one.

Behind the Scenes - We Got Married (Seohyun and Yonghwa)

Loud music was reverberating throughout the humid room, as nine girls rehearsed the dance that was nearly engrained into their memory. Their every step and every movement precisely followed the beat of their song; all except for one’s. The girls were already covered in sweat, exhausted from the hours of constant practicing. At this point, they were all getting impatient and annoyed, far from their usual mood. The fact that the maknae kept messing up, wasn’t helping. The music came to an abrupt stop, and a soft, yet loud voice came from the leader, “Are you okay, Seohyun?”

Seohyun was too preoccupied with her thoughts, her thoughts about a certain... someone. She wasn’t her usual self. Despite being the maknae, she was most mature. From afar, she could easily be mistaken as the leader. She was the one that constantly kept the group together. She was always working hard; putting the best of her efforts into every task she was assigned. Unknowingly, subtle changes were surfacing on the innocent maknae.

“Get yourself together. We can’t spend all night practicing just because of you,” one of the girls complained while catching her breath.

“Let’s take a break; we’ll start again in ten.”

All the members dispersed, panting from the excess training. A gentle tap distracted Seohyun from her wandering mind. “Hey, are you sick? What’s wrong with you lately? You’re getting all the steps wrong...” Taeyeon asked worriedly.

‘I’m fine.” she quickly replied, forcing a slight smile. Ignoring her fellow member, she hurriedly left the room. As she searched for a quiet and empty room, her heart paced. Just the thought of being able to contact the man that she dearly missed, made her emotions go crazy. She was excited, even just to hear his voice. She hurried into an empty dressing room, making sure no one was around. It was a secret she kept only towards herself. Not even towards her closest acquaintances did she share it with. She locked the door, and dialled his number in the matter of seconds.

A male’s voice was heard from the phone she held, “Hello?”

“Yong~, it’s me, Seohyun.”

“Oh. Ahnyeong Hyun~. What’s up?”

"I was just practicing with my unnies, but I... missed you. So I called,” she confessed, blushing.

"Heh, I missed yo- uhmm...just wait a second."

As she waited for her ‘husbands’ return, she played with her long black hair, twirling it between her fingers. She was smiling brightly, until she heard a faint sound of a female over the phone. As innocent as she was, she immediately became curious to who the female was.  

"Sorry, you were saying?"

"I. I..heard a..girl? Who was that?” She was confident that Yonghwa wouldn’t do anything unfaithful, yet she was worried about the slight possibility at the same time.

"No, that's nothing. You're just hearing things Hyun." he replied sheepishly. Unfortunately, the female voice was heard again.

In disbelief, Seohyun rashly concluded that Yonghwa was having an affair. "Oppa, you're cheating on me aren't you?

"No, it's just Shinhye. Calm down.”

"What?! Why are you meeting up with her? Promise me you won’t meet up with her unless it’s for your drama!

"Mianhe, Hyun. I'm really sorry. I just-" he tried explaining, but the line was already cut. 

Seohyun hung up before he could say another word. She was fuming with both anger and jealousy. She knew Shinhye and Yonghwa were close friends, and she knew she had no right to break off their relationship. Although she knew it was selfish, she wished that Shinhye and Yonghwa had never met. She wanted to be the only one in Yonghwa’s eyes. She didn’t want to believe anything she had just heard; she didn’t want to be mad. She couldn’t help it though, she was inexperienced regarding relationships. All the trust and belief that she had for him, vanished. Unknowingly, tears slowly trailed down her cheeks, dripping onto her clothes.

---

The two friends were just spending time together, since they hadn’t been able to see each other due to their busy schedules. They were casually enjoying coffee, catching up with each other. The sun was out, birds were chirping. It seemed like an ideal day- that was, until Seohyun accused him. His mood was destroyed.

"Yong-ah, what's wrong? You seem...weird." Shinhye asked, concerned.

"Nothing, I was just arguing with Jungshin," he lied, in attempt to keep the secret hidden.

"SHINHYE! JUST LEA-" Yonghwa accidently blurted out. He was mad, not at her, but at himself. Shinhye had done nothing wrong, he just wanted to release his anger, blame it on someone else.

"What?..."

"Sorry. I'm gonna...leave,” he replied trying to suppress his anger.

 

I've rewritten this chapter like... 3 times already. >.<

Hope you like it~!