[Kaisoo] You Suffer

[EXO] One-Shot Collection

This is not a new oneshot. For more information, please refer to THIS BLOG.
____________________________________________________________________

When you give your heart to someone (your whole heart), it’s supposed to be an uplifting experience. It should feel like you’re on top of the world and nothing can bring you down. Like you can crush mountains with your bare hands.

But what happens if the person you give your heart to doesn’t return the favor? What then, hm? Well.. The truth is, you suffer. You get hurt easily, feel betrayed by the smallest things, and the thing is… You can’t seem to stop yourself. You know you should let go of him, and let someone who can care for your heart have it, but.. You can’t. Because you’re in love, you’re in far, far too deep now.

You think he’s spectacular, that he’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen. He thinks differently, and no matter how hard you try to convince him of his worth, you can’t. Because you can’t convince someone who doesn’t want to be convinced. You hear him talk meanly about himself so often and every single time, it rips you apart.

You tell yourself over and over again that you need to be more careful, that you shouldn’t love him the way you do, but you can’t help it. He you in, engrosses you wholly in the mystery of who he really is. Why he does the things he does (not the least of which is repeatedly shattering your heart and gluing it back together).

It seems like the further he pushes you away, the more determined it makes you to stay. Even though he’s told you time and time again that he can never love you the way you love him, he’s still your best friend, the one you tell your darkest secrets to. The person you tell things to that no one else knows about you.

You know that giving so much of yourself to him will only hurt you worse in the long run, but you do it anyway, because you want him so badly to trust you. And he does... To a certain extent. He’s told you as much in several conversations.

But the cost is high, higher than you can really afford to pay, because he will destroy you one day soon, when he gets married to someone who isn’t you and you aren’t even asked to be the best man because you aren’t even his best friend.

Yes, you will be destroyed and no one will be able to help you then because you never helped yourself. You should’ve left well enough alone and forgotten you ever met him, but you could never resist the tantalizing scent of tragedy. You’ve always been horrible at resisting temptation, and that’s exactly what he represents.

And well… Look at where it’s brought you. Sitting on a park bench holding the invitation to his wedding, feeling too shocked to cry or even feel the hurt you just know has to be lurking under the surface.

You got your tragedy, alright. And it damaged you more than you ever could’ve possibly bargained for.

________________________________________________________________________

Uhh.. Well. Hope you enjoyed.

~~

Til next time, loves. ^o~