everyone gathered around the bed. She felt ashamed and guilty causing everyone to worry over her. She weakly smiled at everyone, until she spotted Yonghwa. Ignoring him, she listened to her fellow members expressing their worries over her. Her manager and parents gave words of advice. Slowly the room emptied, and only Yonghwa remained.

With his head facing down with disgrace, he slowly walked towards his weak girlfriend. Seohyun immediately turned around to avoid making any eye contact with him.

“Mianhe, Seohyun-ah... Please get better. Don’t be mad either, it’ll only add to your stress,” he sincerely said in a quiet tone, only to be ignored. He was not even sure whether he should give her some time to calm down, or keep trying to talk to her. He constantly apologized, finding ways to cheer her up, but she wouldn’t budge. The only idea Yonghwa came up with, was using ‘We Got Married’ as an excuse.

“How will we film the next episode if you’re like this?” Not expecting an answer, he reached for Seohyun’s hand.

Shrugging him off, she exploded in tears once again and yelled, “Go away! I DON’T want to talk to you! I DON’T want to see you. I DON’T WANT YOU IN MY LIFE!

He was speechless; never did he expect Seohyun to fume with this much anger. Yonghwa wanted to calm her down, but he knew if he continued, she would only feel worse. Disappointed, Yonghwa left the room, apologizing once again. He reached for his phone from his pockets, and dialled the director of ‘We Got Married’.

“I don’t want to film anymore.”

 

 

Uh oh. ;o