Job Searching

My Angels

 

Minji POV
 
Oh My God! I'm finally done my homework. Since I'm leaving the school in two months my teacher is giving me an excessive amount of homework so I can go ahead of my class so I won't have to repeat the course... NOT FAIR!... as usual my parent are coming home REALLY late. I sighed and jumped on my bed. I laid there facing the ceiling. I imagined them going through all sort of humiliation, and stares just to support us. Tears started to blur my vision. I pulled my self together and went downstairs to the living room. Since it was like 9:00 pm I didn't expect my parents to be home. I looked for a few moments... I found the newspaper under the coffee table. I grabbed it and spread it across the table. i skipped the news, and the games, and went directly to the job offers. Some were circled by my parents, others were crossed. I checked out the ones that were untouched. I found many jobs that I can do... I sighed and dialed the number under the waiter required add. I waited for a while then the answering machine started.
 
"Sorry, the number your trying to reach is unavailable. Please check the number, and try again"
 
I sighed and closed the phone as I crossed the restraunt add... I looked at the supermarket add and I dailed the number. I waited for "leave your message after the tone" after a few rings a man anwered the phone
 
"Hello?" he said
 
"Hi, I'm calling about the job offer" I said
 
"sorry honey... we already found someone" he said
 
"It's okay... thanks anyways... have a good night" i said
 
"You too" he said
 
I smiled and closed the phone. I crossed out the market's add. Then I saw another add and I dialed the number, not expecting much.
 
"Hello?" A nice women answered the phone.
 
"Hello... I'm calling about the job offer" I said.
 
"Oh...yes"
 
"Well.. I'd like to apply" I said nervously.
 
"Sure can I just have some simple information?" She asked
 
"Sure" I answered.
 
"Well what is your name?" 
 
"Park Minji"
 
"Your birthday?"
 
"April 18th 1996"
 
"Oh your young... are you a drop-out?" she asked
 
"No. I'm currently studying" i said defending myself.
 
"Ok... well... when can you come pick up the application?" she asked
 
"I can pick it up tommorrow at 9:30" I said
 
"That's perfect I'll see you tomorrow"
 
"Thank you... have a good night" i said
 
"You too" she said before hanging up.
 
After 1 hour of calling I wrote a list of places I can work at:
 
-First Love- Some place that sells stuff for couples
-SMILE-  A Daycare
-All you need is coffee- A cafe, obviously
-A little help- tutoring (I propably won't go to it TOO BORING)
- Happy Jump- Ice-cream and candy shop (Perfect for me!)
 
I was looking at a few more job offers when the front door opened and my parents walked through. At first I was scared , then I smiled.
 
"Well I have to..." my mom stopped when she saw me.
 
"Oh minji what are you doing?" my dad asked. His face turned pale when he saw the newspaper in my hand. 
 
"I'm looking for a job" I said cheerfully. The complete opposite of what I felt.
 
"What?" my mom was so shocked.
 
"Well... I saw how much I depended on you guys, and I think I can't support myself if anything happend to you... beside I want to be responsible" 
 
"You don't have to get a job!" my dad assured me.
 
"You know we'll never stop supporting you"
 
 I nodded my head, I wanted to run and cry in their arms. I wish they could've told me the truth. One day I will cry in their arms, and they would tell me the truth, but for now I have to pretend like I'm doing this for myself. God please help me.
 
"I know that" I love them.
 
'Are you sure about this?" my mom asked me
 
"Of course and it'll be fun" I said cheerfully
 
'they nodded their heads and went upstairs. When I saw them enter the room and close the door behind them, tears instantly ran down my face. I placed my head on the table.
 
-after two weeks-
So i'm officially working at:
-First Love- monday and wednesday
-all you need is coffee- tuesday and thursday
-a happy jump- friday and sunday
so technecly saturday is my only day off, but i'm happy i get payed 10,000 won ($10) an hour, so i get 450,000 ($450) a week. I start next week *FIGHTING*