Feelings

My Release

It's been a little over a month since you started doing choreography for the boys of Super Junior. The Super Show was fast approaching and you were constantly working through the dance moves with them. You were impressed at their talent, they had picked up your complicated moves pretty easily. Outside of the dance room and when he wasn't busy with schedules, Heechul had always wanted to hang out with you. You had hung out with the members quite frequently actually and you were beginning to love working with them as you got closer together. You were friends now, and that made you feel good. However, Heechul had been acting strange around you and you sensed he was feeling a little more than friendship. He got weirdly jealous when you hung out with the other guys and he really did not like Jason. It didn't bother you much because, in all honesty, you were starting to feel something for him too, but you knew it wasn't smart since he was so popular with women and arrogant. Those alone were all the red flags you needed to keep away. But he was persistent! He was always calling you out late at night to get food with him or to see a movie or something Korean. And you couldn't help but say yes and find yourself loving being around him. At night, you would stand outside your apartment as he walked you home, and you knew he wanted to say something, but he never did. You tried to keep your mind off of him and on your job.

Korean style dancing was really impressing you. Your fears about the insincerity were squashed as you worked with the talented SM artist. Some of them had really blown your mind and made you uncharacteristically excited.

(flashback)

"Rachael! We need your opinion on something!" The dance director called from down the hallway. You were on break so you walked to the dance room where she was rehearsing with the group SHINee. "What's up?" You asked her and smiled at the boys. They bowed in response. "We just finished the choreography for their new title track, but we want to know how it looks to someone who has never seen it. You nodded and she smiled. "Great!" She turned to the boys and spoke in Korean. "Okay! Let's do it from the top and show Rachael  the dance." They nodded and even joked around about getting to dance for the pretty foreign choreographer. You smiled at them as they set up in place for the opening. As soon as the music was on, though, their faces were serious and replaced by real professional artists. It wasn't even halfway into the song and you were bobbing your head as your eyes sparkled, already loving what you were seeing. When the of the song came, a kid named Taemin did a heart shattering, face melting, awesome spin move, making you cheer out of character. The song ended and you clapped enthusiastically. "That was so great! Seriously! I'm so impressed!" You said to them in Korean. They smiled and thanked you as you left the room.

You felt stupid when you walked into your dance room and the boys teased you, cheering like you had done watching SHINee. Heechul moped though and you wondered why he was acting so childish. "Okay! Breaks over!" You smiled and everyone set up to go over the three songs one last time for the day. They got in position and their faces went into character, fitting the mood of the song. You noticed Heechul staring at you and you motioned for him to look down like the others. He did as he was told, but not before you witness a flash of annoyance cross his face. The music started and they flowed gracefully, hitting almost every point flawlessly. You had told them to pretend as if this was an actual performance and they were doing well to make it seem that way. The first song finished and you clapped for them. "Yeah! Okay good! Watch the timing a little bit, Kyu and Donghae, but it was really good!" They nodded and set up for the next song. This one was a y R&B type song. The music started and each member had a little solo spot to try and melt the hearts of the fan girls. They were joking around with it and being overdramatic and you giggled, watching their overexaggerated facials. That song ended and you did the same as the last song. "Great job, guys. One more and we'll call it a day." You smiled, but noticed that Heechul was still acting grumpy. You shrugged it off as they set up for the final song. Jason came in before it started and you smiled at him before he stood next to you to watch. Heechul visibly looked pissed now and some of the other members glanced at him to make sure he didn't act out. The music began and they worked through the moves better than they had in the other two. This was a dance track and you made sure to choreograph it to match the song; with lots of energy and dynamic movement. You were watching each member when you came to Heechul, who was only half-heartedly dancing. You raised your hand and the music stopped. "Yah. Heechul. This is like a real performance. Why are you dancing like that? Do it for real please." The members looked over at him and he rolled his eyes, surprising you. You were irritated that he was dancing like that and his attitude pissed you off even more. "Heech. Wipe that attitude off your face before I make you dance this a hundred times over." He scoffed, but got back in position. The music started over and each member did well this time, even Heechul. As soon as the song was over, you dismissed the members. Heechul went for his things straight away, sitting on the floor against the wall and shooting daggers at you through his eyes. Jason said goodbye to you and gave you an encouraging hug, telling you that you were doing a great job with the group. You smiled and waved as he and everyone else left, but turned back to find Heechul glaring at you.

You scoffed and turned to put your things together. "What is that look for?" He stood and walked over to you. "Why don't you just choreograph for SHINee? Or with Jason?" You were not amused. "And why would I do that?" He lowered his voice. "Because you obviously like them better." You looked up at him now. "What makes you think that? Hmm? Am I not allowed to compliment them if they work hard and perform well? And Jason is my friend. Am I not allowed to hang out with him?" He glared again and walked back to his things, but you followed him. "Why are you acting this way Heechul? You need to stop being so jealous!" He scoffed again. "I am NOT jealous!" "Yeah?" He yelled, repeating himself. "I'm not jealous!" You smirked at him, not buying a single bit of his act. He bent over to get his things, but you stopped him. "The middle of the floor. Now." He almost ignored you, but the look on your face showed him that you weren't playing around. Reluctantly, he sighed and did as he was told. You walked to the music stand and plugged in your iPhone, setting it to a certain song. You picked up the remote and walked back over to Heechul, standing directly in front of him. "You're obviously jealous, Heech. But I'm gonna show you how I get over myself." He rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna play a song. And we're gonna dance. I don't care how you dance. Just let the music take over whatever is in your mind and let your body do whatever it wants. Understand?" "I don't see the point in this." He mumbled. "I don't care what you see." He sighed, but then surprised you a little by nodding. You stood facing each other and hit play.

(http://youtu.be/vAyLPNLxB9U)

You started moving first and you made sure to be obvious and purposeful in your movements so that he wouldn't feel awkward. He started slow at first, closing his eyes, and then opened them and began really dancing. You had seen him dance before with the group but this was...different. It was almost like he forgot you were there, but then he came to you. You were thrown off by his seriousness. You kept dancing and even moved with him, letting him take the lead. A dance that was supposed to be freeing and relaxing became dark and y. He moved right up behind you and oddly, you let him. What couldn't be said with words, you spoke with your bodies. You moved perfectly in sync together, bodies pressed up against each other. At the end of the song, on the last beat, you were left facing each other, faces inches apart and breathing heavily. He stared at you and, without hesitation, kissed you. When he pulled back, your eyes were wide. You knew he liked you, but now he had kissed you. He looked smug. "How's that for letting my body do what it wants?" He moved back towards you and pinned you against the wall. "Because I've been wanting to do that for so long." He breathed. He stared at you again before slowly leaning down and kissing you again, this time a little softer and with more emotion. You felt yourself let go of your concerns and you kissed him back, which encouraged him to put his arms around you. He bit your lip and caused you to open up so he could slide his tongue in. You kissed until you were out of breath. Then he leaned his forehead against yours, both your eyes closed. "I knew you were jealous." You whispered. He smiled and pecked your lips again. "Why didn't you say anything?" You asked him. He shrugged and pulled you to lay on the floor on your backs. "I don't know. I was just...I don't know." You smiled. He didn't have to embarrass himself by explaining that he was scared. You were staring at the cieling when he took your hand. "I'm sorry. I acted stupid." You squeezed his hand. "It's okay...stupid." He scoffed. "Yah. You're really mean to me! I don't know why I like you!" He pouted and crossed his arms, turning away from you. You laughed. "So now you admit that you like me?" He turned to you again. "Did that kiss tell you that? Pabo." You laughed again and scooted towards him so he couldn't move away. "Yah. Is that any way to talk to the woman you like?" You pecked his lips again and stood up, walking towards your things. He jumped up too, and grabbed your hand. "Yah." You turned to face him. "What." "Be my girlfriend." You smiled and turned away, pretending to think about it. "Hmmm." He laughed again and caught you in his arms! "Yah! You're lucky to be my girl! I'm Kim Heechul! I could have anyone!" You pouted and shrugged off his arms around you. "Then go find one of them!" He looked shocked like he was scared he offended you. "I'm just kidding, Rachael. I really just want you." He came up behind you and s his arms around your waist. You stood up straight and leaned into him. "Then okay. But you have to promise me something." He nodded. "Stop being so jealous when I'm with other guys. And you're not allowed to look at other girls." He laughed. "I can't get jealous but you can?" You nodded and he laughed again. Then he turned you around to face him. "Deal. You are now Kim Heechul's girlfriend." You smiled and he kissed you again.