caring

The Way We Were
"oh luhan! we auditioned this girl that day. she's really pretty, right? she's really talented too, but too bad, she's taken by kris..." sehun pouted.
 
"yeah," he said, finally looking at me. we stared at each other. guess what, I think I still love luhan.
 
"congrats, bro" he punched kris chest lightly and walked to his room sloppily.
 
"what happened to him?" lay asked.
 
"I guess he still have a tummy ache. he was in the toilet before he was here" baekhyun explained.
 
things are gonna get so complicated.
 
"do stay for dinner. kyungsoo is going to cook, you should try his food!" chanyeol beamed.
 
"why not? I love good food" I grinned.
 
kris and I sat on the couch. 
 
"luhan... he really have a tummy ache?"
 
he frowned. "yeah... why?"
 
"I have a medicine that really works." I took out the pack from my bag. "I always have tummy ache, so I bring this wherever I go. funny huh?" 
 
I stood up. "I'll go give it to him" I walked to his room.
 
I knocked on the door and opened the door. "why did you even knock when-" he stopped when he looked up at me. he was on his bed, looking quite pale.
 
"are you alright?" I tried saying. I was on the verge of crying.
 
he laid back down in his bed and turned away from me.
 
"please reply me, luhan" I said again. a tear fell from my eye.
 
"remember the medicine we always use when we had tummy ache and it works? I'll put it here. get well soon" 
 
luhan's pov
 
she was about to leave the room when I stopped her by holding her hands.
 
"at least... feed me" I said greedily. I couldn't face the truth, seeing my first love with my buddy. I just want her to talk with me again.
 
"sure thing" she smiled even though she was crying.
 
I closed my eyes. i shouldn't be doing this right? she have a boyfriend already. this... will be the last time we'll be talking.
 
she came back with water. "remind me of the old days, luhan, when you were sick, I would come to your house and accompany you" she mumbled.
 
"yeah..." I managed to say out hoarsely. 
 
she pop a pill into my mouth and she passed me the cup. "thank you" 
 
"welcome" she smiled again. 
 
why are we so awkward? like as if we just met? I hate this. why can't we be like last time?
 
"don't cry anymore" she started sobbing.
 
"how? I finally get to see you already" she hugged me. I just held her.
 
"don't. you already have a boyfriend. please. forget me. move on" I hugged her back tightly. this is gonna be our last hug, si. I'm gonna give you to kris, and I'm gonna try forget you completely and move on. from then on, we have nothing to do with each other anymore.
 
si's pov
 
I'll try to forget you and move on, for kris. i don't want to cheat on my boyfriend when he is so loving and treat me preciously despite his image.
 
I released from the hug and stood up without looking at him. I left his room and went out. where's everyone? 
 
I took my phone from my bag.
 
"kris: take care of luhan. we're in the supermarket buying food for dinner" 
 
I went back into his room. he's sleeping. I sat on the bed beside him and I his hair. he didn't really change much. he still looks like an angel when he sleeps. he suddenly opened his eyes. 
 
"what are you doing?" he said. I didn't expect this. it feels weird, to have your best friend saying this to you. 
 
"you already have a boyfriend. please don't. I don't want to be the third party. I don't want to see kris getting hurt. I don't want him to hate me either. that way we can't do our career properly anymore." 
 
"I'm just taking care for you. he asked me to. I'm... not cheating on kris. I don't want to cheat on my boyfriend either. he's really nice"
 
"good to hear that. just... avoid me from now on. we both have to move on." 
 
"can't we still be friends? I'm not asking for anymore. seeing you everyday and acting like I don't know you, I can't do that." 
 
he just nodded his head. "okay. from now onwards" he reached out his pinky finger and I linked mine to his. "friends" I smiled. but my heart shattered.
 
"we're home!" chen shouted.
 
xiumin came into luhan's room. 
 
"how's your tummy ache, lu?"
 
"fine. the medicine... it works" he looked at me and smiled. 
 
"looks like you guys have make friends" xiumin smirked.
 
"I think so?" he ruffled my hair. I blushed.
 
"look more like best friends" tao intruded.
 
kris came walking in. "what am I missing out?"
 
"si and luhan became best friends in an hour" tao chuckled.
 
"hey hey, don't steal my baby girl" he joked as he pulled me away from luhan. but we both gulped.
 
"dinner's ready!" kyungsoo shouted.