[Krisyeol] These Must Be Feelings of Love

[EXO] One-Shot Collection

This is not a new oneshot. For more information, please refer to THIS BLOG.
_________________________________________________________________________

“It didn't take long to find what I was looking for. I pulled the syringe and vial out of the drawer, and took pleasure in the way his eyes widened with fear. I smiled viciously, and made sure he was watching while I filled the syringe with harmless-looking, clear liquid.

I was impressed that I could hear him screaming even through the cloth around his mouth. He squirmed, thrashing wildly in his restraints. Even all those deliciously developed muscles couldn’t help him break free now.

I leaned down and kissed his lips none too gently while I stuck the syringe in his arm. I felt my face twist in disgust I couldn’t actually feel as I watched his body disintegrate in front of my eyes, and I walked away carelessly. I wanted him to be found. It was my calling card, you could say.

That night, the city was more colorful and more full of life than it had been for me in a long time. I took a deep breath, ignoring the car exhaust and smog. We only live once, as human beings. Live your life while you still can. I firmly believed in that logic.

Otherwise, I wouldn’t be here, Doctor.”

~~

I smiled lightly when he replayed the recorded conversation for me. I knew he was trying to get a rise out of me, but that wasn’t going to happen. I was far too intelligent for that, and I knew he knew that. I raised an eyebrow.

    “What was in the syringe, Chanyeol?” he asked and I knew he knew the answer to that as well. My smile tightened.

    “You know, Doctor. Why don’t you check your charts there, on your clipboard?” he deliberately denied me by closing the file, and I was angry at myself when I realized that he was able to bring my artificial emotions to life. I felt a surge of shallow anger bubbling just below the surface of my conscious. It’s a good thing I had extreme self-control. Otherwise the good doctor’s pen would’ve been through his eye seconds ago.

    “I’d like for you to tell me, out of your own mouth,” he smiled at me, and there was something in his eyes I didn’t like. I stood suddenly, and I sensed the nervousness building in him.

It was always like this between us. A constant struggle to gain the upper hand, and keep it. He won more times than I cared to admit, obviously. He knew me all too well, or I would’ve been out on the streets again years ago.

After all, this wasn’t the first time I’d been in a hospital for the criminally insane.

    “Why you have me repeat this to you, I'll never know." (A lie; I knew exactly why he made me repeat the details) "Sulfuric battery acid. The results were horrifying, weren’t they, Doctor Wu Fan?” I made my voice sound as contrite as possible, but I knew he could see right through me. He looked at me sternly.

    “Chanyeol, how many times do I have to tell you.. You don’t have to act around me,” he chuckled, and the way it sounded made my façade drop. I became increasingly uneasy when he stood up and walked towards me. He took off the white jacket, and the tie he always wore. He wrapped it around his knuckles and snapped it into a straight line. “Or have you forgotten that I’m your doctor?” He backed me up against a wall, and pressed the tie tightly against my windpipe. His eyes… I knew those eyes. They were the eyes I looked at every morning in the mirror at the showers. “It’s my job to know you.”

I hated this game. Hated it with everything in me now, because we were equals and yet I had become the mouse that I so despised when I had been the cat.

Other humans were my mice to catch, once.. But now, I was his mouse to catch. To play with. And he knew this. He enjoyed this with savage glee, as only one of us could.

He and I.. we were twin souls. If I wasn’t trapped in this prison, we could have been something great. But he would never let me go free, just as I would never let him go free if our positions were reversed. He was an exquisite gem, as I’m sure he considered me.

He took the tie off my windpipe, and I glared at him hatefully, even as I wheezed and gasped for breath. It was exciting, actually. My thoughts turned chaotic, and I was unable to comprehend even the simplest of questions. It was a glorious sensation. I smiled, and pointed to the clock behind him.

    “It seems like our playtime is over, Doctor,” I didn’t even have to fake the regret in my voice. I enjoyed these times, in spite of how much I hated them. His eyes flashed darkly, and I shivered. Tomorrow would be an even better session, I was almost sure of it. He stepped back and in an instant, he was back to the cool, composed Doctor Wu YiFan that everyone else knew. I felt kind of.. special, honestly, knowing that I was the only one who saw that darker side of WuFan.

    “Tomorrow, then,” his deep voice rumbled. I smiled cheekily.

    “It’s a date,” his stare burned me even after I left the room and the door shut with a loud click. Today, he had gained the upper hand. Tomorrow, I would make sure that didn’t happen. It was a promise I intended to keep.
_______________________________________________________________

Lolol, I definitely watch too many crime shows at work.


~~

Til next time, loves. ^o~