Frustrations

Toy

3rd POV

An hour later, the Cadillac arrived at a huge estate. It would've been welcoming, but the high electric fence forced the bright white house to look more like an ostentatious prison.

"What are those for?" Kyungsoo whispered to Tao, pointing to the menacing gate, which crackled blue.

His eyes avoided Kyungsoo’s.

"It's for the…beasts." the butler whispered.

The nanny nodded slowly as he pondered frightfully.

'Are they to keep them out or to keep the-'

"You're the new guy!" a raspy voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts.

It belonged to a cockily smirking, ash blonde man that leaned against the gigantic front entrance with his hands in his pockets. He had sharp features and a playful glint shone in his dark eyes.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun," he introduced, "And you must be Do Kyungsoo? You're not as reliable looking as Chanyeol kept ranting about."

His smirk widened as he twirled around the shocked Kyungsoo. Baekhyun leaned in, close to the other's face and stopped.

"You look like a little rabbit," he chuckled, “Are you sure you can take care of Joonmyeon and Jongdae?”

Despite looking feminine because of his short height and slight build, Kyungsoo was actually quite masculine in personality.

“Um...Sorry for looking like I am, Mr. Bacon. I’ll beef up during my stay. Maybe I’ll stuff my face with some goddamn bacon every morning.” he spat, dignity bruised.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at him.

“Bacon?” he asked incredulously.

“Bacon.”

A brief silence passed before Tao erupted in laughter.

“For the love of God, did he just call you a breakfast food?” he snickered, “That’s worse than that time when Minseok-hyung called you ‘Eyeliner King’!”

Baekhyun glared at the younger for a moment, but gave in to the ironic comedy of his new nickname.

“Fine, sorry,” he managed to apologize between fits of uncontrollable laughter, “I was just teasing. I would have never expected for you to fight back!”

Kyungsoo grinned. The atmosphere was much lighter and now, he could see the blonde as a possible friend.

“It’s okay.” he shrugged.

Tao's phone started to ring and the dark haired man sighed as he picked up.

"Hello?"

Someone whined on the other end and Tao's expression grew annoyed. He signalled to Baekhyun that he was going to take awhile and the other grasped Kyungsoo's arm.

"I'll give you the tour," he grinned, "It looks like Tao's gonna be stuck. It's probably his mom. You know...being mom-like."

Kyungsoo nodded and followed his guide.

"So, what school are you from?" Baekhyun asked as he fumbled with his key to the front door.

"Sunkyunkwan University. Education and childcare major. Pre-med minor."

The blonde's eyes grew wide as he whistled.

"Woah. Nice college." he grinned, finally unlocking the entrance.

Kyungsoo shrugged but smiled smugly.

The door opened to a vast ballroom-like space with two staircases leading up.

"This," Baekhyun motioned around him, "is the main recieving room. But since we never have anyone over, we just call it the main 'room we really don't need'. We have a lot of them."

The nanny nodded stiffly, taking in the ostentatious decoration around him. Suddenly, an elderly woman in a long black and white dress rushed toward the two.

"Master Byun, Master Byun! Young Master Joonmyeon came home with a black eye! Some of the town's boys attacked him on his way home!" she fretted.

Baekhyun flared in anger.

"What?! How did this happen? Was he not riding Yongguk's car?"

The women fidgeted for a second.

"Yongguk had an emergency and had to leave for the city...He would've told you, but Young Master Joonmyeon said he wanted to walk home." she tried to explain.

Baekhyun growled, pushing her away and rushing up the stairs to Joonmyeon. Kyungsoo stared in shock. Why had the woman called Baekhyun 'Master'?

"Um, excuse me," he said, grabbing the woman's attention, "Hi, I'm Do Kyungsoo, the new nanny...I'm not really sure where my room is, so..."

The woman gasped.

"You're the Young Masters' new caretaker? But you're so young! Almost their age!"

Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly.

"I'm really not that young. I just look like it." he grinned.

The woman smiled back and bowed.

"I am Kim Taeyeon, the head maid. I hope that we will get along well." she said.

Taeyeon led Kyungsoo to his room, up the stairs and past a strange painting of an old king with yellow eyes. The painting's eyes seemed to follow his every move, which frightened Kyungsoo.

As they entered his room, Kyungsoo stopped.

"Taeyeon-sshi, I'm sorry to ask, but what exactly is Baekhyun's job?"

The maid laughed, slightly surprised.

"Why, Kyungsoo," she smiled, "Master Byun Baekhyun is the Young Masters' uncle and the Kim estate's head of services. In short, he's our boss."